PDA

View Full Version : Now that AT&T bought DirecTV

Bucky Dog
05-25-2014, 06:39 PM
You have to think they will get the deal done with the SEC Network sooner rather than later. At least that's what I'm betting on because I do not want to change to dish. AT&T already has a deal so I bet the negotiations for fees and what not will pick up now. I wouldn't think AT&T would want to lose the potential number of customers in the south to Dish right after the big purchase.

DawgSaint
05-25-2014, 06:49 PM
They will all have it before August. On a side note....I don't understand the overall negative posts about Dish Network. We've had it for several years without any problems at all. I'm not saying Bucky is bashing Dish, however just read a lot of "I'd never switch to Dish" tweets and posts. Makes no sense to me. We have everything Direct has plus SEC Network already in the bag.

shoeless joe
05-25-2014, 07:05 PM
We have directv and dish. I don't hate dish but I much prefer directv.

oldjoedawg
05-25-2014, 07:18 PM
You have to think they will get the deal done with the SEC Network sooner rather than later. At least that's what I'm betting on because I do not want to change to dish. AT&T already has a deal so I bet the negotiations for fees and what not will pick up now. I wouldn't think AT&T would want to lose the potential number of customers in the south to Dish right after the big purchase.

The deal is done between ATT UVerse and the SEC Network....that was the first one announced...then Dish...the others will fall into line before the games begin....

Bucky Dog
05-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Yeah I'm not bashing it really just don't want the hassle. I have just heard from a few folks that have had both the Direct offers more and had more HD but that could be in the past.

Political Hack
05-25-2014, 07:51 PM
AT&T will have a vested interest in ensuring that DTV doesn't lose a ton of customers come September. Dtv management on the other hand probably won't care too much. Could be interesting.

War Machine Dawg
05-25-2014, 11:10 PM
I have DTV, and I've had family who has Dish. Can't tell you how much I hate Dish. They suck.

bobcat91
05-26-2014, 12:05 AM
I've had Dish and DirecTV. I prefer DIRECTV and Dish doesn't have the NFL Sunday Ticket. Not having to watch the damn Saints and Cowboys is worth every penny I pay for it.

Dawgbite
05-26-2014, 06:16 AM
I'll tell you why I hate Dish. I had Dish for for 10- 12 years and had began to have problems with both receivers. Both remotes had been replaced with universal remotes and had began to have weekly service technician calls repairing my receivers but it wouldn't last. I called dish and explained the situation and asked for two new receivers , the receivers that I had were no longer used and they would have to be upgraded to a newer HD receiver at a cost of $299 each. So I said that I would sign a new two year contract for new equipment that they were advertising but was told that those deals were for new customers only not existing customers. I told them that Direct would give me new receivers and they said fine go ahead, so I did. Not a week after I switched, Dish called and offered me 4 new receivers and 50% off for a year if I switched back! I told them they could have kept my business two weeks prior for two refurbished receivers and now the were offering four HD receivers and a discount because now I would be a new customer? Screw Dish!

I seen it dawg
05-26-2014, 09:07 AM
I'll tell you why I hate Dish. I had Dish for for 10- 12 years and had began to have problems with both receivers. Both remotes had been replaced with universal remotes and had began to have weekly service technician calls repairing my receivers but it wouldn't last. I called dish and explained the situation and asked for two new receivers , the receivers that I had were no longer used and they would have to be upgraded to a newer HD receiver at a cost of $299 each. So I said that I would sign a new two year contract for new equipment that they were advertising but was told that those deals were for new customers only not existing customers. I told them that Direct would give me new receivers and they said fine go ahead, so I did. Not a week after I switched, Dish called and offered me 4 new receivers and 50% off for a year if I switched back! I told them they could have kept my business two weeks prior for two refurbished receivers and now the were offering four HD receivers and a discount because now I would be a new customer? Screw Dish!

Same damn thing happened to me. Unreal.

PMDawg
05-26-2014, 11:38 AM

Virtually the same thing happened to me...except the other way around. I had Direct, and really liked it. I told them I was switching if they didn't fix some things and give me a better rate. They didn't budge. I switched. The NEXT day, after I switched they called and offered me everything I had asked for not 24 hours ago. I laughed and told them where they could go. That was 4 years ago, I've had Dish ever since. While I slightly prefer Direct over Dish for quality, channels, and user friendliness...there's not enough of a difference to make me pay an extra $25-$40/month to have it. 4 years in and I'm still around $80/mo with Dish. A comparable Direct package was almost $120 when I switched.

PMDawg
05-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Virtually the same thing happened to me...except the other way around. I had Direct, and really liked it. I told them I was switching if they didn't fix some things and give me a better rate. They didn't budge. I switched. The NEXT day, after I switched they called and offered me everything I had asked for not 24 hours ago. I laughed and told them where they could go. That was 4 years ago, I've had Dish ever since. While I slightly prefer Direct over Dish for quality, channels, and user friendliness...there's not enough of a difference to make me pay an extra $25-$40/month to have it. 4 years in and I'm still around $80/mo with Dish. A comparable Direct package was almost $120 when I switched.

oh yeah, and I always hated missing my shows while Direct was in a fight with seemingly every network known to man. Dish does it too from time to time, but nowhere near the frequency Direct did back in the day.