PDA

View Full Version : May be old news but for those

TheDogFather
05-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Still holding on to hope, Lewis is a done deal to Alabama. No flippin chance here.

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Still holding on to hope, Lewis is a done deal to Alabama. No flippin chance here.

How is there none? I mean, I realize it isn't likely, but why none/zero?

If Bama just bought him, MSU and Ole Miss fans should be ashamed that we let another state's school walk in here and do that.

deltadawg99
05-19-2014, 09:15 AM
When I heard that Jimmy Johns was "advising" Lewis through the recruiting process, I figured that Bama was going to be tough to beat.

msstate7
05-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Let's just make sure we get caban

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2014, 09:27 AM
When I heard that Jimmy Johns was "advising" Lewis through the recruiting process, I figured that Bama was going to be tough to beat.

Whatever the case may be, the fact that MSU and Ole Miss fans allowed an ex-Bama player to assume this position of influence with Lewis is embarrassing. There are many more MSU and Ole Miss fans in Brookhaven than Bama fans.

BeastMan
05-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Let's just make sure we get caban

This.

Never cry over spilled milk. Go get more milk. I have Leo as the #1 prospect in MS but recruiting and program success is QB driven. You can overcome missing certain elite positional guys in-state as long as it's not a QB. I hope Collins (who Leo loves) keeps working him but I'm not gonna panic over a MLB.

TheDogFather
05-19-2014, 09:37 AM

If Bama just bought him, MSU and Ole Miss fans should be ashamed that we let another state's school walk in here and do that.

Of course everyone understands why nobody uses names, but I can tell you this comes from a confidant of Jimmy Johns who has spoken to him personally. I took the insinuation that Jimmy has a dog in the fight if you know what I mean.

TheDogFather
05-19-2014, 09:40 AM

I can also tell you that the way Jimmy was treated by MSU fanbase after his "betrayal" doesn't help matters. This is no indictment on any negative comments toward Jimmy. I agreed with most and made many. I'm just saying there are consequences to alienating Johns.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2014, 09:51 AM
I can also tell you that the way Jimmy was treated by MSU fanbase after his "betrayal" doesn't help matters. This is no indictment on any negative comments toward Jimmy. I agreed with most and made many. I'm just saying there are consequences to alienating Johns.

Honestly, if Leo Lewis is that influenced by a guy like Jimmy Johns....lets just say he is probably replaceable. No doubt Leo is a good player that we would love to have, but the track record of players who don't make their own decisions, isn't good.

In a recent interview, Dak Prescott discussed how is mother wanted him to sign with LSU after they offered when was in high school. However, Dak said that he had made his commitment to MSU and that where he wanted to go. The rest is history. Not saying Leo doesn't want to go to Bama, but if his decision has as much to do with Jimmy Johns as some people have insinuated, then I'm fine with him just going to Bama.

spiritual_machine2005
05-19-2014, 09:55 AM
You don't win or lose because of players that you don't sign. You win or lose because of players you DO sign. Keep recruiting him. Sign up Caban. And beat Bama.

mjh94
05-19-2014, 10:15 AM
well just send Leo the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Nb7l3DSqU

RBritt
05-19-2014, 11:28 AM
Johns has been helping him and advising him as soon as he got his 3 offers the day after Thanksgiving. Has taken him to New Orleans Pelicans games and to Tuscaloosa. It blows my mind how Saban will allow Johns around when he didn't offer him when he was at LSU. Nick also processed him after his Bama bangs blow operation was ceased. Legal question, how can a felon leave the State?

Bubb Rubb
05-19-2014, 11:31 AM
well just send Leo the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Nb7l3DSqU

Forgot about this....loved it then and love it now.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2014, 11:32 AM
One more thing about Jimmy Johns:

in 2008, 6 years ago, Jimmy was arrested for selling cocaine. Now a top recruit is listening to him? What does that say?

Jimmy doesn't get that he doesn't get it. Once you lie, cheat, and are dishonest, you can never get your name back because people may forgive but will always remember what you did. This goes for every recruit that "flips" commitments and is dishonest with coaches, (CJ Johnson) you can never get your name back, and no one will ever trust you as a person ever again.

Why does a Cocaine dealer have influence over Leo Lewis? Has anyone asked this question?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2008-06-24-alabama-johns_N.htm

hailmari
05-19-2014, 11:38 AM
What's the story on this Johns guy? This story must've been before I was keeping up with crootin.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2014, 11:59 AM
What's the story on this Johns guy? This story must've been before I was keeping up with crootin.

In short...

