PDA

View Full Version : Can't be said enough. I. HATE. AUBURN.

Lloyd Christmas
05-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Please Mullen beat these bastards (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=12893176)

Pollodawg
05-21-2014, 02:02 PM
While I despise Auburn with the hatred of a thousand hot, white suns, a lot of teams see us like that. Hell, UK fans expect to beat us every year, and they have only beaten us once in the last seven.

Lloyd Christmas
05-21-2014, 02:07 PM
While I despise Auburn with the hatred of a thousand hot, white suns, a lot of teams see us like that. Hell, UK fans expect to beat us every year, and they have only beaten us once in the last seven.

They act like they skull ****ed us last year. "Our offense hadn't found its identity yet". Uh that shit works both ways Barner.

TheRef
05-21-2014, 02:07 PM
I love their delusion.

"Dak Prescott is coming back next year but I don't know who else is coming back that's good."

Oh...you know...only the best returning LB in the SEC. A stout RB core, possibly the best front-7 in the SEC this year just to name a few.

Covercorner2
05-21-2014, 02:11 PM
That's exactly how their fans were two years ago. State was about a 6 point underdog..... 28-10

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Did I miss something? What sparked this thread?

EAT - NM, Just realized the OP was a link. Yep, this is standard fare for them. In our best years, they might consider us a "cute little upstart" that could maybe beat OM, UK, etc, but not a powerhouse like AU. And yes, they excuse the close wins to "early season" BS where only AU has the potential to up-their-game as the season progresses.

hailmari
05-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Auburn fans are the only people I've ever seen come to Starkville and try to start fights. OM fans are pompous, LSU fans are wild, and AU fans are just dicks. That's their stereotype.

Goat Holder
05-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Until we start beating people, this will continue.

Lloyd Christmas
05-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Auburn fans are the only people I've ever seen come to Starkville and try to start fights. OM fans are pompous, LSU fans are wild, and AU fans are just dicks. That's their stereotype.

It's funny you say that because that's been my experience as well. I really hate them more than Ole Miss depending on the time of year.

Lloyd Christmas
05-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Until we start beating people, this will continue.

Agreed. This is the year Mullen needs to start turning "almosts" and "moral vicotries" into actual WINS.

spudd21
05-21-2014, 02:35 PM
**** auburn

bulldawg28
05-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Agreed. This is the year Mullen needs to start turning "almosts" and "moral vicotries" into actual WINS.

It's amazing that fans have a better understanding of how to build a winning program rather than the coach. MSU has sucked in football for almost a century. We finally get a coach headed in the right direction and timeliness are placed. where was the timeline 100 years ago?

Jack Lambert
05-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Just think how their feelings are going to be hurt if State does beat them.

TheRef
05-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Just think how their feelings are going to be hurt if State does beat them.

IT WAS THOSE DAMN COWBELLS!!!! /runs to SEC offices and complains

Lloyd Christmas
05-21-2014, 02:43 PM
It's amazing that fans have a better understanding of how to build a winning program rather than the coach. MSU has sucked in football for almost a century. We finally get a coach headed in the right direction and timeliness are placed. where was the timeline 100 years ago?

I don't know what you are talking about...I didn't say anything timeline related. Having said that - it's year six. If Mullen can't get at least one "marquee" win this year with the roster we have coming back I'll be worried. I have faith in Mullen to elevate us this year, though.

War Machine Dawg
05-21-2014, 02:48 PM
I love their delusion.

"Dak Prescott is coming back next year but I don't know who else is coming back that's good."

Oh...you know...only the best returning LB in the SEC. A stout RB core, possibly the best front-7 in the SEC this year just to name a few.

And maybe the most underrated pair of WRs in the conference.

Goat Holder
05-21-2014, 02:49 PM
delete

Goat Holder
05-21-2014, 02:50 PM

I would typically agree with you but this is HIS program now with HIS players as redshirt seniors. Beating a good team at home isn't too much to ask with this roster. I'm not big on expectations, but we all know we've got a pretty good team. We ought to be able to handle the 4 OOC games, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Arkansas at minimum. That's 7 wins. While I'm sure a few of those wins will be over decent teams, that will feel much like 2012 when we knew we hadn't really beaten anybody. Which is fine, I'll take 7-5 with a bowl all day long and be content. But for fans as a whole to believe Mullen can any more than he's already done, we need to clip Texas A&M/Auburn at home this year and if not, we need to beat the Bears at their place. I don't expect us to beat Bammer or LSU at their places.

bulldawg28
05-21-2014, 03:02 PM
I would typically agree with you but this is HIS program now with HIS players as redshirt seniors. Beating a good team at home isn't too much to ask with this roster. I'm not big on expectations, but we all know we've got a pretty good team. We ought to be able to handle the 4 OOC games, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Arkansas at minimum. That's 7 wins. While I'm sure a few of those wins will be over decent teams, that will feel much like 2012 when we knew we hadn't really beaten anybody. Which is fine, I'll take 7-5 with a bowl all day long and be content. But for fans as a whole to believe Mullen can any more than he's already done, we need to clip Texas A&M/Auburn at home this year and if not, we need to beat the Bears at their place. I don't expect us to beat Bammer or LSU at their places.

