PDA

View Full Version : West > Omaha

Raytoraid83
05-17-2014, 07:10 PM
"@TheRealKyleCole: Bama beats State. Meaning Ole Miss is the outright SEC West Champs. MSU remains the only school without a West title since 1992 expansion."

Ole Miss delusional fan base makes another great statement. Also can anyone confirm that we haven't won the west since the expansion. It's such an irrelevant stat I can't find anywhere on google that list the past west champions.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-17-2014, 07:28 PM
A&M doesnt have a West Title

Jack Lambert
05-17-2014, 07:29 PM
"@TheRealKyleCole: Bama beats State. Meaning Ole Miss is the outright SEC West Champs. MSU remains the only school without a West title since 1992 expansion."

Ole Miss delusional fan base makes another great statement. Also can anyone confirm that we haven't won the west since the expansion. It's such an irrelevant stat I can't find anywhere on google that list the past west champions.

I think we are the only West Team not to have won the WEST since Expansion but I am almost sure Ole Miss is the only West team not to make it to Omaha since expansion and i do want to add that A&M has not won the West.

dickiedawg
05-17-2014, 09:26 PM
That's really pathetic, actually.

M.Fillmore
05-17-2014, 09:58 PM
In Oxford 2 SEC-west titles trumps 4 trips to Omaha. Of course the BearsSharks like the 1992 reference point since it leaves out another 5 trips to Omaha for MSU since the BearShark swim team went to Omaha.

Dawg61
05-17-2014, 09:59 PM
I think we are the only West Team not to have won the WEST since Expansion but I am almost sure Ole Miss is the only West team not to make it to Omaha since expansion and i do want to add that A&M has not won the West.

You're correct. Only Ole Miss hasn't been to Omaha since first expansion.

BossDawg
05-17-2014, 10:17 PM
I knew they were gonna flip out over this. You have to be entirely way too hungry for bragging rights when you pimp a West title and you haven't even been to Omaha in our lifetime. I can't believe they don't see the hypocrisy on top of that soap box they stand on.

starkvegasdawg
05-17-2014, 11:08 PM
I knew they were gonna flip out over this. You have to be entirely way too hungry for bragging rights when you pimp a West title and you haven't even been to Omaha in our lifetime. I can't believe they don't see the hypocrisy on top of that soap box they stand on.

Oh they see it. They just don't care. In their minds they finally have something to gloat about. So, in true bear fashion they will gloat. When your fan base is made up of arrogant pretentious pricks then it is no surprise really.

CadaverDawg
05-17-2014, 11:11 PM
The ones that are acting like this is a big deal, have 2 agendas....

1) to get MSU fans riled up, since they can't really do that much anymore bc we own them in pretty much everything.

2) they're upset that we don't really care that much about them anymore

Todd4State
05-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Oh they see it. They just don't care. In their minds they finally have something to gloat about. So, in true bear fashion they will gloat. When your fan base is made up of arrogant pretentious pricks then it is no surprise really.

Considering what they are likely to lose off their team this year and the fact that they are almost 90% certain to lose two of their top recruits and I'm not even talking about Casey at Desoto Central as one of those- I'd gloat too.

The class that had the three first round picks, Brady Bramlett, Chase Nyman, and Zach Irwin in it is about to rear it's ugly head pretty soon.

messageboardsuperhero
05-18-2014, 12:54 AM
Meh, let them gloat. It really doesn't matter. The reality is that they only finished one game ahead of us in the standings, and the season series was tied at two games each- in what will end up being a transition year for us, in which we lost four pitchers for the year to injuries, had a number of veteran underperformances, our Friday night starter go down in the middle of the SEC season and never really recover, MAJOR catching issues, etc.

Basically, this season was a worst case scenario, "let's just try and piece it together" type of year for us, and it was a best case scenario season for them- and yet, at the end of the year, they're really not any better than we are. They better hope Bianco can hold onto Godwin, because he's a really key ingredient for them. UM will be a solid program for the foreseeable future, but I really like where we are as a program.

I seen it dawg
05-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Meh, let them gloat. It really doesn't matter. The reality is that they only finished one game ahead of us in the standings, and the season series was tied at two games each- in what will end up being a transition year for us, in which we lost four pitchers for the year to injuries, had a number of veteran underperformances, our Friday night starter go down in the middle of the SEC season and never really recover, MAJOR catching issues, etc.

Basically, this season was a worst case scenario, "let's just try and piece it together" type of year for us, and it was a best case scenario season for them- and yet, at the end of the year, they're really not any better than we are. They better hope Bianco can hold onto Godwin, because he's a really key ingredient for them. UM will be a solid program for the foreseeable future, but I really like where we are as a program.

This whole post is so spot on. Especially the bold part.

DawgSaint
05-18-2014, 09:45 AM
I hope those fools really do think winning the West in greater than going to Omaha.

HailState39110
05-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Do you think UCONN gave a shit this year they didn't win their regular season basketball title? No

Here is a stat for you. Ole Miss hasn't been to the College World Series in 41 years . In that time frame

Arkansas has been 4 times
Alabama has been 4 times
LSU has been 16 times
Auburn has been 3 times
Texas A&M has been 3 times
Mississippi St has been 8 times

BeardoMSU
05-18-2014, 10:38 AM
The ones that are acting like this is a big deal, have 2 agendas....

1) to get MSU fans riled up, since they can't really do that much anymore bc we own them in pretty much everything.

2) they're upset that we don't really care that much about them anymore

Exactly, Cadaver. This type of thread is exactly what those douche bags want. Them bragging about winning the West is like us winning the West in basketball and being rewarded with a 1 seed in the NIT. Who gives a 17? If they don't make it to at least a Super, their championship "banner" is toilet paper.