PDA

View Full Version : Bearsharks Vs Dores game

monroedawg5646
05-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Vandy strikes first. Headed to top of 2.
Dores up 1-zip

monroedawg5646
05-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Rebs and Dores both go 123 in 2nd. To the 3rd.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Beede giving this game away. He's wild as shit

Brahmabull
05-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Is there a place on the net to track or watch?

CadaverDawg
05-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Not sure. It's on Sun Sports

desotodawg
05-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Live Stats
http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/livestats/livestats.asp?sportID=23&pid=3&gameID=114575&visID=106&homeID=110&dev=web&app=[xos:app]&platform=xosdigital

Thick
05-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Score?

desotodawg
05-22-2014, 11:39 AM
2-1 TSUN Bottom of the 6th

godlluB
05-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Their radio announcers are talking about how huge the place is and how far away they are sitting from the home plate and how they've never seen a park that large.

Maybe they should come watch us play at TD Ameritrade sometime.

Thick
05-22-2014, 11:45 AM
2-1 TSUN Bottom of the 6th

Thanks!

preachermatt83
05-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Their radio announcers are talking about how huge the place is and how far away they are sitting from the home plate and how they've never seen a park that large.

Maybe they should come watch us play at TD Ameritrade sometime.

yea, that just goes to show how freaking serious Pirtle smashed that ball last night. He crushed that thing.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Beede sucks. If it wasn't for him walking and hitting people OM wouldn't have scored. He has single handedly won them this game

DudyDawg
05-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Game is on watch Espn/espn3 for me in Houston. Not sure if it's blacked out in Mississippi or not

DudyDawg
05-22-2014, 11:59 AM
I hope you guys just saw that catch by the second baseman in left center. If not watch sports center tonight. Wow

desotodawg
05-22-2014, 11:59 AM
6-1 TSUN top of 7 2 out

Le Big Mac
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Got it on sportsouth

Martianlander
05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Game is on watch Espn/espn3 for me in Houston. Not sure if it's blacked out in Mississippi or not
They are blocking the day games, but not the night games. (So far)

Diggs
05-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Video link to the game.

http://cajunlsu.blogspot.com/

DudyDawg
05-22-2014, 12:05 PM
They are blocking the day games, but not the night games. (So far)

Not sure why they would do that. But if you sign into comcast xfinity (if that's your provider)for example I think you can watch it over Espn3. Not sure about other providers but that's what has worked for me

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 12:07 PM
So if Vandy loses this game, I'm thinking it knocks them out of a host spot.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 12:09 PM
I don't know why you would get a host spot finishing sixth in your conference and add to it that you have been out scored in two games 17-2.

sandwolf
05-22-2014, 12:12 PM
They are ranked 7 in RPI. I would be pretty surprised if a team with a top 10 RPI didn't host.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 12:17 PM
They really need to reconfigure the RPI. Kentucky with a 20? Alabama with a 24? Vandy at 7? It's very much bull shit.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2014, 12:22 PM
David Kellum is an embarrassment. You would have thought that last strikeout put them in Omaha the way he reacted.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 12:27 PM
LOL, good one Cadaver. :)

AlSwearengen
05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
best approach vs. beede? Don't swing.

preachermatt83
05-22-2014, 12:49 PM
if vandy still hosts a regional then it will go to show the committee puts zero weight on conf tourneys

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
if vandy still hosts a regional then it will go to show the committee puts zero weight on conf tourneys

Agreed. Also if they lose this one they will have lost at least 4 of 6 and in the last two games have been out scored 17-3. That is not worthy of a host team.

Bullmutt
05-22-2014, 01:28 PM
It appears that many of the teams who feel like they have regionals locked up are playing with little energy in the SEC tourney

sandwolf
05-22-2014, 01:29 PM

They are still top 10 in the RPI.......if they had gone into the tournament at 15 or 16 and come out at 21 or 22, then that would show that the committee puts zero weight on the conference tournament.

Jack Lambert
05-22-2014, 01:35 PM
David Kellum is an embarrassment. You would have thought that last strikeout put them in Omaha the way he reacted.

Based on their history this is their Omaha.

blacklistedbully
05-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Only 12-8 over last 20 SEC games with 6 of those 12 wins versus the only SEC teams with overall losing records. By contrast, we are 15-5, with 4 of those 15 versus SEC teams with losing records..

RougeDawg
05-22-2014, 01:52 PM

He's horrible and the epitome of that fan base. Driving back from destin 2 weeks ago on Sunday, the radio scan stopped on their game. Thought id listen a minute to see score. Opposing hitter rips one down the left field line for a standup double. After the play Kellum says something along these lines, "man he really got lucky there keeping that ball inside the bag." If that's the case every out the opposing defense makes is also lucky. It's this type of rhetoric from the likes of Yellum and Dick Face that make me hope they lose everything they ever participate in, from football to tiddlywinks. When they do well, it's because they are great, but when they blow beaver balls, the other team got lucky and OM caught all the bad breaks.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 02:18 PM
They are still top 10 in the RPI.......if they had gone into the tournament at 15 or 16 and come out at 21 or 22, then that would show that the committee puts zero weight on the conference tournament.