7 wins will happen easily with this team. 8 -9 wins is expected, 10 is doable

MarketingBully01
05-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Please Mullen beat these bastards (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=12893176)

When I saw this was linked to their Scout message board, it didn't surprise me with their comments. Those are the most arrogant of their fans on message boards as they come. With 90% Auburn assholes and a sprinkling (10%) of actual objective Auburn fans. I'd love for Nick Marshall to throw it on our secondary. It would go away from their strength and they would lose. If he throws it the majority of the time, we win. We only allowed them 24 points at their place and Marshall threw on us last year. This year we will move the ball much better then last. I believe the game we had with them last year was Dak's first career road start. My guess is Dak will be much improved when they play us in Starkville this time around.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Barring key injuries, if we win only 7 with this team, relative to the status of other teams in our league, Mullen should be fired, and all efforts made to go after Hudspeth. There is simply no way in hell this squad, if healthy, should win less than 9 games. If Mullen can't legitimately compete for the SEC this season, I don't think he ever will. While I don't expect us to do it with the consistency of an LSU or a Bama, I do expect us to at least compete for SEC West titles once-in-a-while.

We have nice facilities, and though we don't have near the money the big boys do, we do now have enough to get the job done. In the past, their money advantage made it damn near impossible for us to compete. But the money is so much now, that we've all reached a "baseline" that makes it enough for us to be competitive with facilities, coaching, outreach, etc. Their money advantage now is just gross excess, not a thing that keeps us from competing, IMO.

MarketingBully01
05-21-2014, 03:35 PM
I agree Blacklisted. We have pretty much every favorable thing you can think of on our side, schedule, experience, a Tebow clone at QB that has weapons at his disposable and an equally talented defense that will keep us in every game. We play LSU the fourth game in with almost their entire offense (QB, RBs, WR) being new and Alabama breaking in a new QB as well.

Really if you look at it objectively and not in a negative poor ole MSU way, there are no sure losses on that schedule. To me the only possible sure loss would be at Alabama but not having AJ back there might hurt them more then they realize. I have a good feeling we will beat LSU for the first time since 1999. The steak has got to end some time. Why not now when they basically replace their entire offense.

Bullmutt
05-21-2014, 04:35 PM
IT WAS THOSE DAMN COWBELLS!!!! /runs to SEC offices and complains

For those who may not remember, it was Auburn (Shug Jordan) who started the push to ban our bells to begin with, so it would be in keeping with tradition for them to bring it up.

Political Hack
05-21-2014, 05:08 PM
there's an easy way to shut them up.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 05:12 PM
there's an easy way to shut them up.

Beating them 28-10 didn't shut them up. Like Ole Miss, they will focus on all-time wins until the day we actually catch up, which is extremely unlikely, unless they finally some day reap what they sow with their cheating.

Maybe if we beat them 4 outta 5 like we did the Bears, they'd be a bit more humble.

BulldogBear
05-21-2014, 05:55 PM
It's 'cause they had a bad year at 3-9. It's funny how fanbases like Ole Miss and Auburn only want to count games when they have a good team, everybody healthy, got all the recruits they wanted, all players played to full potential, and whatever other excuse you can think of to make it not really mean anything that you have more points on the board at the buzzer. If we could ignore all the games we lost when we had crappy teams we'd be the winningest school in the SEC***

BulldogBear
05-21-2014, 05:58 PM
After the Beardouchesharks, Auburn is the team I dislike most in SEC. Part of that is Jordan, yes, I admit that. While I "ring responsibly" 99% of the time, I do think when opponents complain I just want to say, "It sucks to play on the road doesn't it. We all have to do it... S.T.F.U."

Imagine what that board is gonna be like on October 12. Gonna sound like nafoom last black friday!!

Political Hack
05-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Beating them 28-10 didn't shut them up. Like Ole Miss, they will focus on all-time wins until the day we actually catch up, which is extremely unlikely, unless they finally some day reap what they sow with their cheating.