1. Top player in MS high school football

2. Privately commits to Croom and says he is coming

3. Accepts bribes and is bought off by Bama. MSU fans go irate.

4. Underachieves at Bama

5. Croom sends Glanton after him in a game

6. Saban is hired at Bama

7. Saban moves Johns from RB to LB

8. Johns get arrested for selling cocaine and is dismissed from Bama program.

9. Johns returns home to MS where fans of in-state schools promptly tell him what an idiot he is for going to Bama.

10. Johns holds resentment towards all the people in MS who let him know how he made poor decision in life.

11. For some reason Leo Lewis listens to this person who has proven to be a liar, selfish, and a criminal. Most of all, it is clear that this person is all about himself and likely could care less about Leo Lewis and what is in his best interest.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2014, 12:09 PM
We just need to not say anything bad about Lewis, and hope he comes to his senses. Better Bama than OM. And us attacking his character for listening to Johns, won't help anything and could potentially hurt. Keep recruiting him and enjoy the studs that DO want to be Dawgs.

Raytoraid83
05-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Delete

Raytoraid83
05-19-2014, 12:36 PM

This is the farthest thing from the truth. Lewis is not a done deal and we like where we stand. That's coming from a very important person on his recruitment...

CadaverDawg
05-19-2014, 12:40 PM
This is the farthest thing from the truth. Lewis is not a done deal and we like where we stand. That's coming from a very important person on his recruitment...

Just more reason for people not to make bad comments. Nobody knows 100% what he's thinking, but we DO know it's a looong way til February

Raytoraid83
05-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Just more reason for people not to make bad comments. Nobody knows 100% what he's thinking, but we DO know it's a looong way til February

Yep, best thing to do is sit back and let it play out.

maroonmania
05-19-2014, 01:04 PM

Oh, please spare me. It is pretty obvious from Johns' recruitment to everything that happened with him at Bama that he is or at least was a low life. Maybe he has gotten himself straightened out but if he's gotten his claws into Lewis then I'm sure something shady is going on to assist Bama and Johns wouldn't be doing MSU any favors regardless of whether or not negative things were said about him. Seriously, didn't Saban eventually have to eventually dismiss Johns from the Bama football team due to rules violations (rumor was substance abuse? And that was basically after he never contributed anyway. Really makes me question Lewis if he is willing to get in bed with a guy that pretty much threw away his college career.

maroonmania
05-19-2014, 01:11 PM
In short...

4. Underachieves at Bama

9. Johns returns home to MS where fans of in-state schools promptly tell him what an idiot he is for going to Bama.

10. Johns holds resentment towards all the people in MS who let him know how he made poor decision in life.

11. For some reason Leo Lewis listens to this person who has proven to be a liar, selfish, and a criminal. Most of all, it is clear that this person is all about himself and likely could care less about Leo Lewis and what is in his best interest.

Thanks for reminding me of all the gory details. Seriously, no matter where Lewis goes to school he needs to have MUCH better discretion on who he lets have influence in his life. If not he could be headed down a bad road himself.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2014, 01:13 PM
I agree. I don't think it's good to say anything bad about Lewis, but just pointing out how ridiculous it would be IF he was actually listening to Johns.

maroonmania
05-19-2014, 01:15 PM
We just need to not say anything bad about Lewis, and hope he comes to his senses. Better Bama than OM. And us attacking his character for listening to Johns, won't help anything and could potentially hurt. Keep recruiting him and enjoy the studs that DO want to be Dawgs.

I would not say anything negative on Lewis because I know nothing about him other than he is apparently a great football prospect and if he decides to go to Bama then that is his right. BUT, regardless of what he decides he doesn't need to be hanging out with a convicted felon drug dealer much less getting career advice from one.

LC Dawg
05-19-2014, 01:22 PM
How could someone not understand how Lewis could turn to Jimmy Johns for advice. The kid is a stud that is being recruited by everyone. Who else in Brookhaven could relate to this? I've heard Jimmy Johns speak to young athletes and he, at least outwardly, accepts responsibility for his downfall. There may or may not be a lot shady to the recruitment but speaking negatively about Lewis or Johns on an MSU board can't be helping our cause.

maroonmania
05-19-2014, 01:48 PM
How could someone not understand how Lewis could turn to Jimmy Johns for advice. The kid is a stud that is being recruited by everyone. Who else in Brookhaven could relate to this? I've heard Jimmy Johns speak to young athletes and he, at least outwardly, accepts responsibility for his downfall. There may or may not be a lot shady to the recruitment but speaking negatively about Lewis or Johns on an MSU board can't be helping our cause.

That is ridiculous. He has his coaches and he has his family. NO, he doesn't have to turn to a guy like Jimmy Johns for advice. Its selecting a college to play ball at for goodness sakes, we are not talking about a consult on brain surgery here. And if Johns has his life turned around then that is good to hear but given the way he squandered his talent coming out of HS and the many bad life choices he has made I don't see what would qualify him to be giving advice on the topic to anyone. And I wouldn't recommend guys MSU is recruiting to get advice from guys like Marcus Bullard or Dontae Walker either.

