PDA

View Full Version : Was khane pass suppose to commit today?

GreenheadDawg
05-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Or am I making that up?

EAVdog
05-22-2014, 07:46 PM
The staff wanted him to bring his Mother to campus before he committed. Still looking very good, we have a great relationship with him.

BeardoMSU
05-22-2014, 07:59 PM
The staff wanted him to bring his Mother to campus before he committed. Still looking very good, we have a great relationship with him.

Definitely a smart move to get Mama on board; that will pay off huge next year when his brother is on the market.

blacklistedbully
05-22-2014, 08:31 PM
I sure wish we could resist the urge to talk about getting Jawon before we get Khane. Khane would be a great get all by himself. I really hope this young man doesn't start to think we're using him to get to his brother.

Let's get Khane, and celebrate it for who we got. If he wants to help us recruit his brother, then let it be on him.

FISHDAWG
05-23-2014, 08:45 AM
someone, a little enlightenment please ?

spiritual_machine2005
05-23-2014, 08:57 AM
someone, a little enlightenment please ?

Khane Pass is a very good safety prospect. I think he is a high 3 star. We want him regardless of his brother. But he does have a brother in the class of 2016 that will be like one of the top 5-10 dual threat qbs in the nation. Supposedly if we sign Khane, we will be in the driver's seat to pick up his brother next year. It obviously draws comparisons to the Nkemdeechee's. But I think our staff has made it clear that Khane is a priority regardless of whether it gets us a better shot at his brother or not.

smootness
05-23-2014, 09:06 AM
Khane Pass is a very good safety prospect. I think he is a high 3 star. We want him regardless of his brother. But he does have a brother in the class of 2016 that will be like one of the top 5-10 dual threat qbs in the nation. Supposedly if we sign Khane, we will be in the driver's seat to pick up his brother next year. It obviously draws comparisons to the Nkemdeechee's. But I think our staff has made it clear that Khane is a priority regardless of whether it gets us a better shot at his brother or not.

Absolutely, Khane is a guy I want in this class regardless.

And I think you sold Jawon a little short. 247 has him as the #15 overall player in the country for next year right now, the #3 overall QB.

engie
05-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Top 5-10 is underselling Jawon. 5* and top 2-3. Consensus top 20 overall player in the country. Basically Jawon is rated slightly higher at this point and looks very, very comparable to Cam Newton coming out of highschool...

Khane Pass - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/607290/highlights/28535374

Jawon Pass - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1942384/highlights/77572375

Khane already has 7 BCS offers in his own right... And we're pretty thin at safety. He's a great player that I was hoping we could lock up this week.

FISHDAWG
05-23-2014, 09:11 AM
thanks ... let's offer his dad a job

smootness
05-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Good grief, that Jawon Pass film is so sick. And those are his sophomore highlights, absolutely ridiculous.

If there's a way to get him, we need to do it. Period.

Rayburn8
05-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Good grief, that Jawon Pass film is so sick. And those are his sophomore highlights, absolutely ridiculous.

If there's a way to get him, we need to do it. Period.

He's not super fast but looks a lot like Tim tebow type except his arm is amazing. Some of those passes are ridiculous.

His brother Khane is a beast, plain and simple beast.

smootness
05-23-2014, 10:28 AM
He's not super fast but looks a lot like Tim tebow type except his arm is amazing. Some of those passes are ridiculous.

His brother Khane is a beast, plain and simple beast.

He doesn't have elite speed, but he looks to be roughly the athlete Cam Newton is at that size, which is impressive. He won't need to outrun everybody on the field; at his size, something in the 4.6s is just fine.

Pollodawg
05-23-2014, 10:34 AM
If we can sign these guys, in two-three seasons, we will be in the picture for a berth in the playoffs.

Pollodawg
05-23-2014, 10:35 AM
And Smoot is right. At his size and sheer athleticism, he doesn't need top end speed. Newton wasn't that particularly fast either.

engie
05-23-2014, 10:46 AM
I think at that size, guys are deceptively fast. They don't look like they are moving very fast because of their length -- but they are still running past/over people...

