PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Fredi Gonzalez bench Chris Johnson last night?

MetEdDawg
05-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Threw a tantrum in the dugout after striking out (again). Fredi benched him and put Pena in at 3rd.

Fredi takes a lot of heat from a lot of Braves fans but there are two things that I really really like about him:

1) He does not put up with shit like that from players. He benched Hanley Ramirez a few years ago for lack of hustle and he's not afraid to show those guys who is in charge. Really like that about him.

2) He freaking knows baseball. He has a high challenge success rate and he is always alert as to what's going on during the game. Corrected the umps again on a ruling last night with the bullpen issue that Milwaukee had. He's just a smart guy.

There is a lot of craziness on this team in terms of our hitting being up and down, starting rotation being in limbo, changing of lineups, use of bullpen, etc. But even through all of that we are still the best team in the NL East and have the least number of runs allowed in all of baseball. Lot of turmoil and inconsistency but I think Fredi has handled it pretty well and has this team finding different ways to win.

msstate7
05-24-2014, 08:29 AM
It was a good move. I'm critical of FG but liked that move

shoeless joe
05-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Fredi's a good manager. Folks like to bash him much like they do Cohen but he manages his teams and gets a lot out of them every year.

starkvegasdawg
05-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Reminds me of when Bobby benched Andruw Jones in the middle of an inning.