PDA

View Full Version : Fansided 2014 SEC QB Power Rankings

TheRef
05-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Break out ze shears

http://fansided.com/2014/05/19/sec-football-2014-quarterback-power-rankings/

BulldogBear
05-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Kinda gettin' cool in here. Let me wrap myself in this wool blanket.

smootness
05-19-2014, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't expect any reputable source to rank him anywhere below #4, and most should have him in the top 3. And the only reason you would put him behind Bo Wallace is because of his lack of experience relative to Wallace.

Dak is the real deal and could quite easily become the most important player in the history of our program.

It's also kind of crazy to see that the guys who could end up as starting QBs at Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee all gave us a serious look during the recruiting process. Add in Stephen Rivers, and while it means nothing, it's pretty impressive considering our QB history. And Dobbs, Rivers, and Mason were all considered State leans at one point.

DawgSaint
05-19-2014, 03:35 PM
I think the rankings are right on target. It's just hard to believe we have one of the Top QB's in the SEC, but we do! If you want to look at it a different way. What other QB in the league would you trade Dak for?

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I was in st paul minn a few weeks ago with a msu shirt on. A guy asked me if I knew much about Dak Prescott. He said he has been reading and seeing things about him on espn.

I was floored. That said, I hate having all this hype.

BrunswickDawg
05-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't expect any reputable source to rank him anywhere below #4, and most should have him in the top 3. And the only reason you would put him behind Bo Wallace is because of his lack of experience relative to Wallace.

Dak is the real deal and could quite easily become the most important player in the history of our program.

It's also kind of crazy to see that the guys who could end up as starting QBs at Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee all gave us a serious look during the recruiting process. Add in Stephen Rivers, and while it means nothing, it's pretty impressive considering our QB history. And Dobbs, Rivers, and Mason were all considered State leans at one point.

Anthony Jennings at LSU had us pretty high on his list too - I think we were final 3??

BulldogBear
05-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Dak #2, Bo #3

esplanade91
05-19-2014, 03:41 PM
I don't know where he fits into the grand scheme of things but I'm pretty high on Mauk. And I think Marshall is getting the Rex-Grossman-taking-the-Bears-to-the-Super-Bowl treatment. I think Marshall is good, but I don't think he's the best. I just think he was on a good team last year and no one has the balls to say he isn't the best QB in the SEC following a national title appearance.

Not quite saying "Dak is better!"... I just don't think Marshall is all that great. I think he just does a good job of not screwing things up.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Ha, I love that "his potential is limitless because there's no ceiling to his potential".

Good read, loving this pub

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2014, 05:25 PM
What is Marshall on list if 1. He doesn't complete a pass to himself against us 2. Throw a tipped ball TD against UGA 3. or have his teammate return a field goal against Bama?

BiscuitEater
05-19-2014, 05:42 PM
That said, I hate having all this hype.

props. Would MUCH rather have the #2/3 rated QB in the SEC as the #13/14. Mullen's job is to keep them 'gounded' in reality.

preachermatt83
05-19-2014, 09:06 PM
http://cdn3.volusion.com/mo3as.krp2t/v/vspfiles/photos/OS1023CL00-2.jpg

Political Hack
05-19-2014, 09:46 PM
having LSU and Mason that low are dumb. I think Mason is #3 right now.

Maroons
05-19-2014, 10:23 PM
having LSU and Mason that low are dumb. I think Mason is #3 right now.

Did you watch their bowl game? He is an average QB that has a TON of weapons on O.