PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Davis Transferring

JOHNHEVESYMADE
05-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Per MSU twitter account, Jacoby Davis is transferring. Second Rick Ray signee to transfer.

Dallas_Dawg
05-16-2014, 04:46 PM
"Rick Ray can't croot" meltdown in 3,2,...

CadaverDawg
05-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Buried on the depth chart*

preachermatt83
05-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Rick Ray lost one of his own players? Couldn't be true.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/laimelady/emoticons%20and%20such/dramaclassdisbelief.gif

JOHNHEVESYMADE
05-16-2014, 04:51 PM
So we are down to two point guards both who are currently injured. Trivante had a torn labrum and is out till September and IJ is made of glass. No depth in year 3 excuse?

preachermatt83
05-16-2014, 04:54 PM
So we are down to two point guards both who are currently injured. Trivante had a torn labrum and is out till September and IJ is made of glass. No depth in year 3 excuse?

he took over an awful program that was depleted and ran in the ground by stands.**

Coach34
05-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Both PG's are supposed to be ready by practice...and Sword has played PG some- so he is a back-up plan. Nothing to see here

hailmari
05-16-2014, 04:56 PM
His mom is sick, apparently. I can't hate on that.

preachermatt83
05-16-2014, 04:57 PM
this thread will be locked in 3...2...

C222
05-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Y'all think this was all Jacoby's idea? Funny. Where is Malik's scholarship coming from if we somehow get him?

CadaverDawg
05-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Y'all think this was all Jacoby's idea? Funny. Where is Malik's scholarship coming from if we somehow get him?

Haha, so you're saying Ray forced Davis out to open a spot for Newman? And used Jacoby's sick Mom as an excuse? I don't even know where to begin with the reasons that makes zero sense.

Jesus

HailState39110
05-16-2014, 05:00 PM
A good rule for anyone in Public Relations is if you are going to release bad information the best time to do it is late on a Friday afternoon. Well done Athletic Department

Ifyouonlyknew
05-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Man the kid mom has MS but no need to let facts get in the way of a good old msg board bashing.

CadaverDawg
05-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Man the kid mom has MS but no need to let facts get in the way of a good old msg board bashing.

Who bashed Davis?

preachermatt83
05-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Who bashed Davis?

nobody, he is just pulling crap out of the air.

C222
05-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Haha, so you're saying Ray forced Davis out to open a spot for Newman? And used Jacoby's sick Mom as an excuse? I don't even know where to begin with the reasons that makes zero sense.

Jesus

Not what I said at all. Great post though.

preachermatt83
05-16-2014, 05:04 PM

Jesus

Surely you are not surprised that something C222 says has absolutely no validity and makes zero sense. That's every post he makes.

Dawg61
05-16-2014, 05:05 PM
12 players

C222
05-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Surely you are not surprised that something C222 says has absolutely no validity and makes zero sense. That's every post he makes.

I actually have a little knowledge of the situation but by all means, keep bashing me.

Ifyouonlyknew
Who bashed Davis?

I wasn't talking about anyone bashing Davis. I meant the Ray bashing that was bound to ensue due to the kid transferring. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

CadaverDawg
Not what I said at all. Great post though.

You said "it's not all Jacoby's decision", and "where will Malik's scholarship come from"....did an assistant have something to do with Jacoby leaving? Because it's clear you're referring to Ray, unless others have a say so in making Davis leave? Please explain what you meant

Brad Stevens
05-16-2014, 05:14 PM
12 players

Nice, man. Why can't Ray be like every other superhero coach and prevent his players' family members from getting permanent neurological disorders? **

JOHNHEVESYMADE
05-16-2014, 05:15 PM
It'll be down to 11 if Oliver Black doesn't qualify which is a very real possibility.

C222
05-16-2014, 05:18 PM
You said "it's not all Jacoby's decision", and "where will Malik's scholarship come from"....did an assistant have something to do with Jacoby leaving? Because it's clear you're referring to Ray, unless others have a say so in making Davis leave? Please explain what you meant

In no way did I say Rick forced him to transfer and then made up that his mom had an illness. Just want to make that clear.

Dawg61
05-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Nice, man. Why can't Ray be like every other superhero coach and prevent his players' family members from getting permanent neurological disorders? **

No excuses. Ray has almost 6 more months till game tip. Tyndall just added a 4* player for next year. 13 players by game 1 tip. He's short one right now.

