PDA

View Full Version : Who decides on what uniforms we wear during games?

deltadawg99
05-21-2014, 09:23 AM
We seem to wear alternate uniforms just as much as we wear our normal gameday uniforms in baseball and the vast majority of the time it makes us look like a JV team.

Is it Adidas, Cohen, Larry Templeton Jr. I mean Stricklin?

HereComesTheSpiral
05-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Going to say a mix of all 3. Adidas is trying to look cutting edge, Stricklin like the advertisement it brings, and Cohen will not turn down all the free equipment. When it comes to Stricklin and Cohen, I think they are taking the dont bite the hand that feeds you approach.

DudyDawg
05-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Someone with a drinking problem

smootness
05-21-2014, 10:05 AM
I didn't watch the game last night so I'm not sure, but if the picture I saw of Woodruff wearing the white shirt with the crooked MS logo and 'Hail State' on the front is what everyone wore for that game, that is an embarrassment.

I'm usually ok with a lot of the 'cutting edge' jerseys, and I like our football uniforms, etc...but those were absolutely embarrassing. They reminded me of the 'futuristic' jerseys MLB teams wore in the late 90s that were hideous and complete joke.

I hope I never see those again.

Goat Holder
05-21-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm usually ok with a lot of the 'cutting edge' jerseys, and I like our football uniforms, etc...

I'm OK with it too in football, a sport in which we have no real tradition to speak of. May as well do whatever necessary to generate attention. But in baseball, we have tradition, we don't need to do shit like this. One of the big reasons I was on Cohen's bandwagon early on is because he wanted to restore tradition.

These uniforms are shitastic and I don't know why any MSU baseball fan would be OK with it. But per twitter, the athletic department (or whoever is behind 'MSU Baseball') thinks they are awesome and we're going to wear even weirder ones tonight. I don't get it. Maybe they just enjoy f*cking with the fanbase.

Gen. Grant
05-21-2014, 10:21 AM
They looked like some cheap shirts that you would pick up at a gas station. I song see what the problem is with wearing the really cool and traditional uniforms that we have.

BulldogBear
05-21-2014, 10:22 AM
We seem to wear alternate uniforms just as much as we wear our normal gameday uniforms in baseball and the vast majority of the time it makes us look like a T-BALL team.

Fixed that for you

Drugdog
05-21-2014, 10:23 AM
I hate them as well. But I wonder IF we are trying to be the Oregon of baseball. Crazy Unis, a lot of talk and publicity. Kids like stuff we don't. Think about it how much Pub Orehon gets about their Unis, and now so does Baylor. Possibly this is what we are doing. Just a thought. But they did suck.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Yep, they looked like "clearance rack" t-shirts at one of those places that sells printed t-shirts. You know, not the ones with the quality stitched-on or embossed look, but the ones that look like somebody took a cheap iron-on transfer and put it on at home with the home iron.

notsofarawaydawg
05-21-2014, 10:44 AM
This is the same shit that my daughter's classmates talked in middle school about their friends and what they wore to school. You grown men need to get a ****ing life.

DanDority
05-21-2014, 10:49 AM
I hate them as well. But I wonder IF we are trying to be the Oregon of baseball. Crazy Unis, a lot of talk and publicity. Kids like stuff we don't. Think about it how much Pub Orehon gets about their Unis, and now so does Baylor. Possibly this is what we are doing. Just a thought. But they did suck.

Yeah...what have those two teams ever won?

War Machine Dawg
05-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Whoever approves the shitastic unis Adidas sends us should be fired. There is literally no reason we should ever wear any jerseys in baseball other than our pinstripes, maroon late 80s/early 90s replica, and road grey. No Asstros, no t-ball "Hail State," none of that bullshit. Adidas can suck a dick with the rest of them.

Drugdog
05-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Yeah...what have those two teams ever won?

Seriously. You may want to check out Oregon and Baylors schedules the last few years. Try a Heisman. Clueless.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Whoever approves the shitastic unis Adidas sends us should be fired. There is literally no reason we should ever wear any jerseys in baseball other than our pinstripes, maroon late 80s/early 90s replica, and road grey. No Asstros, no t-ball "Hail State," none of that bullshit. Adidas can suck a dick with the rest of them.

While I mostly agree with you here, I must admit I did like the cream-colored ones we rolled out for a game this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the front of the dark-grays we caught a glimpse of on that vimeo.

cujo
05-21-2014, 11:08 AM

nm

DanDority
05-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Seriously. You may want to check out Oregon and Baylors schedules the last few years. Try a Heisman. Clueless.

Once again I ask you what have THOSE TEAMS EVAR ONE?

DanDority
05-21-2014, 11:18 AM

Could not agree more!!!!!!

Bullmutt
05-21-2014, 11:18 AM
nm

What exactly did he say?

ScoobaDawg
05-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Pretty certain John wasn't even wearing the uniform last night.. He had that windbreaker on and up high enough you could only see a tad of maroon up top but that Uniform was a big FU to our tradition of MSU Baseball.

Some of the players didnt like them either. Hell you you could see in Laster's interview when he was asked about them a ugh what do i say politically correct here look...
Year of the horrible SHIRTS, the astros throwback, the mothers day disaster and now ... Hail State on a Baseball uniform. F*CK THAT.

RougeDawg
05-21-2014, 12:01 PM
We seem to wear alternate uniforms just as much as we wear our normal gameday uniforms in baseball and the vast majority of the time it makes us look like a JV team.

I'm assuming its one of the 3rd graders that helped draw it out on construction paper.

War Machine Dawg
05-21-2014, 12:14 PM
While I mostly agree with you here, I must admit I did like the cream-colored ones we rolled out for a game this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the front of the dark-grays we caught a glimpse of on that vimeo.

I'll give you the cream colored uniforms. I actually really liked those, too. But we should burn the white hats. Maroon hats only.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 12:34 PM
I'll give you the cream colored uniforms. I actually really liked those, too. But we should burn the white hats. Maroon hats only.

Agreed. Didn't care for the cream hats. Might have been good, on that uni, to sport a somewhat different hat, perhaps with some extra cream in it to go with maroon, but not mostly cream.

smootness
05-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Pretty certain John wasn't even wearing the uniform last night.. He had that windbreaker on and up high enough you could only see a tad of maroon up top but that Uniform was a big FU to our tradition of MSU Baseball.

Some of the players didnt like them either. Hell you you could see in Laster's interview when he was asked about them a ugh what do i say politically correct here look...
Year of the horrible SHIRTS, the astros throwback, the mothers day disaster and now ... Hail State on a Baseball uniform. F*CK THAT.

Being Adidas' primary baseball school is good in a lot of ways, but this is one way it isn't. Every time they think up a new uniform idea, they're going to use us to try it out. And so far, a lot of them have not been good at all. Give me the throwback cream all day. If we wear the ones we wore yesterday ever again, Cohen should murder someone.