PDA

View Full Version : 5 hours later & I'm still in shock we pulled that off today. One side note....

State82
05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
it was so nice that Richard Cross had the pleasure of calling that game today for CSS. You know, as pititful as the overall performance was for the weekend, after Bracewell got the final out, it felt almost like we had won the series after what had transpired during the final 5 innings. Even the other announcer said that for UM, it was like they had LOST the series. If we were only going to get 1 during the weekend, it sure was sweet to get it in that fashion. Not saying it will, but this is the kind of win that could propel us to bigger things in the upcoming weeks. But it has to start Tue night. Also, Fullerton, who was one spot in front of us in the rpi, lost today to UC Riverside (150 rpi). That's about the only game of interest that helps us but right now we need everything we can get our hands on. I'm just stoked that we have lived to fight another day when it comes to our host possibilities. It may take a sweep against SC, not sure, but we HAVE to win Tue against ORU regardless. As long as we take care of business in that game, I suppose the possibility remains that just winning the series next weekend could suffice. Whatever, another bullet dodged today.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 09:46 PM
it was so nice that Richard Cross had the pleasure of calling that game today for CSS. You know, as pititful as the overall performance was for the weekend, after Bracewell got the final out, it felt almost like we had won the series after what had transpired during the final 5 innings. Even the other announcer said that for UM, it was like they had LOST the series. If we were only going to get 1 during the weekend, it sure was sweet to get it in that fashion. Not saying it will, but this is the kind of win that could propel us to bigger things in the upcoming weeks. But it has to start Tue night. Also, Fullerton, who was one spot in front of us in the rpi, lost today to UC Riverside (150 rpi). That's about the only game of interest that helps us but right now we need everything we can get our hands on. I'm just stoked that we have lived to fight another day when it comes to our host possibilities. It may take a sweep against SC, not sure, but we HAVE to win Tue against ORU regardless. As long as we take care of business in that game, I suppose the possibility remains that just winning the series next weekend could suffice. Whatever, another bullet dodged today.

+1

(Reputation points if it would let me)

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Honestly, they needed to sweep us to have any faint chance of hosting. We did what we needed to do at a minimum to keep our hopes in line. Essentially by winning one game, we held serve. We are still at 10. They are still at 20 in RPI. Now they have to go on the road against USM which won't be easy- and losing to them would just about be a death nail. And then they get to play LSU. So, this series was more important for them from an RPI standpoint. On top of that, any time you blow a six run lead and your ace starts- it's crushing.

I like where we sit for now. We have to beat Oral Roberts first. Duh. Then we have South Carolina who is 10-6 on the road coming to Starkville. They are RPI 11. It's going to be senior weekend for us- I bet we get good outings from Pollo and Graveman. Their best wins are at Clemson (1 game series), and 2 at LSU (won one game in part because of a very controversial balk call against LSU). The rest of their wins are against people like Mizzou (2 of 3), Tennessee (swept), The Citadel, and College of Charleston. They also lost two neutral site games- one to Clemson and one to Gardner-Webb.

Drewbowski
05-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Bravo! Good post.

Coach34
05-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Had no idea about Cross- that's awesome