PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Rogers projects UM as #8 national seed

State82
05-24-2014, 02:33 PM
I just don't see it at this point with LSU being 2 spots higher in rpi, taking 2 of 3 from UM and possibly being the tourney champs. Must be schedule strength. LSU is 43 and UM is 16.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Isn't the entire point of RPI is to rank the combination of schedule vs record? If so, schedule strength shouldn't be factored in any further.

Todd4State
05-24-2014, 03:42 PM
The committee will not screw over LSU. And if they did, it would be the first time in ten years.

State82
05-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Isn't the entire point of RPI is to rank the combination of schedule vs record? If so, schedule strength shouldn't be factored in any further.

That's kinda what I was thinking too.

M.Fillmore
05-24-2014, 05:14 PM
The committee will not screw over LSU. And if they did, it would be the first time in ten years.

I dunno. LSU got left out of the tourney field a couple of years ago with a pretty good RPI.

jalakin
05-24-2014, 05:21 PM
I think one of the stated reasons has been road record and that the comittee has stated that is important this year.

ScottH
05-24-2014, 05:45 PM
LSU got left out of the tourney field a couple of years ago with a pretty good RPI.

It was 2011. Their a RPI was similar to ours and their conference record was only a game ( I think) worse than ours. They beat us 2/3 in Starkville.

However, they didn't make Hoover. We did.

They got no NCAA bid. We went to Ga Tech for the Regional and on to Gainesville for the Super.

MarketingBully01
05-24-2014, 08:06 PM
I just don't see it at this point with LSU being 2 spots higher in rpi, taking 2 of 3 from UM and possibly being the tourney champs. Must be schedule strength. LSU is 43 and UM is 16.

Our two national seeds will be Florida and LSU. Ole Miss will only just host. I am thinking we only get 9 in and not 10 even though I think 10 are deserving. If that is the case, they will give us the 5 host spots and Vandy will get one.

Jacksondevildog
05-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Our two national seeds will be Florida and LSU. Ole Miss will only just host. I am thinking we only get 9 in and not 10 even though I think 10 are deserving. If that is the case, they will give us the 5 host spots and Vandy will get one.

Pretty good post. LSU has a higher RPI than the Rebels and so does USC. LSU is the #8 national as of this moment. A win tomorrow vs florida solidifies it. LSU has a higher RPI than ole miss and they took 2 of 3 from them in oxford. Chase parham tweeted out that if central floridas RPI drops to 50 from 48, the rebels record vs top 50 RPI falls from 15-12 to like 13-14 or something. That would be a killer.

curmudgeon
05-24-2014, 09:11 PM
I would think LSU has earned the national seed. Might very well be the #8, but they have earned it.

The more and more I analyze it I think we are headed to one of the Texas regionals that will be paired with ULL. I think they are going to link Baton Rouge and Oxford.

Here's my national seed/hosts.

1. Oregon State
2. Florida
3. Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Indiana
6. Louisiana-Lafayette
7. Miami
8. LSU

Other hosts
TCU
Oklahoma State
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Rice
Louisville
Washington
Cal Poly

Matchups
1. Oregon State >Cal Poly
2. Florida > Washington
3. Virginia > TCU
4. Florida State > Oklahoma State
5. Indiana > Louisville
6. Louisiana-Lafayette > Rice
7. Miami > South Carolina
8. LSU > Ole Miss

SEC Teams
LSU, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Florida: #1 seeds at home
Mississippi State: #2 seed at Rice
Alabama: #2 seed at Louisiana-Lafayette
Vanderbilt: #2 seed at Louisville
Kentucky: #2 seed at Indiana
Arkansas: #3 seed at Oklahoma State
Texas A&M: #3 seed at TCU

msstate7
05-24-2014, 09:42 PM
I would think LSU has earned the national seed. Might very well be the #8, but they have earned it.

The more and more I analyze it I think we are headed to one of the Texas regionals that will be paired with ULL. I think they are going to link Baton Rouge and Oxford.