CadaverDawg
05-16-2014, 05:21 PM
In no way did I say Rick forced him to transfer and then made up that his mom had an illness. Just want to make that clear.

Then what were you saying?? If it wasn't Jacoby's decision, whose was it? And did Jacoby just conveniently cover Ray (or this secret person who helped force Davis out) by using his Mom's sickness?

Please Explain since you're in the know

Dawg61
05-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Donnie Tyndall has added 5 new players since being hired April 22. Ray just needs to sign one more. Not tough right?

whosyourdawgy
05-16-2014, 05:51 PM
I hate that his mom is sick and it's admirable that he is moving back to be closer to her. As far as how this hurts us for the upcoming season? I think giving his minutes to Dunlap is a wash if not a step up. Look Jacoby has had a hard time here with injuries and now family illness but he never was gonna give us much. He was supposed to be a great outside shooter but he never was. He was a liability on D as well. Good luck to him where ever he lands but we will still be much much better this coming year regardless

engie
05-16-2014, 05:54 PM
That spot has been rumored to be opening up for awhile. Maybe Troutman gets an offer now, which I've been in favor of all along...

JOHNHEVESYMADE
05-16-2014, 05:58 PM
He signed with South Carolina State.

HailState39110
05-16-2014, 07:21 PM
He signed with South Carolina State.

So when we didn't offer Troutman his next option was South Carolina St? Geez ...

Quaoarsking
05-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Maybe we can Jarrodparks him

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 07:47 PM
it's ok. everything is under control. it's part of the process. ultimately, this is Stan's fault.***

engie
05-16-2014, 08:01 PM
It's certainly time for a freak out when you "lose" a guy that gave you 2.2PPG last year...

HailState39110
05-16-2014, 08:16 PM
It's certainly time for a freak out when you "lose" a guy that gave you 2.2PPG last year...

I don't think people are freaking out about losing Davis . I think people are freaking out about Ray not filling a full roster in year 3 of his tenure.

engie
05-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't think people are freaking out about losing Davis . I think people are freaking out about Ray not filling a full roster in year 3 of his tenure.

What is the obsession with the term "full roster"?

What's the difference between having a guy that has proven he can give you no meaningful contribution -- and not having him? Fact is -- the "holes" in our roster that have been present in the first 2 years under Ray have been filled for next year. "Losing" Davis has absolutely zero effect on that.

No one in the country actually goes 13 deep.

Quaoarsking
05-16-2014, 08:21 PM

You can't blame him for something like this though.

Coach34
05-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Stands didnt have 13 players a couple of years himself

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 08:44 PM
I'd like to have just 5. that's really it. we haven't had that yet though.

Dawg61
05-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Stands didnt have 13 players a couple of years himself

How many years did Stans have 7 players? Ray's first year he had to leave an injured walk-on in the game vs Bama or we'd only of had 4 players on the court. Worked for Gene Hackman though.

engie
05-16-2014, 08:59 PM
I'd like to have just 5. that's really it. we haven't had that yet though.

Srsly?

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Srsly?

We may have five guys that pass the engie test. They're just not ready for the Hack test yet. when we get five solid SEC guys, I'll let you know.

engie
05-16-2014, 09:03 PM
We may have five guys that pass the engie test. They're just not ready for the Hack test yet. when we get five solid SEC guys, I'll let you know.

Impossible. Does not compute.

I'm just curious which of our starting 5 is unworthy of the "Hack test"? Borchert maybe?

We had at least 4 worthy SEC starters last year. It's what we had behind them that was the problem. Hence why we were a pretty good first half team...

tcdog70
05-16-2014, 09:16 PM
It is a good thing. He can't play for Delta St. He can't defend, shoot or dribble.Why we signed Him is a mystery. Who ever takes His place it will be an improvement. Rick Ray needs to be careful, his Dumpster is starting to smolder. He might not have a healthy point guard on the roster in year three.

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 09:43 PM

I'm just curious which of our starting 5 is unworthy of the "Hack test"? Borchert maybe?

We had at least 4 worthy SEC starters last year. It's what we had behind them that was the problem. Hence why we were a pretty good first half team...

I disagree. I'm not going to call out college kids for their athletic performance, but there are less than 5 that are legit sec players IMO.

engie
05-16-2014, 09:55 PM
I disagree. I'm not going to call out college kids for their athletic performance, but there are less than 5 that are legit sec players IMO.