RBritt
05-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Leo should check in with Matthew Wells, Brandon Wells, D Evans, and Tubby. They know the program well. I also hope BMac and wells have great years and go 1st and 2nd rounds to show State puts out nfl lb's too.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2014, 02:20 PM
That is ridiculous. He has his coaches and he has his family. NO, he doesn't have to turn to a guy like Jimmy Johns for advice. Its selecting a college to play ball at for goodness sakes, we are not talking about a consult on brain surgery here. And if Johns has his life turned around then that is good to hear but given the way he squandered his talent coming out of HS and the many bad life choices he has made I don't see what would qualify him to be giving advice on the topic to anyone. And I wouldn't recommend guys MSU is recruiting to get advice from guys like Marcus Bullard or Dontae Walker either.

This

Why do you think Bama is using Johns? Because they know he can be used. It's naive to think Johns has completely turned his life around. Furthermore, if he really has accepted responsibility for his actions, then he would understand the importance of a kid deciding where to go to school for the right reasons. By helping Bama through either legal or illegal actions, Johns is proving that he hasn't accepted any responsibility for his actions and is still the same low life loser that he's always been.

TDawg52
05-19-2014, 02:37 PM
I live in Brookhaven... Trust me, Mama Lewis ain't sold on Bama.... or Mr. Johns....

smootness
05-19-2014, 02:51 PM
In short...

4. Underachieves at Bama

You forgot the part where Shula put Johns at QB for 1-2 snaps against us just so he could try to call Croom out publicly for saying he'd never play QB at Bama, which they were promising him. Of course, Croom was 1000% right, and Shula looked like a fool for trying to play that game.

BeastMan
05-19-2014, 03:21 PM

I agree with this. Sometimes the best advice come from people who have walked that path and made mistakes. I don't have any issue with John's mentoring younger guys as a way to right his wrongs. I haven't understood all the venom aimed at him. If he's using his influence for negative purposes, them obviously I don't support that but I don't think anyone can say they know that to be the case. I'm all for him helping youth not make the mistakes he did.

AlSwearengen
05-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Not to pile on Johns, but didn't he also have a big dog fighting operation while he was in tuscaloosa? Or maybe that was someone else?

Bubb Rubb
05-19-2014, 03:45 PM
You forgot the part where Shula put Johns at QB for 1-2 snaps against us just so he could try to call Croom out publicly for saying he'd never play QB at Bama, which they were promising him. Of course, Croom was 1000% right, and Shula looked like a fool for trying to play that game.

Beat me to it. This is where the whole Johns thing turned really ugly. Not only did they do that, but Shula and Johns ran their mouths about it too. That's what really fueled the intense dislike of the guy, and why Glanton put him on his ass.

maroonmania
05-19-2014, 03:48 PM
I agree with this. Sometimes the best advice come from people who have walked that path and made mistakes. I don't have any issue with John's mentoring younger guys as a way to right his wrongs. I haven't understood all the venom aimed at him. If he's using his influence for negative purposes, them obviously I don't support that but I don't think anyone can say they know that to be the case. I'm all for him helping youth not make the mistakes he did.

Boy, we will just agree to disagree big time on this one. Per your analogy some of the best marital advice would come from someone who has been through multiple divorces. Bottom line is if you want to succeed in life you have a much better chance of doing so by taking advice from successful people.

BeastMan
05-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Boy, we will just agree to disagree big time on this one. Per your analogy some of the best marital advice would come from someone who has been through multiple divorces. Bottom line is if you want to succeed in life you have a much better chance of doing so by taking advice from successful people.

I'm not going extremes on this (like the marriage example). The truth is that tons of people use mistakes made in their lives to better themselves and others. That was my only point. Nothing deep there.

TheDogFather
05-19-2014, 03:57 PM

I don't believe 95% of what I read on a message board and don't expect anyone to do the same for my info, and at the risk of a back-and-forth - this info is solid. As a comparison to your source, on signing day, hs kids make fools out of a lot of recruiters and what they think a kid is going to do.

drunkernhelldawg
05-19-2014, 04:21 PM

Full grown men should confine negative comments about any teenager to their own children only.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2014, 04:57 PM
It's also light years to signing day.

State82
05-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Full grown men should confine negative comments about any teenager to their own children only.

Probably the most accurate statement in this entire thread, particularly when said teenager is a 16-17 year old and still a high school jr.

Dawgcentral
05-19-2014, 07:54 PM
I know little or nothing about the recruit in the discussion. But if he does read these boards, I can say in absolute certainty that taking advice from those who have succeeded beats the he'll out of taking advice from those who have failed. There's an inadequate thought process that's difficult to overcome by folks like Johns. The young man has a decision to make, and should carefully select his peers. Johns provided an example of how you severely hamper your ability to succeed. Now he advocates Bama, where he was removed. Yeah, that's good advice.

bluelightstar
05-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Regardless of Jimmy Johns, it is very hard to criticize a kid for going to Bama and Saban. Not saying that to hash out that "Bama is no better than MSU" 'debate.'