PDA

View Full Version : McCready say: "Bo Wallace...

CadaverDawg
05-20-2014, 09:33 AM
played all last season handicapped". Says Bo could make huge strides this year now that he's healthy. Said they couldnt use Bo in red zone like they wanted bc they couldn't let him get hit.

Thoughts?

Didn't they say he was back to 100% last year at some point?

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Id agree he was hurt. Him healthy is a benefit to us. When healthy and throwing the ball down field, he threw almost 20 interceptions. When hurt and captain bubble screen was born, he threw less than half that.

Tell him to toss it up. He doesnt have a moncrief to catch every toss up ball be throws. I realize he has arguably the best wr in the sec but he is a different receiver than donte.

RougeDawg
05-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Have we not realized that excuses are the reason for everything that goes wrong for them? This year when he throws 25 picks, the excuse will be his arm was too strong and he wasnt used to it, resulting in a bunch of overthrows that were picked off. The other team was just lucky to be there playing CF to pick them off. And so forth and so on....... Same story, different year.

RIdog
05-20-2014, 09:43 AM
McReady is the only of their whole bunch that seems to have any sense of reality ......

mic
05-20-2014, 09:44 AM
This is getting so tired..
He had a better year last year than he did his Soph year..
Reality is that he isn't nearly as good they hope, think, wish, or know he is.....

Goat Holder
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
McReady is the only of their whole bunch that seems to have any sense of reality ......

He may be the best, but he's far from realistic. He's got that douchey superiority complex too. He really believes they never should lose to us.

Goat Holder
05-20-2014, 09:57 AM
You guys need to give this up. Bo Wallace is a serviceable QB for them, without him they do not go 6-6 in 2012, they don't get their recruits, they don't go 7-5 last year, etc. etc. The guy absolutely lit us up in 2012, you'd think that would earn him a little respect. He's tough and doesn't get along with Freeze too well, that alone would maybe endear him a little to State fans. He's not your typical Ole Miss guy, he only went there because they were the ones with a starting spot open.

I'm personally ready for him to graduate. As long as he's there they have someone who can effectively distribute the ball as well as a pretty good runner.

ETA: MSU/Ole Miss fans get WAAAYYY too down after an Egg Bowl loss and WAAAYYY too cocky after an Egg Bowl win.

jumbo
05-20-2014, 10:03 AM
played all last season handicapped". Says Bo could make huge strides this year now that he's healthy. Said they couldnt use Bo in red zone like they wanted bc they couldn't let him get hit.

Thoughts?

hasn't this been every offseason with him?

huffy
05-20-2014, 10:10 AM
this is the only evidence I could find in a short search of a 100% Bo claim for 2013:

Link (http://makeitrainsports.com/football/news-and-notes-central-mississippi-olemiss-club-meeting-rebel-reunion/)

M.Fillmore
05-20-2014, 10:40 AM
He may be the best, but he's far from realistic. He's got that douchey superiority complex too. He really believes they never should lose to us.

If McReady is the best they have to offer, then that is sad because McReady is awful. He definitely has a superiority complex, based on what I'll never know.

thunderclap
05-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Bo for Heisman

deltadawg99
05-20-2014, 11:03 AM
He may not have been healthy, but they still ran him a lot last year.

codeDawg
05-20-2014, 11:03 AM

Thoughts?

Yes, he was hurt last season and it was a problem. Yes, he should be better to start this season. On a team with SEC quality depth, his talent would be dangerous.

He also is built like a high school freshman and should be back in the same shape as last year by mid-season if he does what he does best and runs the football. The OL situation isn't going to help him stay healthy either. Expect the screen / slant game to continue. He is going to have to do whatever he can to get rid of the ball quickly.

Their team is going to be good, not great, because of their defense this year. That defense is real. The offense just has to make some plays with the few pieces they have. If Wallace goes down, they are toast. If the Tunsil goes down, they are toast. Not much room for error there.

EAVdog
05-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Because Bo will surely never get again this year. I mean once a shoulder heals it will never get hurt again. Especially if you run up the middle on SEC defenses.

Plus they have a very seasoned and deep OL that will make sure he never gets sacked. They should be real strong at Right Tackle with Golson.... oh yeah sorry.

