PDA

View Full Version : DWS - Scott Field handicapped question

BulldogBear
05-17-2014, 01:35 PM
My Dad has Parkinson's and hasn't been to a game since 2008 Arkansas. He doesn't use a wheelchair all the time but when he's got too move long distances he does. I am given to understand that there is some kind of arrangement but I do any of you know what we do? I go to almost all home games but I'd love to be able to bring him to a game once or twice a year. It would seem that he gets in stadium on a normal ticket and goes "somewhere," but where do wheelchair folks sit? Is there anything new on this with expansion? For instance, do they park up on that new open air concourse endzone? He'll need help to get to bathroom in such a crowded place like a stadium. Am I or my son allowed to bring a bag chair and sit beside him as long as we get in on our regular ticket?

I really appreciate any input y'all have.

DanDority
05-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Bulldog Bear, I too would like to know more information on this topic, because I'm handicapped, I use a cane when in a crowded area like a stadium or go to games, In the past I've just sat in a folding chair in my section. This past season though I was told that I needed a ticket to sit there. So I had to make my way to my seat that I had a ticket for, pissing off everyone I had to cross by to reach my set.

dickiedawg
05-17-2014, 09:34 PM
I would imagine they could answer this at the ticket office. My wife has a cousin in a wheelchair and I know last year he sat under a tailgating tent set up in the end Zone expansion, but he's a student and that was open seating.

I don't know the answer to your question specifically, but I am confident the University will be as accommodating as possible if you reach out to them.

BulldogBear
05-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Sections 2 and 6 seem to have a flat surface area that would serve on same level as walk. Are these for cameras or are these the areas that serve handicapped folks?

DawgSaint
05-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Sections 2 and 6 seem to have a flat surface area that would serve on same level as walk. Are these for cameras or are these the areas that serve handicapped folks?

Never any experience using, but you are correct. There are areas setup in sections 2 and 6. I would call ticket office tomorrow morning for details.

BulldogBear
05-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Called first thing this morning and at least confirmed the deck purpose in 2 & 6, but the girl I talked to didn't really have much more info. I kind of gleened that you buy a ticket for that section. What I still don't get is whether or not I have to burn a season ticket for what amounts to 1 or 2 games per year, if any, that it will be used. I pick today at 2pm and they'll call as I'm on the computer. I'm supposed to ask for details at that time. I really hope this is not the case as that is not very efficient. It would seem to be more practical to get in the stadium on ANY ticket and then park your wheelchair in the proper place. I still don't know if I can sit there with him.

Another question to ask is if you can just buy single game handicapped tickets.

BulldogBear
05-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Bulldog Bear, I too would like to know more information on this topic, because I'm handicapped, I use a cane when in a crowded area like a stadium or go to games, In the past I've just sat in a folding chair in my section. This past season though I was told that I needed a ticket to sit there. So I had to make my way to my seat that I had a ticket for, pissing off everyone I had to cross by to reach my set.

Dan, are you talking about sections 2 and 6 where the decks are? Did they run you out of that area?

DawgSaint
05-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Called first thing this morning and at least confirmed the deck purpose in 2 & 6, but the girl I talked to didn't really have much more info. I kind of gleened that you buy a ticket for that section. What I still don't get is whether or not I have to burn a season ticket for what amounts to 1 or 2 games per year, if any, that it will be used. I pick today at 2pm and they'll call as I'm on the computer. I'm supposed to ask for details at that time. I really hope this is not the case as that is not very efficient. It would seem to be more practical to get in the stadium on ANY ticket and then park your wheelchair in the proper place. I still don't know if I can sit there with him.

Another question to ask is if you can just buy single game handicapped tickets.

Again. I've never used them, but I almost positive you just have to have a ticket anywhere in the stadium then park wheelchair in those areas. I would be very surprised if not the case. Anyway, good luck with it.

BulldogBear
05-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Okay, I made my picks and got the skinny on wheelchairs.

You do indeed get in the stadium on a regular ticket and then go park at a handicapped area like deck in sections 2 & 6. Also, I will be allowed to use my regular ticket and bring a bag or lawn chair and sit there with him.