PDA

View Full Version : Even MORE WOOL fellas!

preachermatt83
05-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Anyone hear Jesse Palmer on Finebaum?

"If you've seen @HailStateFB 's defense in person and stood on the field, it looks like an NFL defense." -Jesse Palmer on @finebaum

maroonmania
05-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Dang when did Jesse Palmer become such an MSU apologist? He's really been showing us the love since the Egg Bowl.

preachermatt83
05-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Collins is turning our defense into something special

starkvegasdawg
05-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Hopefully a Seattle type defense and not a Dallas type defense.

blacklistedbully
05-22-2014, 02:42 PM
And yet we have fans from LSU, Auburn, Bama, etc, etc predicting us to fight Arky for the bottom this year. Same is true of fans from all over the country. Couple of threads on Rivals.com show this. There's one LSU fan, in particular, shitting all over us because one Auburn guy actually picked us to come in 3rd behind Auburn & Bama, just ahead of LSU. LSU fan was highly offended and went on & on about what a moron the Auburn dude was, and how utterly ridiculous it was to think of us as finishing as high as 3rd, or ahead of LSU.

And this Auburn dude is one of those typically arrogant ones who has always short-sold us and talked us down. But he can see the writing on the wall this year, and knows we have a chance to be really, really good this year.

Coach34
05-22-2014, 02:48 PM
They are saying that shit based on history- and for the most part- it's been correct

We just have to get it done this year. No excuses for this team to any worse than 8-4 with a possible 10-2

BrunswickDawg
05-22-2014, 02:49 PM
And yet we have fans from LSU, Auburn, Bama, etc, etc predicting us to fight Arky for the bottom this year. Same is true of fans from all over the country. Couple of threads on Rivals.com show this. There one LSU fan, in particular, shitting all over us because an one Auburn guy actually picked us to come in 3rd behind Auburn & Bama, just ahead of LSU. LSU fan was highly offended and went on & on about what a moron the Auburn dude was, and how utterly ridiculous it was to think of us as finishing as high as 3rd, or ahead of LSU.

And this Auburn dude is one of those typically arrogant ones who has always short-sold us and talked us down. But he can see the writing on the wall this year, and knows we have a chance to be really, really good this year.

GOOD!!! Keep that chip on the shoulder. Turn that disrespect into fuel. I want Collins to go Coach Yoast on someone like Aubbie "All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz... all... night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Bulldogs!!! Leave no doubt!"

Dallas_Dawg
05-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Dang when did Jesse Palmer become such an MSU apologist? He's really been showing us the love since the Egg Bowl.

I'm sure Jesse Palmer hasn't forgotten about 2000 when he was put on his ass in Starkville. Florida then brought in Rex Grossman and then Brock Berlin, and they all got their asses kicked.

smootness
05-22-2014, 02:53 PM

I honestly think it's just a pretty fair assessment after seeing what our defense looked like at the end of the year and then seeing the way our offense clicked once Dak Prescott entered the game, even when injured.

If you have a defense and a QB, you can beat most teams in college football, and we'll have both. Yes, the OL is a bit of a question mark, but it should at least be serviceable, and Dak can make up for some blocking mistakes.

LC Dawg
05-22-2014, 03:02 PM
It means a lot that Palmer is hyping our team. He's played the game and he's seen us play. A lot of the people that talk or write about college football have done neither so their opinion means nothing to me.

DapperDawg
05-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Anyone hear Jesse Palmer on Finebaum?

"If you've seen @HailStateFB 's defense in person and stood on the field, it looks like an NFL defense." -Jesse Palmer on @finebaum

What was Finebaum's response to that?

ShotgunDawg
05-22-2014, 03:07 PM
#recrootinrankings

It's called talent evaluation and player development. Our coaches excel at both. It's a pretty simple formula. Recruiting services factor in speed as one of their main ingrients in star rankings. So, how do you beat the industry? How do you make up for lack of speed?

You recruit athletic players that have LENGTH without regard to what position they play in high school. More length = more ground you can cover and the less speed you need. And there ladies and gentlemen is how you build an elite defense without great recruiting rankings.

Coach34
05-22-2014, 03:08 PM
I honestly think it's just a pretty fair assessment after seeing what our defense looked like at the end of the year .

This is what alot of our rivals and others dont really pay attention to.

We had some newbies on D and also some injuries early in the season that hampered our D the first half of the season. But if you really look at the way our D played SC, Bama, UPig, Ole Missus, and Rice- they were outstanding. Our D was pretty damn good the 2nd half- and we have 22/25 returning- along with Hughes

Political Hack
05-22-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm sure Jesse Palmer hasn't forgotten about 2000 when he was put on his ass in Starkville. Florida then brought in Rex Grossman and then Brock Berlin, and they all got their asses kicked.

possibly the most fun I've ever had with maroon on.

BulldogBear
05-22-2014, 04:41 PM
GOOD!!! Keep that chip on the shoulder. Turn that disrespect into fuel. I want Collins to go Coach Yoast on someone like Aubbie "All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz... all... night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Bulldogs!!! Leave no doubt!"

Just grew 3 inches of wool on my back reading this! Wish it could happen!

Dallas_Dawg
05-22-2014, 05:28 PM
What was Finebaum's response to that?

Finebaum didn't comment at all about Palmer's comments. Palmer said that both MS schools were ones to watch this year. Finebaum then changed the subject to Malzahn and Saban, predictably.
At the end of the interview, Paul said something like, "thanks to Jesse Palmer who sounds like he has spent some time in Mississippi studying depth charts." Said it in a condescending tone. What a ****in douchebag