PDA

View Full Version : Karsten Whitson (rhp -Florida)

msstate7
05-25-2014, 03:45 PM
This kid was drafted #9 overall in 2010. He turned it down to go to Florida. Last year he was drafted in the 37th round. He's expected to get drafted much higher this year, but no way he's higher than 9th. Whoever this kid's advisers are should be charged with a crime IMO.

MarketingBully01
05-25-2014, 03:55 PM
This kid was drafted #9 overall in 2010. He turned it down to go to Florida. Last year he was drafted in the 37th round. He's expected to get drafted much higher this year, but no way he's higher than 9th. Whoever this kid's advisers are should be charged with a crime IMO.

Yep, those are the chances they take. I think if you are a kid out of high school and get drafted in the first round you should go. I think anything after that you should go to college. I think Cord Sandberg would have been well versed to go to college. I think Beede should have gone pro. He was selected 23rd overall. I don't think he improved on that especially with the year he had. I think Brandon Woodruff should stay for his senior year and try to put together a Strattonesque year. As of now, he won't get drafted higher then he was in high school. I think with Brandon, he has just been hurt and never fully recovered. Another off season in summer ball I think would do him good.

AlSwearengen
05-25-2014, 04:09 PM
If you are drafted in the first round, especially as a pitcher you should immediately sign a contract. If you are drafted in the second round, you should probably think about it for a day and then sign. If you come from a wealthy family and have a substantial trust fund that you can live off of the interest, go to college if you want to.

Buddy
05-25-2014, 04:11 PM
He was reportedly asking for $2.7M to sign with the Padres.

Very hard for any kid to improve on 9th overall selection after 3 years in college. However, if the kid just wanted to play college ball, can't really blame him for that.