Dude will be hurt by mid-season. They better hope Kincaide can play meaningful minutes starting in game 1.

jumbo
05-20-2014, 11:07 AM
this is the only evidence I could find in a short search of a 100% Bo claim for 2013:

Link (http://makeitrainsports.com/football/news-and-notes-central-mississippi-olemiss-club-meeting-rebel-reunion/)

so this is the quote from that link

"He stated that Bo wallace is 100% and will be ready for the season, he still has some soreness and is working on strength"

so he is 100% but still has soreness and is not full strength. that doesn't sound like 100% to me

Tbonewannabe
05-20-2014, 11:09 AM
You guys need to give this up. Bo Wallace is a serviceable QB for them, without him they do not go 6-6 in 2012, they don't get their recruits, they don't go 7-5 last year, etc. etc. The guy absolutely lit us up in 2012, you'd think that would earn him a little respect. He's tough and doesn't get along with Freeze too well, that alone would maybe endear him a little to State fans. He's not your typical Ole Miss guy, he only went there because they were the ones with a starting spot open.

I'm personally ready for him to graduate. As long as he's there they have someone who can effectively distribute the ball as well as a pretty good runner.

ETA: MSU/Ole Miss fans get WAAAYYY too down after an Egg Bowl loss and WAAAYYY too cocky after an Egg Bowl win.

If you watch the Denzel video, Bo is the douchebag yelling things to MSU fans. He gets no respect from me. Also Dak did as much in one quarter as Bo did the entire Eggbowl.

RougeDawg
05-20-2014, 11:11 AM

No we don't. Wtf are you talking about? We beat their best with our 3rd string QB for 50 minutes and Dak the rest while holding their offense to 3 total points. That type of performance is enough for State fans to see we have a full cupboard that's ready to compete for the SEC and west. And that OM is thin in the most important positions, and an injury or two away from a 4-5 win season. These two things aren't difficult for our fan bases to see.

Now the national pundits think one recruiting class (that has had high attrition already) is going to propel OM onto the national scene. Any common sense thinking individual sees otherwise.

On the flip side we have one of the best, if not the best defenses and depth returning in the entire conference. Throw in returning every contributing offensive player except an undersized RB and NFL lineman, and we also have one of the best offenses returning in the conference. Combine those two and you see reason for people being excited about us.

jumbo
05-20-2014, 11:12 AM
obligatory pic

paco
05-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Bo has pretty hair. That should count for something.

blacklistedbully
05-20-2014, 11:33 AM

I've watched every game we've played that douche. The only time he torched us was when Chris Wilson was DC and had a full year to turn our SEC defense into a typical B12 defense. Knowing who we had on our roster and how they were misused, I put that squarely on Wilson.

getatmedawg
05-20-2014, 11:52 AM

Thoughts?

I do know this. McReady was on Bo Bounds and basically said that Bo didn't start throwing until almost August of last year. He didn't go through spring and summer workouts and had a dead arm by the midpoint of the season. He couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield. The other thing that hurt Bo was their tight end going down (name escapes me). They used him almost exclusively in the red zone last year. He was more like a receiver than a tight end.

This will be a no excuses year for them. Bo has had the benefits of workouts and has one of the best WR in football coming back. If he reverts back to sophomore numbers it will be all on him.

RougeDawg
05-20-2014, 12:08 PM
And let's all be honest with ourselves about Wallace and his 2012 stats. With no Moncrief he doesn't have those stats and has 6-12 more INTs. Just in their game against ark alone I remember moncrief going up above defenders to snag a few very high passes out of the air. We all saw this against us and our deep zone cover 0 Wilson defense against them in EB. We even had a chance at 3 first half picks against them, but dropped them all.

No moncrief on those and numerous other passes throughout the season equals, fewer yards, more picks and more killed drives, equalling less yards. Goldie Locks would just heave the ball downfield and moncrief would go get the ball. Shit I could throw for 2500 yards if I had a WR who could do that as well as moncrief and I haven't played QB snide high school. I don't see Paidwell being this same type of receiver.

smootness
05-20-2014, 12:13 PM

Why are you ready for him to graduate? Yes, he's serviceable, but that's nothing to get worked up over. Do you think they can't do better than Bo Wallace?

rbdog82
05-20-2014, 01:10 PM
McCready also said that the momentum changed for us when Tunsil went down. I wouldn't say they dominated us with big LT at LT.

smootness
05-20-2014, 01:21 PM
McCready also said that the momentum changed for us when Tunsil went down. I wouldn't say they dominated us with big LT at LT.

When did he leave that game? There was no point in that game in which their offense was moving the ball at all. Our defense dominated them from the jump.

And they never had any momentum, so the only thing that changed the entire game is when Dak entered. Once he came in, we were the much better team. Before Dak, it was an even matchup between two offenses who couldn't do much. Once Dak came in, the game was over.