Pollodawg
05-23-2014, 10:47 AM

Love this. We need moma to be comfortable with us and happy in Maroon and White. Not to mention that Khane is a beast.

Dawghouse
05-23-2014, 10:52 AM
What classification is Carver? His film reminds me of what Steve McNair did to us in little ole 1A but if I recall properly Carver is one of the highest classification schools in GA.

smootness
05-23-2014, 11:16 AM
What classification is Carver? His film reminds me of what Steve McNair did to us in little ole 1A but if I recall properly Carver is one of the highest classification schools in GA.

They were AAA last year, so the competition can be either really good or pretty poor.

But they're reclassifying up two classifications to play AAAAA, the second-highest in the state, for next year. So it will be interesting to see how well they can do, but they should be fine. They have plenty of talent.

Pollodawg
05-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Bump. What's up here?

Dawg61
05-28-2014, 10:34 PM
22 more months

engie
05-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Bump. What's up here?

We wanted he/his mom on campus before he committed. They have a visit set for June sometime...

Pollodawg
05-28-2014, 10:53 PM
We wanted he/his mom on campus before he committed. They have a visit set for June sometime...

I see. I thought that visit had already happened. My apologies.

engie
05-29-2014, 07:24 AM
I see. I thought that visit had already happened. My apologies.

Nah. While I'd prefer to already have Khane in the boat, I think it's in our best long-term interest to go ahead and make sure we win over his mom to the greatest extent possible. Hopefully, he'll visit for our early June camps, and commit then...

For the record, our "camp" circuit runs from June 4 through June 13 -- and I'm hoping for a number of commits during that time period. Then BDC is invitation only in July sometime...

deltadawg99
05-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Very smart to get mama on board before pressuring the kid into committing. Khane is a very good player and he will continue to get offers throughout the process, especially since his brother is a stud in next year's class.

If we could get Khane on board maybe that would with Artimas Samuel's brother Melkhi Brown since they go to the same high school.

jumbo
05-29-2014, 09:03 AM
love the strategy of getting mom on board with a visit...can only help us with Jawon

hacker
05-29-2014, 11:41 AM
22 more months

No. Khane is in 2015 class.

Covercorner2
05-29-2014, 01:40 PM
Something to keep an eye on: It looks like A&M is recruiting both players pretty heavily. With that being said, the #1 dual threat QB in the country just committed to A&M yesterday (Kyler Murray), and they also have the #1 QB from 2014 as a freshman this year (Kyle Allen). Long story short, these developments can't hurt our recruiting of Jawon, and in turn Khane (if they are a package deal)...

Dawg61
05-29-2014, 01:45 PM
No. Khane is in 2015 class.

Wasn't talking about older bro

jumbo
05-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Something to keep an eye on: It looks like A&M is recruiting both players pretty heavily. With that being said, the #1 dual threat QB in the country just committed to A&M yesterday (Kyler Murray), and they also have the #1 QB from 2014 as a freshman this year (Kyle Allen). Long story short, these developments can't hurt our recruiting of Jawon, and in turn Khane (if they are a package deal)...

Auburn is who we need to worry about with Jawon

Covercorner2
05-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Right, but Khane doesnt have an Auburn offer.... hence "if they are a package deal"

jumbo
05-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Right, but Khane doesnt have an Auburn offer.... hence "if they are a package deal"

I'll be honest. I didn't fully read your post, just skimmed it.

smootness
05-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Auburn is who we need to worry about with Jawon

I really like our chances with him. Any time we already lead for somebody like that, from GA with the kind of attention he's already getting, it's a really good sign. They generally don't give us the time of day and if they express interest, it's pretty clearly just throwing our name in there.

If we get Khane, it's going to be really tough for anybody else to get Jawon, especially if Dak has the kind of year we all think he's capable of. Once Mullen proves to everyone that he can do it at Mississippi State and that he didn't just get lucky with the QBs he's coached, it's game on for big-time QB recruits.