PDA

View Full Version : Are the five pitcher we have thrown still available for the remaining games?

Jack Lambert
05-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Just curious.

TheRef
05-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Gentry definitely is. Holder most likely is unless the finger injury is true.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Where is this finger injury coming from?

whosyourdawgy
05-22-2014, 10:02 AM
One of the supposed in the know guys said in the game 1 tread that holder was gonna be out with a finger issue. Yet he was in the bullpen warming up last night. I think whoever it was was mistaken.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-22-2014, 10:14 AM
One of the supposed in the know guys said in the game 1 tread that holder was gonna be out with a finger issue. Yet he was in the bullpen warming up last night. I think whoever it was was mistaken.

It was mentioned in the Laster thread that was revived from February. Is this where they are getting their information from? I havent been able to watch the games so I dont know if he injured it or not.

Saltydog
05-22-2014, 10:15 AM
and neither would Laster or Fitts. Holder and Gentry should be available as well as the rest of the staff. Who starts todays game? Anyone know? Mitchell or Brown?

Goat Holder
05-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Real Deal.

That's not even a question. We are playing for a bye, so we're going with our best.

cbrunt29
05-22-2014, 10:33 AM
and neither would Laster or Fitts. Holder and Gentry should be available as well as the rest of the staff. Who starts todays game? Anyone know? Mitchell or Brown?
I've heard Mitchell.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 10:43 AM

You've gotta be kidding mentioning Brown. We are starting Mitchell.

preachermatt83
05-22-2014, 11:43 AM
im just glad we are not facing reed.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 11:46 AM
Who is Kentucky pitching a righty or lefty? If I am not mistaken, I believe they have two leftys they use. If that's the case, our hitting scoring lineup will be playing. Hope they start a lefty. :)

Coach34
05-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Holder had a finger injury to begin the season. Supposedly he is fine now

SouthMsDawg
05-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Who is Kentucky pitching a righty or lefty? If I am not mistaken, I believe they have two leftys they use. If that's the case, our hitting scoring lineup will be playing. Hope they start a lefty. :)

They are throwing their Sunday guy not sure if he is a lefty or righty. They are like us have already played and won 2 games (Bama and Florida) They used Reed their ace vs Bama and their number 2 guy yesterday vs Fla.

cbrunt29
05-22-2014, 12:46 PM
They're pitching Zach Brown. A righty. 0-1 record, 5.85 era.
Don't know why though. They've got a couple of guys that would make more sense.

SouthMsDawg
05-22-2014, 12:55 PM
They're pitching Zach Brown. A righty. 0-1 record, 5.85 era.
Don't know why though. They've got a couple of guys that would make more sense.

That's very interesting, they must feel they can outscore their opponent. I hope Ross brings his A game tonight, and if not we still have Benny and Woody ready.

slickdawg
05-22-2014, 03:23 PM
What Coach said, Holder had the finger issue early in the year, blew a save, gave up hits, walks, was far from himself. Allegedly he was fine by March, and pitched that way. I don't see any signs of problems now, he's buckling knees and all.

We would be fools to throw anyone but Mitchell today, unless he's unable to pitch or needs another day of rest. Win today, take tomorrow off.

cbrunt29
05-22-2014, 03:25 PM
If we win tonight, who do we pitch Saturday?

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 04:00 PM

Depending on who we play, I would start possibly Brandon Woodruff to see if we can get him going. If we could some how some way have Woodruff in our back pocket, we would be extremely difficult to beat in the regionals and super regionals.

msstate7
05-22-2014, 04:02 PM

I'd guess brown

preachermatt83
05-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Saturday's game will be single elimination so I would not risk starting Brown. I think Lingo will be ready to throw again by Sat. He only threw 50 pitches yesterday. If it were me i'd start woody with a very very short leash and go to Lingo at any sign of trouble with Myles ready to go as well. I look for Bracewell to be the go to guy tonight if Ross gets into trouble. Really really hope he can give us 7 strong and we can throw holder for the 8th and 9th and then have Bracewell, Woody, Lingo, and Myles all for Saturday.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-22-2014, 04:33 PM
I'd guess brown

Fitts then lingo