PDA

View Full Version : Not believing we just came back and won that game!

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 04:22 PM
What a gut check win. Probably e gutsiest win of Cohen's tenure. Holy shit, do you realize that we just saved our chances at hosting with that win?

Helluva Job Guys!

RTO Dawg
05-12-2013, 04:28 PM
That was a must WIN...

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 04:31 PM
That was a must WIN...

First time this team has ever flexed their nuts

msstate7
05-12-2013, 04:35 PM
First time this team has ever flexed their nuts

This was a great win, but still doesn't excuse the crappy play yesterday and the start today. We've got to clean up our game.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 04:39 PM
This was a great win, but still doesn't excuse the crappy play yesterday and the start today. We've got to clean up our game.

Ya, but overcoming a 6-0 deficit when most teams would have thrown in the towel, is big. Especially from a mental state. This could potentially springboard us into a big run...never know

msstate7
05-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I agree. Gotta get some better starts next weekend. If we do, we'll be fine

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 04:51 PM
I agree. Gotta get some better starts next weekend. If we do, we'll be fine

Yep. What the hell is wrong with Lindgren? I thought he should have at least started the 2nd inning. It seems to me that he isn't real sharp with his location right now, but we need his ass to get it going or we will have a short postseason.

Graveman should be ok, and I like how Pollo is gutsy....but Lindgren worries me.

Will James, what's up with your boy?

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Our supposed best pitcher lays another terd.

Ronny
05-12-2013, 05:08 PM
..the broom-waving bear.

Cohen said on post-game radio show some idiot in a bear costume was waving a broom in front of the MSU dugout before the game started.

I have to hand it to the MSU players: I would have snapped & jumped out of the dugout & beat the mother****er's ass.

But I guess coming back from a 6-0 deficit to win is the Christian way of handlng the situation.

Will James
05-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Our supposed best pitcher lays another terd.
Bullshit he had a rough first inning (our teams specialty) but would have gotten out of it with one run if Frazier doesn't **** up. He did his job and got a ground ball. Taking him out was dumb as ****.

State82
05-12-2013, 05:16 PM
..the broom-waving bear.

Cohen said on post-game radio show some idiot in a bear costume was waving a broom in front of the MSU dugout before the game started.

I have to hand it to the MSU players: I would have snapped & jumped out of the dugout & beat the mother****er's ass.

But I guess coming back from a 6-0 deficit to win is the Christian way of handlng the situation.

Amen, brother. Amen!

swdawg
05-12-2013, 05:20 PM
This is what I was thinking too...now let's see if it happens.

Ya, but overcoming a 6-0 deficit when most teams would have thrown in the towel, is big. Especially from a mental state. This could potentially springboard us into a big run...never know

msstate7
05-12-2013, 05:31 PM
This is what I was thinking too...now let's see if it happens.

An emotional win could very well be a springboard. We're only gonna make a run though if our starters step up. May be time to start bracewell

swdawg
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
May be...I don't know. I don't get into those discussions - never played, never coached - I'll leave that to the coaching staff. But the last time he started didn't go very well.

An emotional win could very well be a springboard. We're only gonna make a run though if our starters step up. May be time to start bracewell

msstate7
05-12-2013, 05:40 PM
May be...I don't know. I don't get into those discussions - never played, never coached - I'll leave that to the coaching staff. But the last time he started didn't go very well.

True. Most Sunday starts for us don't go well

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Bullshit he had a rough first inning (our teams specialty) but would have gotten out of it with one run if Frazier doesn't **** up. He did his job and got a ground ball. Taking him out was dumb as ****.

They were probably afraid he would do like he did the last time we made a mistake in the first inning and shit his pants like he did against Vanderbilt. Not to mention his road ERA is well over 10.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
They were probably afraid he would do like he did the last time we made a mistake in the first inning and shit his pants like he did against Vanderbilt. Not to mention his road ERA is well over 10.

What has happened to Jacob lindgren? We need this guy

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 06:09 PM
What has happened to Jacob lindgren? We need this guy

He's just getting too much of the plate. He is still learning how to pitch in the SEC and he isn't a finished product yet. Him going to the Cape is going to be very good for him and he will be one of the better pitchers in the SEC next year. He might need to learn how to throw a cutter as well to add that to his arsenal.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 06:11 PM
He's just getting too much of the plate. He is still learning how to pitch in the SEC and he isn't a finished product yet. Him going to the Cape is going to be very good for him and he will be one of the better pitchers in the SEC next year. He might need to learn how to throw a cutter as well to add that to his arsenal.

Unfortunately, the Cape doesn't help us any for the rest of This year.

Will James
05-12-2013, 06:16 PM
I really wish we would have let him keep going today. He walked a couple but settled and got a groud ball to end the inning. Unfortunately Frazier ****ed up costing 2 runs. If he walks someone else in the 2nd pull him but bringing in a new arm to start the 2nd wasn't good for the game or his confidence. Cohen ****ed that one up.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I really wish we would have let him keep going today. He walked a couple but settled and got a groud ball to end the inning. Unfortunately Frazier ****ed up costing 2 runs. If he walks someone else in the 2nd pull him but bringing in a new arm to start the 2nd wasn't good for the game or his confidence. Cohen ****ed that one up.

I agree. Cohen hit the panic button at the same time as most of us here did.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Unfortunately, the Cape doesn't help us any for the rest of This year.

True.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 06:35 PM

Why? His outings since Auburn- 0.2 innings against Vanderbilt and 3 innings against Alabama. This was a MUST win game against Ole Miss's ace on the road. You don't mess around hoping that he'll somehow turn the corner because before you know it, we're down 8-0 again. Our bullpen as a whole has been MUCH more reliable than Lindgren lately. And sure, Frazier's error hurt, but it's not like Lindgren was sharp. And yes, our bullpen contributed to getting us down 6-0, but in the end we played the odds and they just barely kept us in the game enough to win. The odds being Lindgren's 10.00 ERA on the road vs. our bullpen's collective ERA.

If anything his confidence has been down since the Vanderbilt series. If HE wants to play he has to learn how to get people out, and he needs to figure it out in the first inning. The REAL reason why his "luck" hasn't been good is because he doesn't quite locate his pitches well enough yet for his luck to be good.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 06:38 PM
The real mistake would have been the one Cohen tried to make in the 6th or 7th....

He said he wanted to take Bracewell out and bring in CT Bradford to matchup with the lefty's at the top of the OM lineup. He said Butch told him that Ben was a 4th year guy, and he's in a groove, so to let him stay in. Thank you Butch.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 06:47 PM
The real mistake would have been the one Cohen tried to make in the 6th or 7th....

He said he wanted to take Bracewell out and bring in CT Bradford to matchup with the lefty's at the top of the OM lineup. He said Butch told him that Ben was a 4th year guy, and he's in a groove, so to let him stay in. Thank you Butch.

Absolutely right Butch. When a guy is in a groove like that, you just let them go until they can't go anymore.

RTO Dawg
05-12-2013, 07:33 PM
When we got into their bullpen (like we all said) we punked them,,we just couldnt get their Saturday

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Nope todd. He is our best pitcher according to some. Except that when he pitches, he is ****ing terrible

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
When we got into their bullpen (like we all said) we punked them,,we just couldnt get their Saturday

Yep. It sucks that Graveman had the worst outing of his life and that Mayers pitched out of his mind.

All in all- we went 2-2 against them and won the Governor's Cup.

Maybe next year we can win the Governor's Cup and the series. I think the last time we completely swept them was 1997. I was at the game in Starkville where they broke the losing streak to us- they came awfully close to dogpiling. Even then, we kicked their ass the next day.