Esmerelda Villalobos
05-21-2014, 11:22 PM
RPI only up to 27

Sigh

FFF
05-21-2014, 11:25 PM
RPI only up to 27

Sigh

It doesn't matte what we do this week, we will not be hosting. There are 5 teams that are convincingly more deserving than we are. As far as I'm concerned, we are playing better away from Dudy Noble, anyway... let's go win someone else's regional and maybe get a Super.

LC Dawg
05-21-2014, 11:29 PM
The announcers like to point out the team with the highest rpi in Omaha. Let's just be that team.

LiterallyPolice
05-21-2014, 11:33 PM
The announcers like to point out the team with the highest rpi in Omaha. Let's just be that team.

Hell, if we're gonna make Omaha, let's be the team with the lowest RPI. I want us and 7 four seeds.

justwin
05-21-2014, 11:53 PM
excellent post, FFF. We are better on the road.

It doesn't matte what we do this week, we will not be hosting. There are 5 teams that are convincingly more deserving than we are. As far as I'm concerned, we are playing better away from Dudy Noble, anyway... let's go win someone else's regional and maybe get a Super.

BulldogBear
05-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Hell, if we're gonna make Omaha, let's be the team with the lowest RPI. I want us and 7 four seeds.

THIS^

I laughed

curmudgeon
05-22-2014, 08:37 AM
12 of 13 away from Dudy Noble. This team is going to make some regional host shite their pants.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Yeah with Alabama at 24 and Kentucky at 20 both with only 34 wins. Something is wrong with that picture...

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 08:47 AM
So if we beat Kentucky and then say Florida to get to the championship game, would that bump us up to possibly in the teens? If so, that could lead us to hosting and taking one of the hosting spots over say a Vanderbilt as they look at our last 15 games as well.

The Croom Diaries
05-22-2014, 08:49 AM
12 of 13 away from Dudy Noble. This team is going to make some regional host shite their pants.

So long as we actually play the host team - not like two years ago when supposedly Florida State was unlucky drawing us.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 08:52 AM
That was just a terrible draw drawing Samford that year. You had a team built for home runs in a tiny park and we were built for defense and pitching. Go figure, we lost.

hells bells
05-22-2014, 08:59 AM
That was just a terrible draw drawing Samford that year. You had a team built for home runs in a tiny park and we were built for defense and pitching. Go figure, we lost.

Prefer to be a Road Dogger.

messageboardsuperhero
05-22-2014, 09:28 AM
So if we beat Kentucky and then say Florida to get to the championship game, would that bump us up to possibly in the teens? If so, that could lead us to hosting and taking one of the hosting spots over say a Vanderbilt as they look at our last 15 games as well.

Everyone just needs to give up on this hosting talk. We aren't hosting. Period. We got eliminated from that discussion weeks ago.

And it would be very difficult to bring our RPI up much at all. It's too late in the season, and we have too many terrible losses sandbagging us every time we start to make a jump. Hosting isn't happening. Just get over it.

MarketingBully01
05-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Everyone just needs to give up on this hosting talk. We aren't hosting. Period. We got eliminated from that discussion weeks ago.

And it would be very difficult to bring our RPI up much at all. It's too late in the season, and we have too many terrible losses sandbagging us every time we start to make a jump. Hosting isn't happening. Just get over it.

Personally, I'd like for us to win this tournament so we can add to our post season accomplishment list. These are always fun to win. Would be great if we could beat the corn dogs on top of it in the championship game. That would make us a hot team and more then likely give us the confidence to possibly make a super regional. We do have the experience so that might be the biggest key in this stretch run.

starkvegasdawg
05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Personally, I'd like for us to win this tournament so we can add to our post season accomplishment list. These are always fun to win. Would be great if we could beat the corn dogs on top of it in the championship game. That would make us a hot team and more then likely give us the confidence to possibly make a super regional. We do have the experience so that might be the biggest key in this stretch run.

If we played LSU we would have to be sure and do it with class. I would hate to offend the little corn doggies and send them home crying back to the bayous. Just kidding. Send them packing and send them packing mad.

BulldogBear
05-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Yeah with Alabama at 24 and Kentucky at 20 both with only 34 wins. Something is wrong with that picture...

Each year there are some better examples but I more or less agree. I think RPI is a useful stat but it seems like it's a little off. Too much credit for playing a tough schedule and not enough penalty for sucking against it LOL. It's nice they say you have to have a winning record to make post season. That helps. But, basically you could be 30-29 against toughest schedule and get more clout than somebody 40-18 against a decent schedule. ANd maybe you should, but basically I understand what RPI is trying to do but it doesn't take some important things into account. I'm okay with it. It's useful. But I'm not sure we wouldn't do just as well against Florida's schedule W-L wise. We may not beat same teams. I think our pitching, especially mid=week, is better. Florida got a lot of SEC wins and lost to a lot of nonconf, some decent, midweek. Not sure Florida can win in post season, especially CWS. Just my thought.

Jack Lambert
05-22-2014, 09:45 AM

It's not just RPI. Yes it is a big factor and the most important but there are other things like the last 15 games played that is taken into account. The chances of us hosting is slim no doubt but you can't say and I don't know how you can possibly know for sure we don't host.

Political Hack
05-22-2014, 09:55 AM
win the SECT and it could get interesting. Dudy noble being a top 20 RPI and a choice to host is attractive given the amount of fans it turns out. People keep forgetting about the $ part of this. Dollar bills drive decisions. 13,000-15,000 at the dude versus some other venue, likely in TX, seems attractive to me.

Having Texas, TCU, Rice, Houston, FSU, Miami, and Florida all from two states seems like overkill. They'll need an excuse to break those teams up in TX. State hits 40 wins and doesn't lose again, it could get interesting.

smootness
05-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Honestly, I don't care anymore either way. This team seems to be relishing the idea of being away from home right now and are playing lights-out. If we somehow managed to host (I also think this is impossible), then great, we have a great shot to win the regional. And if we don't host, great, we're playing unbelievably well on the road right now and stand a good shot to win the regional.

No one is going to want to see a Fitts/Lindgren combo followed by Ross Mitchell in a regional, with Holder to come in with a late lead.

messageboardsuperhero
05-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Here's the deal- outside of our RPI, the main issue is that there are five SEC teams comfortably ahead of us in the pecking order. Those five teams may get hosts (at least four will), but there's no way they will give the SEC six hosts sites- especially if the sixth team has a borderline resume.

We're actually playing much better baseball away from Dudy Noble, so it's not like going on the road is the end of the world for us.

messageboardsuperhero
05-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Honestly, I don't care anymore either way. This team seems to be relishing the idea of being away from home right now and are playing lights-out. If we somehow managed to host (I also think this is impossible), then great, we have a great shot to win the regional. And if we don't host, great, we're playing unbelievably well on the road right now and stand a good shot to win the regional.

No one is going to want to see a Fitts/Lindgren combo followed by Ross Mitchell in a regional, with Holder to come in with a late lead.

If we can score a few runs, we will be hell to deal with for any one seed- and that's fine with me.