PDA

View Full Version : Regional chances

msstate7
05-21-2014, 07:44 AM
I know it's a long shot, but we probably need to pull for Florida tonight. If we beat Usce and Florida, our rpi should go up considerably

MetEdDawg
05-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Am I correct in seeing us sitting at 28 in RPI right now? I looked at Warren Nolan but I'm not sure what everyone else uses.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2014, 07:48 AM
I know it's a long shot, but we probably need to pull for Florida tonight. If we beat Usce and Florida, our rpi should go up considerably

No doubt. Root for Florida, Arkansas, Vandy, and us of course. If we lose today, I hope OM loses and LSU wins (So LSU will host and we can possibly go to ULL)

smootness
05-21-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure anything we do in this tournament matters at this point from here on out. I can't see any way we host, and we're not getting a 3.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure anything we do in this tournament matters at this point from here on out. I can't see any way we host, and we're not getting a 3.

I agree, but if anybody has hope, they need to hope LSU loses and we keep playing and beating the best teams. But I think you're right...we're pretty locked as a 2 seed. Where, is the question

chainedup_Dawg
05-21-2014, 08:27 AM
I agree, but if anybody has hope, they need to hope LSU loses and we keep playing and beating the best teams. But I think you're right...we're pretty locked as a 2 seed. Where, is the question

Completely agree with all of this. As of right now, I think we are playing to get the best draw possible.

BulldogBear
05-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Agree with Cadaver. To have ANY host chance at this point LSU needs to tank and the teams with highest RPIs keep winning till they lose to us. I wonder though if we MIGHT still end up a 3 if we tanked from here and somebody like Arkansas won the tournament with precisely same format...beating the highest RPIs

CadaverDawg
05-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Agree with Cadaver. To have ANY host chance at this point LSU needs to tank and the teams with highest RPIs keep winning till they lose to us. I wonder though if we MIGHT still end up a 3 if we tanked from here and somebody like Arkansas won the tournament with precisely same format...beating the highest RPIs

Arkansas might work themselves up to a 2, but I doubt it would be at our expense...I just don't see us falling regardless at this point...but I may be wrong.