PDA

View Full Version : LSU fans debate with Au fan RE MSU over LSU in SEC football standings predictions

blacklistedbully
05-22-2014, 02:50 PM
A snippet from rivals.com:

Re: So who wins the SEC West 2014? Reply

Originally posted by cb20476:

Originally posted by ygrec:

Originally posted by cb20476:

Really think it comes down to the Iron Bowl. And really I think Miss St has a better chance at 3rd place than LSU or Ole miss. I think LSU and Ole Miss lose 3-4 each while Miss St may go 10-2 with losses to Alabama and Auburn.

As good of a laugh as the GIF above.

What has you so "hurt" against LSU:
1. That Flynn-to-Byrd pass vs. Dumberville on the last play of the game?
2. Last year's loss @ Tiger Stadium?
3. The fact that no Malzahn offense has been successful vs. LSU sans Superman at QB?
4. The fact that Les @LSU has spanked Barn like a rented mule, a combined 7Ws/2Ls, 2-2 @ Barn, and by a combined 219-144 (avg. score 24-16)?
5. Oh forgot ... all of the above?

This post was edited on 5/21 4:53 PM by ygrec

I base my predictions off of the teams, weaknesses and strengths and schedules. Not off of games played years ago. It would be silly to make a prediction because I didn't like the fact that the team beat mine before. Fact is I don't see LSU being better than last year when they lost 3 games (and could have lost more). I think when its all said and done LSU will be playing a freshman at QB. I don't think Jennings is going to be successful at QB for LSU and if they hang on to him as the starter it could be more than 3-4 losses.

My disagreements with some of your "LSU analysis" aside, your comment was as much about Miss St as it was about LSU, and Miss St, a team that lost SIX games last year, FIVE IC, including FIFTY-NINE to TWENTY-SIX to LSU @ home. What about State gives you pause to "think Miss St has a better chance at 3rd place than LSU or Ole miss"? I really like Mullen. I just think he just is very very short on talent to be able to WIN, not just stay close with some, but win against most of the West. For anybody to say what you said about Miss St, LSU, and 3rd place this coming season exposes a deep underlying hurt IMO. LSU's defense will be among the best in the West this season. It's OL is 4/5 coming back and deep, so it's running game will be the usual rock pounder. Our QB will have to be just a game manager. Plus LSU has TONS more talent than Miss St at just about every position, and we have better coaches, HC and ACs. There is nothing in that analysis that "naturally" would lead somebody to come to the conclusion that Miss St is gonna do anything that LSU can't this season. I still LOL ...