PDA

View Full Version : So Bench is coming and TR is not the starter???

fishwater99
05-13-2013, 01:26 PM
This gave me a good laugh... I'll take Bench though...

It’s likely that Bench would have a better opportunity to start this upcoming season with the Bulls than the Bulldogs, although Tyler Russell, MSU’s starter in 2012, is not exactly firmly entrenched at the position.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/steven-bench-calls-reported-interest-in-miss-st-very-accurate/

FISHDAWG
05-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I would love to have Bench become a bulldog, but I also wished he would red shirt next year and compete against Dak for the starting position ... my limited understanding about Bench is he is capable of dual threat but maybe not to the extent that Dak is capable ... whatever the case, please Dan - no alternating QB's

fishwater99
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Bench has also stated that he would be willing to use a redshirt. Either way, he still has three years of eligibility remaining.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/12/steven-bench-plans-out-his-tour-of-visits/

FISHDAWG
05-13-2013, 02:12 PM
send him a "baller" card and his mom a belated Momma's day card

msstate7
05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
He needs to be recruiting priority #1 right now. With cord likely gone, we need another good qb.

msstate7
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
send him a "baller" card and his mom a belated Momma's day card

And a copy of our spring game and depth chart.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2013, 02:17 PM
^^^ nice ^^

maroonmania
05-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Bench has also stated that he would be willing to use a redshirt. Either way, he still has three years of eligibility remaining.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/12/steven-bench-plans-out-his-tour-of-visits/

Well we could go into the season hoping to RS Bench if we are fortunate enough to get him but he needs to be ready to play because you never know when the QB injury bug bites us. We were VERY VERY fortunate last year with all the licks that Russell took that he was never put out for any real length of time for a guy that has a history of injuries. It was really the last series of the OM game that he got hurt but then he had over a month to recover for the bowl game. Its actually very likely that at some point this coming year he gets nicked up and we end up starting Dak and then Bench would automatically become the backup. The BEST thing about having Bench would be that now you can feel comfortable with being able to redshirt Williams. If we do NOT get Cord and we do NOT get Bench then we will have to hope for no injuries at the QB position or else Williams will have to be ready to play and we could be forced into burning his redshirt. If we don't get Bench AND we are fortunate enough to get Cord on campus then I think there is about a 50/50 shot that one of the 2 true freshmen (likely Cord) has to play as a true freshman.

ckDOG
05-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Haha...Bench isn't coming in and taking over. He will provide much needed emergency depth for this year and a be a possible long term starter/quality backup. I hope we land him - I'm not feeling very optimistic about Cord ending up here.

engie
05-14-2013, 01:27 PM
We need him period. Badly. No need in trying to assess matters beyond that -- possibly to our own detriment in the recruiting process...

We currently have no 100% healthy starters or scholarship QBs. That's all he really needs to know...

Coach34
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM
In a perfect world- Bench comes in and redshirts. Then he and Dak battle it out for 2014

Pollodawg
05-14-2013, 08:54 PM
The ability to come in and compete as soon as your feet hit the dirt in Starkville against two QB that aren't 100% and play in a system tailor made for your strengths. Yeah, Steven. who would want to come play at a perennial bowling SEC West team that's on TV every week and putting players in the NFL at a solid clip. Yeah, who want that at all........