starkvegasdawg
05-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Now trails 8-7 in the 9th.

ClancyDawg
05-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Finally hitting their stride.

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Now two outs in btm 9. Had a runner try to stretch a single to a double and got thrown out.

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2014, 06:17 PM
And that's your ball game. 8-7 is your final.

messageboardsuperhero
05-23-2014, 06:19 PM
That leaves the door open for LSU to potentially steal that last national seed. After this game, LSU will probably have a higher RPI than UM and have the head-to-head advantage by beating them 2/3 in Oxford. I know UM finished higher than LSU in conference, but only by one game...

It all just depends on what the committee is looking for though- you never really know.

BulldogBear
05-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Got to listen to end of that one. Bye Bears.

M.Fillmore
05-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Bear RPI is now 14. Hopefully their National Seed is dead. Is it possible for the Bears could lose their host spot for the first round? While unlikely, we can always hope.

blacklistedbully
05-23-2014, 07:03 PM
They'd be getting shafted if they did. They deserve the host spot.

ScottH
05-23-2014, 07:37 PM
I don't see how they won't host. As difficult as it is to type it, they actually deserve it.

By the same token, can't see them as a national seed now.

Only because I feel like beating a dead horse, , if we win just 5 of the 8 (WCU, HCx2, Mem, Az, USCBx2, JaxvSt) non conf games we lost, we are 42-16 and hostingx.

BeardoMSU
05-23-2014, 08:40 PM
if we win just 5 of the 8 (WCU, HCx2, Mem, Az, USCBx2, JaxvSt) non conf games we lost, we are 42-16 and hostingx.

Yeah, that's pretty frustrating.

messageboardsuperhero
05-23-2014, 09:27 PM
I don't see how they won't host. As difficult as it is to type it, they actually deserve it.

By the same token, can't see them as a national seed now.

Only because I feel like beating a dead horse, , if we win just 5 of the 8 (WCU, HCx2, Mem, Az, USCBx2, JaxvSt) non conf games we lost, we are 42-16 and hostingx.

And five of those eight games were lost by a combined six runs... I'm telling you, the only real difference between our season and UM's is a few runs in some early nonconference games. They won a bunch of them by one run, and we lost a bunch by one run.

Considering this season was a best case scenario in every way for them and a worst case scenario for us personnel wise, that actually makes me laugh a little. I don't normally like comparing us to UM, but this comparison is both funny and frustrating at the same time. It also makes me feel even better about where our program is headed for the future- especially with all the young talent we have now and coming in.

Bulldogbeing
05-24-2014, 12:41 AM
First time poster. Long time reader. I agree our seasons were very comparable. A few more out of conference wins for us and a regional in Starkville is happening next weekend.

Todd4State
05-24-2014, 12:56 AM
That leaves the door open for LSU to potentially steal that last national seed. After this game, LSU will probably have a higher RPI than UM and have the head-to-head advantage by beating them 2/3 in Oxford. I know UM finished higher than LSU in conference, but only by one game...

It all just depends on what the committee is looking for though- you never really know.

LSU played two less games because of weather and because they are LSU and wanted to. Curfew rules- gotta make sure those baseball players aren't late for their sociology class. I guarantee you that will be brought up. If LSU gets a National Seed I would think that would make it a lot more likely that we go to Lafayette- assuming both LSU and ULL are both National Seeds.

Todd4State
05-24-2014, 01:10 AM
And five of those eight games were lost by a combined six runs... I'm telling you, the only real difference between our season and UM's is a few runs in some early nonconference games. They won a bunch of them by one run, and we lost a bunch by one run.

Considering this season was a best case scenario in every way for them and a worst case scenario for us personnel wise, that actually makes me laugh a little. I don't normally like comparing us to UM, but this comparison is both funny and frustrating at the same time. It also makes me feel even better about where our program is headed for the future- especially with all the young talent we have now and coming in.

Here's what is encouraging to me if we're talking about comparing ourselves to Ole Miss- they had two guys go undefeated in SEC play and a ton of juniors and seniors.

We lost a first round pick, a SS that was one of our top hitters in school history, and two pitchers that are tearing it up in the Blue Jays system as well as Pollorena who was a great team leader. We lost a weekend starter during the season and a key relief pitcher in Preston Brown and Will Cox. Brandon Woodruff also had a rough season and didn't step up as anticipated. We had major issues defensively at catcher. We had two seniors in Wes Rea and Alex Detz that had massively disappointing seasons. Other than Collins, we didn't have a freshman pitcher or hitter other than Collins who stepped up and had a major instant impact. Jacob Robson being hurt was a big loss as well- even though people may not realize it. You don't get drafted by the Padres out of high school if you suck. He's also one of if not our fastest player and he would have given us even more of a speed dimension this year.

Next year, the shoe is on the other foot. We should have a lot of experience and seniors next year. We do have some question marks- but probably less than what Ole Miss had coming in to this year.