Maybe if we beat them 4 outta 5 like we did the Bears, they'd be a bit more humble.

I count Kentucky as a win. they play us close a lot, but never beat us. I see it being the same type of
mentality with Auburn vs us. If we beat them 2 out of 3, they'll pipe down.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 07:18 PM
I count Kentucky as a win. they play us close a lot, but never beat us. I see it being the same type of

Would you believe there are UK fans that think they are a better football program than us and should expect to beat us every year because they own the all-time record versus us? Never mind the fact we've won 7 of the last 10, and 10 of the last 15.

TheRef
05-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Would you believe there are UK fans that think they are a better football program than us and should exoect to beat us every year because they own the all-time record versus us?

/spits out coffee

/refills coffee mug

/spits out more coffee

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 07:23 PM
/spits out coffee

/refills coffee mug

/spits out more coffee

It's true. I used to get into it a lot on Rivals.com with this dude who went by the moniker, "UKGRAD2004". He finally gave up the ghost in 2012 after we had won 4-in-a-row. But he never admitted we were better, he just stopped posting. But he'd always fall back on the, "We're better as long as we own a winning record in the series" BS that OM uses.

RougeDawg
05-21-2014, 07:39 PM
I can't wait to pound those ****s into next week.

BeardoMSU
05-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Would you believe there are UK fans that think they are a better football program than us and should expect to beat us every year because they own the all-time record versus us? Never mind the fact we've won 7 of the last 10, and 10 of the last 15.

We lead 21-20 in that series. We took the lead this year, lol.

BeardoMSU
05-21-2014, 07:51 PM
At to think we were 4 games back when Dan took the job....jeesh....we've sucked for a long time.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 07:53 PM
We lead 21-20 in that series. We took the lead this year, lol.

Think you've got that backwards. On-the-field, that's true, but with the 1976 forfeit, they have a 21-20 advantage. In any case, it pisses me off that we're not way ahead of them all-time in football already.

BeardoMSU
05-21-2014, 08:02 PM
Think you've got that backwards. On-the-field, that's true, but with the 1976 forfeit, they have a 21-20 advantage. In any case, it pisses me off that we're not way ahead of them all-time in football already.

That's what Wiki said. I assume they took the forfeited games into account, but I could be wrong.

BulldogBear
05-21-2014, 08:34 PM
That's what Wiki said. I assume they took the forfeited games into account, but I could be wrong.

It was 20-20 with the forfeit. It was 21-19 on field lead by MSU. That's why making it 21-20 last year was medium sized deal because it meant they couldn't use the forfeit anymore to give wrong impression.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-21-2014, 08:59 PM

They didn't during the years 1997-2000. I was there at Pubic-Hare Stadium in 2001. Barners only have short-term memory.

Pollodawg
05-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah. If I am not mistaken, we own the record outright now despite the forfeits even. And I also had a UK fan try and tell me that their football program was better than ours. He cited beating number one LSU in 2007. I cited the fact that that didn't stop them from being 4-20 over the last two seasons and 1-6 verses us over the last seven. He never came up with a satisfactory comeback after that.

Bothrops
05-21-2014, 10:54 PM
We went 5-5 against Auburn in the 90's, but they don't know it. Auburn fans are incapable of being humble, they've had too many good things happen to them, so they have a natural superiority complex. Aside from their luck, they know how to win big games. So we need to be going into that wknd coming off a win to beat them.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 11:38 PM
College Football Data Warehouse has it 21-20 in favor of UK with the forfeit. Without the forfeit, it would be 21-20 MSU, as the forfeitt moves from the L column to the W column.
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/mississippi_state/opponents_records.php?teamid=1628

FISHDAWG
05-22-2014, 08:49 AM

that's been the problem ... we have always measured our coaches against our past performance instead of against our opposition's performance

chainedup_Dawg
05-22-2014, 09:25 AM
I say we just archive that link and when we knock Marshall's dick in the dirt this year, we flood that thread

LC Dawg
05-22-2014, 09:58 AM
My first experience with Auburn fans was in 1990 when they came to Starkville ranked #2. David Fair (I think) scored to get us within one and they blocked the extra point and get the win. Afterwards a lot of their idiot fans were trying to start shit in the parking lot. They remind me of the rednecks who can't stand not being in high school anymore so they just keep going to parties and bars and start fights. I pity Auburn fans more than I hate them. I just can't seem to bump anyone ahead of Ole Miss and Bama fans as far as my hatred goes.