1. Oregon State
2. Florida
3. Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Indiana
6. Louisiana-Lafayette
7. Miami
8. LSU

Other hosts
TCU
Oklahoma State
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Rice
Louisville
Washington
Cal Poly

Matchups
2. Florida > Washington
3. Virginia > TCU
5. Indiana > Louisville
8. LSU > Ole Miss

SEC Teams

Good work. Looks bout right

CadaverDawg
05-24-2014, 10:16 PM

1. Oregon State
2. Florida
3. Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Indiana
6. Louisiana-Lafayette
7. Miami
8. LSU

Other hosts
TCU
Oklahoma State
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Rice
Louisville
Washington
Cal Poly

Matchups
2. Florida > Washington
3. Virginia > TCU
5. Indiana > Louisville
8. LSU > Ole Miss

SEC Teams

Please be right

BeardoMSU
05-24-2014, 10:25 PM

1. Oregon State
2. Florida
3. Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Indiana
6. Louisiana-Lafayette
7. Miami
8. LSU

Other hosts
TCU
Oklahoma State
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Rice
Louisville
Washington
Cal Poly

Matchups
2. Florida > Washington
3. Virginia > TCU
5. Indiana > Louisville
8. LSU > Ole Miss

SEC Teams

Oh, boy, please be right. That regional matched up with LaLa for the super would be great.

lawdawg
05-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Two 1 seeds from the same conference won't be paired/meet in the supers.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Oh, boy, please be right. That regional matched up with LaLa for the super would be great.

ULL is the best team in college baseball, and I'm not kidding. You guys that are just judging them off their name, are doing just that, judging them off their name. I hate to break it to you, but they are better than all the teams in front of them.

ScottH
05-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Both Rogers and Fitt have UM hosting but not a national seed as of this AM.

CadaverDawg
05-25-2014, 10:38 AM
ULL is the best team in college baseball, and I'm not kidding. You guys that are just judging them off their name, are doing just that, judging them off their name. I hate to break it to you, but they are better than all the teams in front of them.

ULL is not the best team in college baseball. I would be glad to play them.

blacklistedbully
05-25-2014, 11:26 AM

You keep saying this. I've countered with why I think their numbers may be inflated, and asked you why you feel the way you do, yet your don't respond. Why do you think they are so good?

They hit for a high average, have a ton of HRs & RBI's, yet if you look at the Sunbelt, the pitching there seemd to be really poor. EVERY team over there seems to have inflated offensive numbers, and pretty much all the pitching staffs there have been shelled. When I see stats like that, I can't help but discount the offensives numbers and chalk it up, at least in large part, to shitty pitching.

We all know the SEC is chock-full of quality pitching, something I don't think ULL has much faced. This could really bite them in the ass if & when it comes to a regional or Super where there is quality pitching. Conversely, might we not make a logical assumption that SEC hitters will find the going a bit easier versus a Sunbelt staff?

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2014, 12:01 PM
ULL is not the best team in college baseball. I would be glad to play them.

You speaketh in absolutes like you have seem them play 5 or 6 times.

Political Hack
05-25-2014, 12:12 PM

1. Oregon State
2. Florida
3. Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Indiana
6. Louisiana-Lafayette
7. Miami
8. LSU

Other hosts
TCU
Oklahoma State
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Rice
Louisville
Washington
Cal Poly

Matchups
2. Florida > Washington
3. Virginia > TCU
5. Indiana > Louisville
8. LSU > Ole Miss

SEC Teams

if so, I could see 6 SEC teams still left come super regionals.

State82
05-25-2014, 12:26 PM
ULL is flaunting some gaudy numbers for sure. The one thing that jumps out when looking at the top 15 rpi teams is their sos. It is 117 and that could be inflating those numbers. Maybe not. We'll see shortly.

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2014, 12:35 PM
ULL is flaunting some gaudy numbers for sure. The one thing that jumps out when looking at the top 15 rpi teams is their sos. It is 117 and that could be inflating those numbers. Maybe not. We'll see shortly.

Go read about their season over the past 3 years and read the coaches profiles. The answer is in there.

blacklistedbully
05-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Go read about their season over the past 3 years and read the coaches profiles. The answer is in there.

Yeah, but we could probably say that about most of the teams we could face in a regional or Super. You've got these guys head-and-shoulders above just about everybody, so we're wondering why? What is it about them that really gets you scared?

Don't know about their non-con, but I can tell you 20 of their conference wins came versus teams with losing records. Contrast to us, where we won 6 of 7 total games versus conference foes with losing records.