PDA

View Full Version : Today's game

msstate7
05-23-2014, 07:11 AM
I think this game is very important to us today for 2 reasons:

1. We need the rpi boost. I don't wanna be a 2-seed at a national seed unless its ull maybe. I wanna be one of the top 2-seeds not the bottom.

2. 4th starter! Someone needs to step up here. Gotta plan on playing 4 games in the regional. Fitts doesn't go long, so we use lindgren and holder usually. Ross usually goes deep. Laster has been solid, but is somewhat of an unknown. The 4th starter is a mystery. I'd really love to see someone pitch 5+ innings today and give us a shot to win.

CadaverDawg
05-23-2014, 07:29 AM
Who you guys expecting? Woodruff?

msstate7
05-23-2014, 07:33 AM
Who you guys expecting? Woodruff?

Him, sexton, or Tatum. I'd go woodruff

HereComesTheSpiral
05-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Woodruff is who im thinking will start. Unfortunately, pen is thin so this could go downhill in a hurry

CadaverDawg
05-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Woodruff is who im thinking will start. Unfortunately, pen is thin so this could go downhill in a hurry

Yea, on the other hand, if he pitches well it could be a huge postseason boost to our staff.

DawgSaint
05-23-2014, 07:36 AM
I think it will be Woodruff also. However, he sure seems to be better out of the pen for whatever that's worth.

ClancyDawg
05-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Let Woodruff start in RF and Tatum on the mound. Platoon them Tatum vs LHB and Woody vs RHB

msstate7
05-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Let Woodruff start in RF and Tatum on the mound. Platoon them Tatum vs LHB and Woody vs RHB

Never happen, but that would make for an interesting game. Who would hit? The one who closed the inning?

Bucky Dog
05-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Why not start Fitts again? What time is today's game?

HereComesTheSpiral
05-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Yea, on the other hand, if he pitches well it could be a huge postseason boost to our staff.

True, and as thin as our pen has gotten from last night, i doubt we are going to throw everything out there to win this tournament, as in get ready for what really counts next weekend. If im cohen, i tell woodruff youre throwing 100 pitches no matter what. Time to grab your nuts and do something.

CadaverDawg
05-23-2014, 08:33 AM
It will make me feel great about our postseason chances if we win today, but I don't see it. Would take a huge set of Girodo's to bounce back and beat the 1 seed after that draining defeat last night. And kahunas are not something this year's team is exactly known for

The Croom Diaries
05-23-2014, 08:34 AM
They do not seed based on a snake format like basketball.

They pick the national seeds. Then they pick the other 8 hosts, then they select the 2, 3 and 4 seeds and place them in a Regional that fits them geographically. We could be the 18th team in but still end up at the #2 overall seed. There are no high or low 2 seeds, just 2 seeds.

CadaverDawg
05-23-2014, 08:36 AM
True, and as thin as our pen has gotten from last night, i doubt we are going to throw everything out there to win this tournament, as in get ready for what really counts next weekend. If im cohen, i tell woodruff youre throwing 100 pitches no matter what. Time to grab your nuts and do something.

Yea I throw Woody as long as possible, and bring in Hudson if anybody. No Lindgren whatsoever. Our postseason success is dependent on Lindgren's health. I hope we don't see him again til Regional play.

basedog
05-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Should be interesting today, with both O'Sullivan and Cohen going at it today, I bet it will be intense to say the least. I can't stand O'Sullivan, never have never will and I bet Cohen feels the same!

Saltydog
05-23-2014, 09:23 AM
on this if I'm correct.

CadaverDawg
05-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Should be interesting today, with both O'Sullivan and Cohen going at it today, I bet it will be intense to say the least. I can't stand O'Sullivan, never have never will and I bet Cohen feels the same!

Yea, I can't stand that bastard OSullivan

BulldogBear
05-23-2014, 10:41 AM
They do not seed based on a snake format like basketball.

They pick the national seeds. Then they pick the other 8 hosts, then they select the 2, 3 and 4 seeds and place them in a Regional that fits them geographically. We could be the 18th team in but still end up at the #2 overall seed. There are no high or low 2 seeds, just 2 seeds.

That is correct. You see some teams geographically out of place but that is due to splitting up conference members and then sometimes also there is just nowhere else to put the last couple in a seed pool.