How the heck do you finish 6th in your league and maintain a top 10 RPI? Vandy's RPI is way way way over inflated and ours is way out of whack the other way. No way Kentucky and Alabama should be above us in RPI. It is very stupid. If they are using the same formula as basketball, they big time need to adjust it. So two losses to Holy Cross and losses to Arizona make that much of a difference? I would think they would want to reward the teams that are playing the best baseball at the end of the year first and foremost and maybe view RPI as a secondary characteristic.

LC Dawg
05-22-2014, 02:26 PM
He's horrible and the epitome of that fan base. Driving back from destin 2 weeks ago on Sunday, the radio scan stopped on their game. Thought id listen a minute to see score. Opposing hitter rips one down the left field line for a standup double. After the play Kellum says something along these lines, "man he really got lucky there keeping that ball inside the bag." If that's the case every out the opposing defense makes is also lucky. It's this type of rhetoric from the likes of Yellum and Dick Face that make me hope they lose everything they ever participate in, from football to tiddlywinks. When they do well, it's because they are great, but when they blow beaver balls, the other team got lucky and OM caught all the bad breaks.

Wait until Head to Head today. Dick Cross will build up Beede into the second coming of Roger Clemens since they beat him and if our game last night even gets brought up he will point out that we were lucky to have caught SC on a night that they couldn't hit.

sandwolf
05-22-2014, 02:29 PM
How the heck do you finish 6th in your league and maintain a top 10 RPI? Vandy's RPI is way way way over inflated and ours is way out of whack the other way. No way Kentucky and Alabama should be above us in RPI. It is very stupid. If they are using the same formula as basketball, they big time need to adjust it. So two losses to Holy Cross and losses to Arizona make that much of a difference? I would think they would want to reward the teams that are playing the best baseball at the end of the year first and foremost and maybe view RPI as a secondary characteristic.

Vandy is 41-18 overall and they played the 4th toughest schedule in the country, so they have a solid resume. And UK and Bama both have a SOS that is ranked in the top 10, so I guess that is what has them so high.

CadaverDawg
05-22-2014, 02:33 PM

It's not a human poll....it's based on wins, home/away, SOS, etc.

Our SOS was not good compared to the others listed....and we lost to some weak teams, AT HOME. We don't deserve to have a higher RPI or to host, and I'm cool with that based on how we're playing on the road. Sure, a host would be great, but if ever a year for it to be ok not to host.... let it be the year where we've won 12 of our last 13 road games

FFF
05-22-2014, 02:51 PM

Ours is not out of whack. I don't think you realize how bad Holy Cross is. We were their only two sub100 RPI wins ALL SEASON. Good teams don't lose to those kind of teams twice at home. JSU and Memphis were also bad home losses. So, no, our RPI is not out of whack. Vandy had no bad losses and some quality wins, including a top 50 RPI OOC sweep earlier this year, so nothing is weighing down their RPI.

Arizona is not hurting us that bad. Bad home losses sandbag you a lot more than bad road losses. A good RPI is a testament to a solid SOS, no bad losses, and a few quality wins (not conference wins or conference standings, especially in the SEC because our league is so good) and vandy had all that.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Ours is not out of whack. I don't think you realize how bad Holy Cross is. We were their only two sub100 RPI wins ALL SEASON. Good teams don't lose to those kind of teams twice at home. JSU and Memphis were also bad home losses. So, no, our RPI is not out of whack. Vandy had no bad losses and some quality wins, including a top 50 RPI OOC sweep earlier this year, so nothing is weighing down their RPI.

Arizona is not hurting us that bad. Bad home losses sandbag you a lot more than bad road losses. A good RPI is a testament to a solid SOS, no bad losses, and a few quality wins (not conference wins or conference standings, especially in the SEC because our league is so good) and vandy had all that.

Responding to wrong post delete...

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Vandy is 41-18 overall and they played the 4th toughest schedule in the country, so they have a solid resume. And UK and Bama both have a SOS that is ranked in the top 10, so I guess that is what has them so high.

And if we sweep through the tournament we will be 40-20 with almost as good a record as them. They will have lost 4-6 and are not playing good baseball right now. I don't think they host but I think we will only get four host spots. You should reward teams that are playing their best baseball at the right time. They have an inflated RPI and are not playing good baseball.

jalakin
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
So you only want to reward the hot teams, not ones who have been successful over a whole season like vandy?

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 05:32 PM
So you only want to reward the hot teams, not ones who have been successful over a whole season like vandy?

They struggled down the stretch. If they had held serve and at least beat Ole Miss today, they would be hard to turn down as a host but going 2-4 down the stretch including a 1-2 performance in the SEC tournament doesn't get it done. Add to it that they were out scored a combined 18-3 in those losses and you really are not wowed at all by that team. USC is another team that just laid a giant turd being outscored 19-2 in two games. They knocked themselves out of a national seed but should host. I am just saying I could see Vandy as the team on the outside looking in if we only get 4 hosts.