PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Regional

MsStateBaseball
05-24-2014, 07:35 AM
On to the next step. We don't need to waste ourselves in SECT. You will see the difference in the team next week. I think they grew up a lot the last several games.

I hope we get a bid opposite of a NS. I hope its in Coral Gables, OK State or Texas.

Time to let the players do the talking on the field.

Saltydog
05-24-2014, 09:14 AM
is still a problem. We are still prone to having those games where we just don't hit jack and sometime it's been against average pitching.

msstate7
05-24-2014, 09:23 AM
We need a good draw. I don't wanna run into a 3 with a great front line pitcher. For us to win a regional I think we need lindgren and holder fresh to face the 1 seed.

Goat Holder
05-24-2014, 10:42 AM
We need a good draw. I don't wanna run into a 3 with a great front line pitcher. For us to win a regional I think we need lindgren and holder fresh to face the 1 seed.

Agreed. Real Deal Mitchell needs to throw a complete game vs the 3 seed so we can have Fitts/Lindgren/Holder ready for the 1.

Harrydawg
05-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Now is the time we are built for....let the run begin

I promise that we are the team no national seed wants
to see.........I'm there regional

yjnkdawg
05-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Agreed. Real Deal Mitchell needs to throw a complete game vs the 3 seed so we can have Fitts/Lindgren/Holder ready for the 1.

I agree. I sure wish our starting rotation was such where Ross could still come in from the bullpen, but I just woke up from my dream.

maroonmania
05-24-2014, 04:43 PM
I agree. I sure wish our starting rotation was such where Ross could still come in from the bullpen, but I just woke up from my dream.

The biggest failure in the Cohen era is that we have yet to have a year that I can think of where we actually had 3 good, consistent and reliable starting pitchers for SEC weekends and regional play. We've worked around that with some very good bullpens but if John and Butch had the choice I still think they would prefer to have reliable starting pitchers.

Goat Holder
05-24-2014, 05:30 PM
It's the hole that Woodruff left us, at least the last 2 years. I know he was hurt and all, but we expected big production from him and it hasn't happened.

messageboardsuperhero
05-24-2014, 10:19 PM
It's the hole that Woodruff left us, at least the last 2 years. I know he was hurt and all, but we expected big production from him and it hasn't happened.

Yep. Put a healthy/pitching well Woodruff in the rotation the last two seasons, and we have good rotations- especially this year.

We've counted on him a lot the past couple of years, and he has yet to deliver (granted, much of that isn't his fault).

BeardoMSU
05-24-2014, 10:23 PM

He certainly hasn't lived up to the lofty expectations. It will be interesting to see if he leaves after this year or comes back to improve his stock.