PDA

View Full Version : Would LSU hosting send us to ULL?

Jacksondevildog
05-21-2014, 11:21 AM
I would rather play in Lafayette than Tallahassee. We match up better and more of our fans could travel.

The Croom Diaries
05-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Who knows, but I think we'll go to an ACC school. ULALA's stadium holds 3,700. It would seem like it would make more sense to bring in someone like Alabama as the 2 there because it's not going to take much to fill it up, then send us to Florida State. I could see Miami or Rice/Houston as a likely destination too. But who knows, just hopefully we aren't shipped out west...but sending a top 30 team that was 18-12 in the SEC out west would be a real crap move.

MsStateBaseball
05-21-2014, 11:29 AM
I would like to go to Oklahoma State. I like playing teams we never played before. Or let's go back to Coral Gables.

The Croom Diaries
05-21-2014, 11:32 AM
I would like to go to Oklahoma State. I like playing teams we never played before. Or let's go back to Coral Gables.

We didn't play Oklahoma State in 1987 when they won our Regional?

Maybe we can go there and return the favor by mooning their fans.

curmudgeon
05-21-2014, 01:37 PM
I guarantee you the NCAA will not say "We have to send MSU to a stadium that is bigger because they will have fans."

I was at a regional where we were a 1 seed in Columbus, Ohio one time.

I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO FLORIDA STATE (small park) or MIAMI (red hot team).

Send me to Virginia before those two. They have a big park and we already know how to win there.

The Croom Diaries
05-21-2014, 01:52 PM
I guarantee you the NCAA will not say "We have to send MSU to a stadium that is bigger because they will have fans."

I didn't say they would. I said that would make sense to me. I don't see the point in trying to keep teams close to home if the host school can't accommodate the increase in fans. If I were making the selections I would take that into consideration, but I am not making the selections.