PDA

View Full Version : Tonight versus Florida...

CadaverDawg
05-23-2014, 10:39 AM
I hate having an unknown starter bc it keeps the discussion limited....but does anybody know if Florida will be starting a lefty or righty? I sure wish it was a lefty, so we could get that USC right hand dominated batting lineup back out there. I feel it's our only chance to out score Florida with one of our non regular starters on the mound.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cody Brown start in place of Armstrong though, even if it's a LHP. Brown makes shit happen a lot like Hendu does.

I don't see us winning tonight, but it would be big. It would wipe out the disappointment of last night, show the team we can beat good teams even without our ace starting, and most of all we wouldn't be limping into the Regional with 2 straight losses. And it would show that this team has a pair and can bounce back from disappointment.

All in all, I have been pleased with our play in the tourney....especially our bats. Everyone should feel much better about our potential at making a little noise

BulldogBear
05-23-2014, 10:47 AM
They may be back to normal rather than midweek starters. I hope it's midweek. We'll have a shot then. Their midweek is not stellar. That's why they have the oh so awesome RPI yet a bunch of losses (particularly some nonconf headscratchers) to that #1 schedule

Goat Holder
05-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I think you have to throw Woodruff and see what he does. Leave him out there 4-5 innings minimum.

Our hitting is what it is. For us to have ANY chance at Omaha or even a Super, our pitching has got to be lights out. Which means it has to improve. I like to point to UCLA but they had TWO stud starting pitchers last year where we have one reliever right now. Rubber Arm wasn't on last night, that has to change. Fitts has to go longer. Laster may be a better option than both of them. But we need one more guy we can count on. Woodruff has to be it or it doesn't get done, at least not this year.

basedog
05-23-2014, 10:59 AM
The key for us winning will be clutch hitting. Pitching will be ok in regional play as will our defense.

Florida didn't play well in mid week games, they may beat us today but for some reason they don't scare me like Lsu, Ole Miss and even SC and Vandy.

MarketingBully01
05-23-2014, 11:07 AM
I hate having an unknown starter bc it keeps the discussion limited....but does anybody know if Florida will be starting a lefty or righty? I sure wish it was a lefty, so we could get that USC right hand dominated batting lineup back out there. I feel it's our only chance to out score Florida with one of our non regular starters on the mound.

Wouldn't mind seeing Cody Brown start in place of Armstrong though, even if it's a LHP. Brown makes shit happen a lot like Hendu does.

I don't see us winning tonight, but it would be big. It would wipe out the disappointment of last night, show the team we can beat good teams even without our ace starting, and most of all we wouldn't be limping into the Regional with 2 straight losses. And it would show that this team has a pair and can bounce back from disappointment.

All in all, I have been pleased with our play in the tourney....especially our bats. Everyone should feel much better about our potential at making a little noise

Is Detz hurt? One of the big head scratchers to me from last night was Vickerson DH'ing over Detz. That didn't make any and will never make any sense to me this year. I just don't get why Vickerson is playing. He should be a pinch hitter at best right now. Detz at least has more power. If they do pitch a righty, please please put Detz at DH batting second. If they pitch a lefty, we may have a shot.

preachermatt83
05-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Ross was not all American un hittable last night but he was not nearly as bad as yal are making him out to be. He still threw pretty well.

Goat Holder
05-23-2014, 11:16 AM
The key for us winning will be clutch hitting.

That's true of any team built on pitching and defense. But without, uh, pitching and defense we can't even claim to be that. Kentucky raked our shit last night.

CadaverDawg
05-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Ross was not all American un hittable last night but he was not nearly as bad as yal are making him out to be. He still threw pretty well.

He was definitely better than Myles and Preston. We should have let Tatum keep pitching

preachermatt83
05-23-2014, 01:02 PM
He was definitely better than Myles and Preston. We should have let Tatum keep pitching

you are exactly right, I wish they would start Tatum tonight. Give these young guys a chance rather than keep throwing out there brown and woody and hoping they somehow "come around"