PDA

View Full Version : So OM goes from unranked to leaping us in PerfectGame's Rankings?

CadaverDawg
05-13-2013, 10:58 AM
We were #14 last week, and OM was unranked...now today we are #21 and they are #20.

Does he realize that we came back and won that last game, and that it was in Oxford? Geez, get off Ole Miss's nuts Kendall. I wouldn't have expected that much movement if they had swept us.

FlabLoser
05-13-2013, 11:03 AM
My favorite sports quote comes from Dontae Jones: "The don't give respect, we take it from 'em".

We can get it done in the W column or STFU.

Jacksondevildog
05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
None of those rankings matter anyway. They have been all across the board all year long. The numbers that we need to look for this week are 3W-1L, RPI and SOS.

Will James
05-13-2013, 12:01 PM
None of those rankings matter anyway. They have been all across the board all year long. The numbers that we need to look for this week are 3W-1L, RPI and SOS.

Right. **** everything else if we take care of SC. I don't care about USA I don't care about Clemson I don't care about Arkansas. If we get it done we're hosting.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
And speaking of Ole Miss, did you guys hear the color guy with Dick Cross talking about their warning track? He was saying how their warning track is the same as their field...so there is no "warning" that the fence is approaching, which is the whole purpose of a warning track of course. I didn't realize that Ole Miss's wasn't dirt until they pointed it out.

Leave it to the bowtie wearing douchebags to paint a warning track on the field where it's only purpose is for looks. How ridiculous.

FFF
05-13-2013, 12:22 PM
And speaking of Ole Miss, did you guys hear the color guy with Dick Cross talking about their warning track? He was saying how their warning track is the same as their field...so there is no "warning" that the fence is approaching, which is the whole purpose of a warning track of course. I didn't realize that Ole Miss's wasn't dirt until they pointed it out.

Leave it to the bowtie wearing douchebags to paint a warning track on the field where it's only purpose is for looks. How ridiculous.

Well... A couple of things...

-their fake warning track only goes around the sides of their field. The outfield warning track is real dirt

-they have artificial turf covering foul territory out to the foul lines, then real grass throughout most of the field (it kills me how much better their field looks over ours... We are a damn ag school)

-the side warning track is actually textured differently than the rest of the artificial turf, so it is effective

-DNF almost has the exact same thing (artificial turf as a warning track) except ours only extends to the end of the grandstands, not the outfield wall

CadaverDawg
05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Well... A couple of things...

-their fake warning track only goes around the sides of their field. The outfield warning track is real dirt

-they have artificial turf covering foul territory out to the foul lines, then real grass throughout most of the field (it kills me how much better their field looks over ours... We are a damn ag school)

-the side warning track is actually textured differently than the rest of the artificial turf, so it is effective

-DNF almost has the exact same thing (artificial turf as a warning track) except ours only extends to the end of the grandstands, not the outfield wall

Oh ok, I misunderstood them then. I thought they had a grass warning track in the outfield too. And yes, you're right about the field. For an AG school, our field looks like hell.

We need a major stadium and field overhaul.