PDA

View Full Version : Your wish list for which regional we go to...

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Obviously, we can't know what teams will be in it, and can only assume the host, but based on that info, which ones would you prefer and why? Feel free to list multiple, preferably in descending order.

Goat Holder
05-21-2014, 11:51 AM
I don't want to go to any ballpark where balls carry and lots of HRs are traditionally hit. I think we can beat anybody at places like the Hoover Met and TD Ameritrade. Pitching is good and our outfielders are fast.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 12:03 PM
I would think the obvious would be big ball-parks. Which ones are big, and which ones have hosts that would more likely be favorable opponents for us?

ClancyDawg
05-21-2014, 12:07 PM
ULL then Miami then Tallahassee if those 3 are the options

Dallas_Dawg
05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Is TCU still a possibility? I would like to go there for obvious reasons

LC Dawg
05-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Starkville (I know, but its still my preference)
Oxford (This obviously won't happen but how sweet would it be to win that regional)
ULL (Not a bad drive for me plus good food and good beer)
Louisville (May have to work in the area that week)
Either Texas regional (I'm not that impressed with either team)
Tallahassee (I'd love for us to hit a game winning homer off Jameis Winston and have our fans shower the field with crab legs)

MsStateBaseball
05-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Oklahoma State or Coral Gables. Teams that don't know us..

Drugdog
05-21-2014, 01:26 PM
ULL or Tcu.

curmudgeon
05-21-2014, 01:34 PM
LSU locked themselves into a regional host today. ULL #2 seed is open. That is the best option, although it will probably be matched up with LSU in a Super Regional.

Could get lucky and get ULL matched up with Houston or Rice as well, and it would be a dream scenario.

preachermatt83
05-21-2014, 01:43 PM
we wouldn't stand a chance in ULL unless someone else knocks them off. they are my pick to win the whole thing

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 02:13 PM
we wouldn't stand a chance in ULL unless someone else knocks them off. they are my pick to win the whole thing

Why?

preachermatt83
05-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Because they are going to score runs. No matter who they play they will score runs. We can't. The team that will beat them will be the team that can score with them.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Because they are going to score runs. No matter who they play they will score runs. We can't. The team that will beat them will be the team that can score with them.

Have you looked at their schedule? The pitchers in their league give up runs and home runs like a street-whore gives out BJ's. There is NO pitching in their league. They have not seen the kind of pitching they will see from us. Compared to the pitching we've faced in the SEC, our guys bats may surprise us when they face Sunbelt pitching.

preachermatt83
05-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Have you looked at their schedule? The pitchers in their league give up runs and home runs like a street-whore gives out BJ's. There is NO pitching in their league. They have not seen the kind of pitching they will see from us. Compared to the pitching we've faced in the SEC, our guys bats may surprise us when they face Sunbelt pitching.

I hope you are right, but Jxnville st and Holy Cross pitching was very subpar and we couldn't score on them.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 03:04 PM
I hope you are right, but Jxnville st and Holy Cross pitching was very subpar and we couldn't score on them.

While that is true, we have plenty of instances where we have managed to find ways to score, even against quality pitchers. I'm not sure they have. I'd like a chance to play them, and like that their field is as big as ours.

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
We want to play in the TCU regional. Great town, an enormous ballpark that no one can hit the ball out of, and TCU is a very bad offensive team with automatic outs scattered throughout the lineup. They do have the best pitching staff in the country, but, if we only have to score one or two runs to win, then I'll take my chances.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 03:30 PM
We want to play in the TCU regional. Great town, an enormous ballpark that no one can hit the ball out of, and TCU is a very bad offensive team with automatic outs scattered throughout the lineup. They do have the best pitching staff in the country, but, if we only have to score one or two runs to win, then I'll take my chances.

I hear ya. We can be equal-opportunity anemic at hitting, whether it be against good pitching or bad. If we're gonna fight to scrape together 2 or 3 runs a game, it'd be better to do it versus a team that is the same, and we know we can put some quality pitching out there.

ScottH
05-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Only from a where would I like to ravel to standpoint. Nothing to do with ballpark size and winnability.
1. Oregon State
2. Indiana
3. Texas

Where I don't want to go:
1. Virginia
2. FSU
3. Miami

Where I think we end up:
1. La La
2. Rice
3. TCU

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Ain't gonna happen, but don't you think Oregon State would love to get another crack at us, seeing as how we crushed their dreams in Omaha last year?

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm telling you. We want to go to TCU

Saltydog
05-21-2014, 06:35 PM
nt