PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the bracket

starkvegasdawg
05-21-2014, 11:06 AM
For those of you that wanted to play the top teams to try and crank up the RPI to get into a hosting conversation...you got your wish. A deep run would probably see us play USCe and UF...once of them probably twice, and then either TSUN or LSU. We somehow manage to run that gauntlet at 3-1 then I would think our RPI would be up in the teens somewhere.

Now I still don't think we host even if we win the SECT but a win or deep run would certainly give us a potential argument.

Lloyd Christmas
05-21-2014, 11:10 AM
For those of you that wanted to play the top teams to try and crank up the RPI to get into a hosting conversation...you got your wish. A deep run would probably see us play USCe and UF...once of them probably twice, and then either TSUN or LSU. We somehow manage to run that gauntlet at 3-1 then I would think our RPI would be up in the teens somewhere.

Now I still don't think we host even if we win the SECT but a win or deep run would certainly give us a potential argument.

If we won the tourney and didn't host that would suck.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 11:10 AM

I'm guessing we'd also need a whole bunch of teams ahead of us to fall flat on their faces to make that big a move. Keep in mind, these games are considered "neutral-site" games, so don't carry the multiplier a road-win would.

smootness
05-21-2014, 11:14 AM
If we won the tourney and didn't host that would suck.

We likely won't, regardless of how the SECT plays out.

MSUMatt
05-21-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm guessing we'd also need a whole bunch of teams ahead of us to fall flat on their faces to make that big a move. Keep in mind, these games are considered "neutral-site" games, so don't carry the multiplier a road-win would.

you then match up Ross vs Florida which probably gives us our best chance at winning. Then your really cooking with hot grease.

LC Dawg
05-21-2014, 11:49 AM
you then match up Ross vs Florida which probably gives us our best chance at winning. Then your really cooking with hot grease.

Kentucky could screw this up. Florida hasn't been playing that great lately and Kentucky took 2 out of 3 from them this year.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 12:24 PM
UK is that team you hate to see on your schedule. They seem like they're either really hot or really cold. If hot, they can ruin your day in a hurry. But because they go cold so often, they're not ranked high enough to make wins against them as good as they should be if you beat them when they are hot.

Jack Lambert
05-21-2014, 12:59 PM

It's not just RPI.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 01:07 PM
It's not just RPI.

Not "just", but a lot of it is RPI. While we may not need to be Top 16 in RPI. we need to be much closer than we are at 29. If there are a bunch or teams with higher rankings and higher RPI's, we're not going to just leap-frog them by winning the aforementioned games. We'd need them to lose, and not just a couple, but a slew of them, IMO.

DawgPoundRock
05-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Will the game be televised tonight