PDA

View Full Version : I know baseball is all about timing of hits but its still quite a stat that....

maroonmania
05-12-2013, 10:48 PM
in the last 2 games of the series OM scored 16 RUNS ON 16 HITS while we scored 15 RUNS ON 28 HITS. And add to that we had 3 extra base hits in those 2 games while OM had 2. Pretty good efficiency where you are averaging a run scored for every hit you get.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 10:57 PM
in the last 2 games of the series OM scored 16 RUNS ON 16 HITS while we scored 15 RUNS ON 28 HITS. And add to that we had 3 extra base hits in those 2 games while OM had 2. Pretty good efficiency where you are averaging a run scored for every hit you get.

Our defense helped them achieve that efficiency

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 11:02 PM

That is an incredible stat. What it tells me is, had we not gift wrapped a bunch of unearned runs, we win 2 of 3 this weekend. But, it also tells me that we hit the ball pretty well the last two games. I am really hoping that today will give us that spark we need heading into the last week of regular season and into post season play. We needed some clutch hits to start falling and we got them today...a Bunch of em too.

Another thing of note...Hunter Renfroe didn't play much, if any, of a role in the comeback today. That tells me we had guys that aren't used to having to step up with big hits, step up. Hunter will get his in the postseason, he's just got to quit pressing and be more selective. Teams aren't throwing him many strikes, so instead of being patient and either walking or getting the count in his favor, he is trying to reach out and hit balls that are out of the zone just so he can hit. He needs to take what they give him. He can be just as effective by getting on base with walks, as he can by reaching out and poking a single through the infield on a ball out of the strike zone.

It was great to see Ammo, Henderson, Frazier, CT, Wes, and Frost all getting hits in clutch spots. Should help the whole team be more loose in RISP situations going forward.

swdawg
05-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Our pitchers helped a good bit too...walks bunched together, hit batsmen, etc.

Our defense helped them achieve that efficiency

msstate7
05-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Our pitchers helped a good bit too...walks bunched together, hit batsmen, etc.

Yes they did. We've got to clean up our game if we wanna host and advance in postseason