Schultzy
05-20-2014, 01:51 PM
I do know this. McReady was on Bo Bounds and basically said that Bo didn't start throwing until almost August of last year. He didn't go through spring and summer workouts and had a dead arm by the midpoint of the season. He couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield. The other thing that hurt Bo was their tight end going down (name escapes me). They used him almost exclusively in the red zone last year. He was more like a receiver than a tight end.

This will be a no excuses year for them. Bo has had the benefits of workouts and has one of the best WR in football coming back. If he reverts back to sophomore numbers it will be all on him.

Somebody on this board forwarded a rumor last August that the ole miss people were worried because it was getting close to the season and Bo could barely throw it thirty yards.

Bafoom was killing ED over there over this supposedly stupid rumor and now they say it was common knowledge? They'll say whatever serves their interest at the time no matter what reality is.

The only time Wallace hurt us was when our defense was so bad under Wilson that we couldn't stop anybody. Those days are long gone.

Pollodawg
05-20-2014, 02:00 PM
The Tunsil going down argument is way over blown for them. Even when he was in the game, their offense did dick......

And as far as Bo being healthy, I had numerous OM fans assure me before the start of last season that Bo was back to "100%" and better than he had ever been before. I guess we'll see.

engie
05-20-2014, 02:01 PM

Yep -- it's all about losing that freshman and replacing him with the 5th yr SR with about 20 starts under his belt -- who started and played the whole game at LT for them in 2012 in the Egg Bowl. THAT is what took them off rhythm**

Pollodawg
05-20-2014, 02:11 PM
They absolutely cannot take the fact that, once again, MSU bukkaked all over that face. And no, I have zero sympathy for Bo. Almost everybody I have ever heard of that had anything to do with Bo has said that the only thing 100% about the guy was the fact that he was a douche backwash.

I once had a hardcore OM fan--who has met and been around a lot of their roster--that Bo was a moron.

Saltydog
05-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Bowl.

Jack Lambert
05-20-2014, 03:48 PM

no team had momentum until Dak came in and then it was all over at that point.

BossDawg
05-20-2014, 04:14 PM
He definitely has a superiority complex, based on what I'll never know.

THREE nashunuhl champeeyonchips!!!11!!!1!!1

BossDawg
05-20-2014, 04:19 PM
I remember moncrief going up above defenders to snag a few very high passes out of the air.

Moncrief definitely helped Bo. Had he not been a freak that could snag a rocket out of the air, many passes to him weren't even in the same time zone it seemed and never would've been caught by your average receiver.

BossDawg
05-20-2014, 04:30 PM
That defense is real.

Was their defense good last year? I honestly don't remember. I'm just curious as to how some people are coming to this conclusion about OM's defense. Is it expected to be really that good?

smootness
05-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Was their defense good last year? I honestly don't remember. I'm just curious as to how some people are coming to this conclusion about OM's defense. Is it expected to be really that good?

It was pretty good last year. And most of their talent is over there.

Their D line is going to be good - CJ Johnson, Nkemdiche, Fadol Brown, Gross. Their LBs will be ok - Bryant is a good one. And their secondary has the chance to be good as well, though I think their CBs are suspect. Prewitt and Conner at safety is pretty salty, though.

RougeDawg
05-20-2014, 05:22 PM

Their D line is going to be good - CJ Johnson, Nkemdiche, Fadol Brown, Gross. Their LBs will be ok - Bryant is a good one. And their secondary has the chance to be good as well, though I think their CBs are suspect. Prewitt and Conner at safety is pretty salty, though.

I don't recall them being stellar. Ranked 7-10 in all major defensive categories last year doesn't exactly scream great to me.

Plus CJ Johnson has spent more time on his free Byar's Furniture than the field while at OM. I don't expect a full season out of him and I fully expect their fast paced 3 and outs this year to wear the defense down.

getatmedawg
05-20-2014, 05:37 PM

Their best defensive player this fall not named Antonio Conner will be Anthony Alford. Their linebackers are small but fairly fast. If they can get pressure with their front 4 they could be a handful. I would imagine that most good o lines will be able to handle them.

mic
05-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Their best defensive player this fall not named Antonio Conner will be Anthony Alford. Their linebackers are small but fairly fast. If they can get pressure with their front 4 they could be a handful. I would imagine that most good o lines will be able to handle them.

