PDA

View Full Version : Assuming we're locked in as a 2 seed

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Would you rather be in the same regional as a top 4 national seed or be in a regional paired up with one? I almost think I would rather be in the same regional as a top 4 national seed. I think a team like that would be easier to eliminate in a regional format vs a super regional. I say that because you have two other teams that may get lucky and give them one of their losses and because once you get into a super their concentration level gets amped up because they know they're one step away from Omaha.

DawgSaint
05-23-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm iffy, but tend to agree with you. However, I'm agreeing because would give up much better shot at hosting Super.

BeardoMSU
05-23-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm iffy, but tend to agree with you. However, I'm agreeing because would give up much better shot at hosting Super.

I'm with ya. I'd rather beat the NS and hope some 2 or 3 seed wins the associated regional, that way we can host.

Pollodawg
05-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Ahhhhh, college baseball. Nobody gives a shit. I kid. Thankfully, we'll be good at football this season.

Pollodawg
05-23-2014, 11:44 PM
I kid. I kid, by the way.

Todd4State
05-24-2014, 12:03 AM
With our situation and us being MSU, I think I would want to go take on the National Seed like you.

Despite the fact that we have struggled at home this year, that is without question an anomaly. I believe we have the biggest home field advantage in the country because of our fans during regional/SR time. I think our home environment was a big reason why we beat Clemson in 2007 despite not exactly having the greatest team in MSU baseball history.

If we take out a national seed, it gives us an easier path to host a Super Regional.

One of the good things about playing in the SEC is every weekend you are playing a team that is comparable to what you are going to face in a SR. Sure, there are varying levels of how good each team, but when you are talking about a national level and compare it to what the other conferences face week in and week out, that is an advantage we have.

Now, if we do win a regional and have to go on the road, I am glad that this team is considered to be a good team on the road. Especially since we don't control our own destiny.