PDA

View Full Version : SEC Tourney RPI question

sbcmortgageman
05-17-2014, 07:34 AM
So if we win today (IF I say b/c I don't wanna jinx it) I think we all agree we need to make some major noise to get into the hosting discussion. So in the SEC tourney, are the wins considered a .7 or 1.0 add to the RPI. Are they considered home or away games?

DawgSaint
05-17-2014, 07:51 AM
It would be considered neutral site game so 1.0

engie
05-17-2014, 08:10 AM
1.0 is correct...

Beating UF or Vandy in the tournament ~= beating Bama at their place. We need to draw the best RPI teams in the SEC Tourney, which is a "luck of the draw" proposition. My projection says that we need at least 2 wins in Hoover for a chance to host -- combined with an early LSU exit. We need to be a clear #5 in the SEC in RPI -- and inside the top 20 overall.

It's easier for them to justify giving the SEC 5 hosts than it is for them giving the state of Texas 5 hosts...

The Croom Diaries
05-17-2014, 08:22 AM
I don't think there's any way we host even if we win the SEC Tournament. Even if our RPI is in the top 16 they are going to take Oklahoma State, Washington and maybe one or two others outside of the top 16. Plus with Ole Miss hosting that is going to me a strike against us due to geography (that is just my opinion and based on no past evidence).

Other than the fun time at a Regional I don't really care any more. This team seems to be just as if not more comfortable on the road as at home.

MsStateBaseball
05-17-2014, 08:54 AM
We won't host period. Too late. Play 2-4 games in SECT, to prepare for regional. Then play for Omaha.

TheRef
05-17-2014, 09:13 AM
I think it is in our best interest to not host a regional or a super since we play so well away from DNF...also, I think NCAA will keep us close-by for Regional/Super because of how well we travel for postseason. I don't think we will have to travel to Corvalis or something like that.

Todd4State
05-17-2014, 09:17 AM
I think it is in our best interest to not host a regional or a super since we play so well away from DNF...also, I think NCAA will keep us close-by for Regional/Super because of how well we travel for postseason. I don't think we will have to travel to Corvalis or something like that.

I think we are likely going to an ACC school. PG had us going to Miami on their last projection, and while I would certainly take that with a grain of salt, I don't think they're far off either.

Saltydog
05-17-2014, 09:21 AM
days. IF, we can win today that could put our RPI in the lower 20's. With a couple of nice wins in the SECT, we could be inside the top 20. Still don't think it's enough though.

dickiedawg
05-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Best case as far as potential RPI-boosting wins would be to get the 4 seed. Let's say that makes LSU the 3 seed and Vandy the 5. (Meaning we lose today, LSU wins and Vandy wins).
We would potentially play 5 seed Vandy (RPI #5) on Wednesday, then 1 seed Florida (RPI #2) on Thursday. Win both of those you're looking at a pretty legitimate RPI boost.

Another scenario that matches us up with Vandy would be we win, LSU wins and South Carolina wins, making us the 3, and VU the 6.