PDA

View Full Version : State Theatre

DistrictDawg92
05-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Noticed a few guys painting the trim around front doors of the State Theatre a few days ago. Is this a new development or routine maintenance? Starkville could really use this for larger shows, the hunt club/ricks are too far away from the central living area of students to be effective. Anyway, anyone in the know have any idea of the future plans of the state theatre?

BeastMan
05-21-2014, 04:20 PM
They announced a while back some sports bar was going in. The name was something Bulldog related and the group was from Ruston and already had one there.

hailmari
05-21-2014, 04:26 PM
I saw that. Hopefully what I saw wasn't the finished result because it was a little sloppy of a paint job. But yeah, the one in Ruston is a bar and grill with pool tables and stuff. I hope they plan to keep the stage and dance floor area open.. Not that I dance but it used to be a major draw five years ago.

esplanade91
05-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Sports bar'sl make er dance.

Martianlander
05-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Went to many a movie in the old State theater when I should have been studying.

coastratdog
05-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Saw the first Star Wars and Indiana Jones there.

SignalToNoise
05-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Saw the first Star Wars and Indiana Jones there.

That's pretty cool.

If any SixPack historians have photos of the interior or exterior please post them. I've always thought that building was pretty cool.

ETA: Ha, forgot which board I was reading. Had them both open in separate tabs. Make that EliteHistorians.