PDA

View Full Version : What we Learned- Ole Miss sucks.

Todd4State
05-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Ok, we KNOW that already.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/?p=5685

M.Fillmore
05-13-2013, 09:13 AM
A dancing bear with a broom in front of our dugout?! Is there no testosterone remaining in Oxford?

Jacksondevildog
05-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Great article, Todd.

This just shows that the rebels have no idea about baseball. There are some things that you do and do not do with the game of baseball.

bgdog
05-13-2013, 09:26 AM
So will a guy that knows more than me about baseball tell me why Tanner Mathis isn't beaned every time he gets near the plate.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
So will a guy that knows more than me about baseball tell me why Tanner Mathis isn't beaned every time he gets near the plate.

He is most definitely King of the Baseball Douches. No doubt. It was a thing of beauty when Lindgren struck him out after he stepped out of the box. Bianco teaches them to do that shit to throw a pitcher's timing off...and he wants them to do it right after the pitcher starts his motion and has decided on his pitch. Mathis does it all the time, and it finally cost him.

And then seeing Mike "Little Man Syndrome" Bianco come waddling out there with his arms bowed out at his hips like he's some type of muscle man after that, just made it more comical. Does Bianco realize how stupid he looks when he walks? He faces his palms behind him and struts like he is some type of physical specimen...it is embarrassing to watch.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Ok, we KNOW that already.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/?p=5685

FYI...

For those that didn't get to see the comeback yesterday, it is being re-aired today on espn3.com all day on demand. Scroll to about the 2:55 mark if you want to get to the 6th inning.

Ronny
05-13-2013, 12:44 PM
..is it pretty much unacceptable in the game of baseball to get swept in a doubleheader.

I realize we did it to Alabama, which is also a reflection on Alabama melting down.

When you look at all the MLB & college doubleheaders that have been played over the years, typically, it evens out to a 1-1 split.

That's why it is unusual for a team in a regional loser's bracket to play through the loser's bracket & win the regional...in the game of baseball, it is just damn hard to win 2 games on the same day against the same opponent.

Anyway, that's the thing that really pisses me off about the OM series...we got swept in a doubleheader against those pricks.

engie
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
That's why it is unusual for a team in a regional loser's bracket to play through the loser's bracket & win the regional...in the game of baseball, it is just damn hard to win 2 games on the same day against the same opponent.

It's not really rare at all. In 5 of 16 regionals last year, a team that lost either their first or second game came back to win the whole thing. You don't play the same opponent twice in the same day in regionals any more either unless it is rain-affected in some way. If it gets prolonged to a winner-take-all final game, that one is played on Monday -- since the team in the loser's bracket will have already played a double header on Sunday against two different teams...

Ronny
05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
It's not really rare at all. In 5 of 16 regionals last year, a team that lost either their first or second game came back to win the whole thing. You don't play the same opponent twice in the same day in regionals any more either unless it is rain-affected in some way. If it gets prolonged to a winner-take-all final game, that one is played on Monday -- since the team in the loser's bracket will have already played a double header on Sunday against two different teams...

..I'm terrible at math, but doesn't 5 out of 16 = approx. 31%?

If MSU drops into the losers bracket in a regional, & they have a 31% chance of digging their way out of that hole, that is supposed to make me feel good ...how?

Plus, I realize teams don't always play the same team more than once on the same day in regionals. But sometimes they do.

engie
05-13-2013, 02:53 PM
..I'm terrible at math, but doesn't 5 out of 16 = approx. 31%?

If MSU drops into the losers bracket in a regional, & they have a 31% chance of digging their way out of that hole, that is supposed to make me feel good ...how?

Plus, I realize teams don't always play the same team more than once on the same day in regionals. But sometimes they do.

1/3 of the time /=/ "unusual" -- that's was my only point. 1/3 of the time is pretty damn common.

Regional hosts only won 10 of 16 last year(62.5%). However, 7 of 8 national seeds won their regionals. So, only 3 of 8 other regional hosts won their own regional(37.5%). Does that 37.5% chance of success suddenly make you feel alot better? Probably not huh?

And no, teams never, ever play each other twice in the same day in regionals anymore unless it's rain-affected -- and it's been done that way for a couple of years now by extending the final game into Monday.