What makes you think Alford will be good.?? Besides taking the word of all the Bear homers.??

bulldawg28
05-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Ole Miss sucked last year and will suck again this year. They still have no team chemistry with their players as arrogant as their fans.

BulldogBear
05-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Bo for Heisman

Is there another candidate?***

LiterallyPolice
05-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Their best defensive player this fall not named Antonio Conner will be Anthony Alford

To add to this - their best defensive player this fall that IS named Antonio Conner will be Antonio Conner.

Coach34
05-21-2014, 07:39 AM
Ole Miss is going to be a solid football team

Can they beat Bammer? No
Can they beat Auburn in Oxford? Maybe
Can they beat State in Oxford? Maybe
Can they win at UPig, LSU, and A&M? Maybe

The thing is- they arent going to win all 5 out of Auburn, State, LSU, UPig, and A&M...so they are looking at 9-3 probably best case. Lineman injuries will cause this number to go down.

They will be solid on D and have a good offense unless they have alot of injuries upfront. I think they are an 8-9 win team at best

smootness
05-21-2014, 08:06 AM
I don't recall them being stellar. Ranked 7-10 in all major defensive categories last year doesn't exactly scream great to me.

Plus CJ Johnson has spent more time on his free Byar's Furniture than the field while at OM. I don't expect a full season out of him and I fully expect their fast paced 3 and outs this year to wear the defense down.

I didn't say they were stellar, I said they were pretty good. And they return most of their defense and definitely most of their talent over there. It's not unreasonable to think they're going to have a good defense. You could also make the case that they're a little undersized and may struggle with big, physical teams. But we'll just have to let that play out.

I would love nothing more than for them to be terrible. But us pretending that we know they're going to be terrible before the season doesn't do us any good. I think their floor is 5-6 wins and their ceiling is about 10 (I don't think they hit either one, likely somewhere around 7 or 8 wins). Where they fall inside that range, though, we'll just have to wait and see.

Sam&DeansDawg
05-21-2014, 08:30 AM

Didn't Bryant have the most tackels on the team last year besides Prewit? I'd say Bryant will be better than Alford. All honestly IF CJ Jonson stays healthy then he will be tough on the outside.

Goat Holder
05-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Why are you ready for him to graduate? Yes, he's serviceable, but that's nothing to get worked up over. Do you think they can't do better than Bo Wallace?

They are more likely to do worse than they are better. He doesn't suck.

Homedawg
05-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Yep -- it's all about losing that freshman and replacing him with the 5th yr SR with about 20 starts under his belt -- who started and played the whole game at LT for them in 2012 in the Egg Bowl. THAT is what took them off rhythm**

Ha. Good stuff. It's whatever makes there agenda go that particular day!

RougeDawg
05-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Ole Miss is going to be a solid football team

Can they beat Bammer? No
Can they beat Auburn in Oxford? Maybe
Can they beat State in Oxford? Maybe
Can they win at UPig, LSU, and A&M? Maybe

The thing is- they arent going to win all 5 out of Auburn, State, LSU, UPig, and A&M...so they are looking at 9-3 probably best case. Lineman injuries will cause this number to go down.

They will be solid on D and have a good offense unless they have alot of injuries upfront. I think they are an 8-9 win team at best

You are leaving out one key component that was displayed the last 2 regular season games for OM. GT did this well but didn't have enough offense to give their Defense a break.

The blueprint to stop Buckys offense was shown in games 11 & 12, and it had been something I was screaming all year to do. Send blitz pressure more times than not, and take away the flats with CB's on line of scrimmage and safety help over top. Blitzing Bo forces quick throws, and that offense's quick check downs are always in the flats. Pretty simple and Mizzou did the same thing we did against them.

blacklistedbully
05-21-2014, 12:27 PM
You are leaving out one key component that was displayed the last 2 regular season games for OM. GT did this well but didn't have enough offense to give their Defense a break.

The blueprint to stop Buckys offense was shown in games 11 & 12, and it had been something I was screaming all year to do. Send blitz pressure more times than not, and take away the flats with CB's on line of scrimmage and safety help over top. Blitzing Bo forces quick throws, and that offense's quick check downs are always in the flats. Pretty simple and Mizzou did the same thing we did against them.

This all day! I could not believe more teams didn't do this.

smootness
05-21-2014, 12:47 PM
They are more likely to do worse than they are better. He doesn't suck.

We just disagree then. I don't think he sucks...I think he is a serviceable QB; nothing more, nothing less. They could do worse, but they could definitely do better.

If he ends up this year as a top 4 QB in the SEC, then the SEC had a really bad year.