Including the(what will likely be) 8 newcomers?

We have 4 SEC-quality returning starters.

whosyourdawgy
05-16-2014, 09:58 PM
It is a good thing. He can't play for Delta St. He can't defend, shoot or dribble.Why we signed Him is a mystery. Who ever takes His place it will be an improvement. Rick Ray needs to be careful, his Dumpster is starting to smolder. He might not have a healthy point guard on the roster in year three.

While I agree we will actually improve as a team without Davis playing for us, I don't think there is a dumpster fire starting. In fact, although I'm sorry Davis had to leave due to a sick mom, I think his leaving actually keeps a good thing starting to smolder. Ray has some depth in the post now and with all the experience we have coming back we will be a much better team. If we can get to .500 this year and add some great players next season, the senior year of Sword, Ware, FTF, and Bloodman could be a really good one.

TheDogFather
05-16-2014, 10:31 PM

Engie Test?! Hack Test?!

Let's make it easy on everyone and just say we suck. And we suck until we can win.

chef dixon
05-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Its not that having 12 is so much worse than a full 13, but we have never had a solid rotation of 7 or 8 players under Ray. Having the roster actually full maximizes your chances of players stepping up. He's doing himself a disservice at this point by leaving roster spots empty, although I realize this situation seems to be out of his control.

I think Davis had a chance to be a solid player. Its tough to tell after 1 year from a freshman especially after an ACL injury. Sad as it may sound, he was arguably our best perimeter shooter last year.

Political Hack
05-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Including the(what will likely be) 8 newcomers?

We have 4 SEC-quality returning starters.

referring to last year. haven't seen them play this year yet.

HailState39110
05-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Its not that having 12 is so much worse than a full 13, but we have never had a solid rotation of 7 or 8 players.

Very true and as mentioned in a previous posts, Black has not been cleared to play so that makes you wonder if we will just burn another a scholly on him to sit out this year just like we did with Daniels and Ndoye last year . In that case we are looking like we may run out of the tunnel for first game tip with 11. Then what if Ready goes down with another injury, a starter quits mid season like Applewhite, or someone fails Rays strict drug policy? We could be dressing with less than 10 midseason in year 3

CadaverDawg
05-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Very true and as mentioned in a previous posts, Black has not been cleared to play so that makes you wonder if we will just burn another a scholly on him to sit out this year just like we did with Daniels and Ndoye last year . In that case we are looking like we may run out of the tunnel for first game tip with 11. Then what if Ready goes down with another injury, a starter quits mid season like Applewhite, or someone fails Rays strict drug policy? We could be dressing with less than 10 midseason in year 3

No sir...You're not allowed to assume trends that aren't optimistic....but you ARE to Know that the newcomers will be a step up from what we're losing.***

All is well.

engie
05-17-2014, 10:30 AM

Then Ray will either be gone or his seat will be scalding hot...

The scenario for this year is so simple, for the life of me I don't understand why some of you waste so much time "worrying" about the potential "worst" case scenario. Ray's honeymoon is over and he either produces notable improvement this year or he's out...

Black has 2 summer semesters to handle getting his eligibility straight.

engie
05-17-2014, 10:33 AM
No sir...You're not allowed to assume trends that aren't optimistic....but you ARE to Know that the newcomers will be a step up from what we're losing.***

All is well.

Yep. Way better off to ignore what actual basketball people tell you -- and assume they either suck, won't make it to school, or will transfer. True enlightenment there**

CadaverDawg
05-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Yep. Way better off to ignore what actual basketball people tell you -- and assume they either suck, won't make it to school, or will transfer. True enlightenment there**

What "actual basketball people" have said we are upgrading by replacing Borchert, etc with newcomers? All I've seen is message board people saying it and acting like they are "real basketball people".

I just think it's funny that when something real happens, like a transfer, and people worry about our depth and numbers, they're told they're being Ridiculous and don't know basketball...yet the same people trying to call them out are claiming that 3 star guys that haven't played a single game, are going to easily replace some of our key producers with nothing but practice videos to base it on.

Ha, it's like watching a train wreck while the guy next to you is telling you "this train will make it to the next stop on time". And then when saying "I don't think so", getting called ridiculous or a "worrier".

It's just comical how anything that isn't sunshine and butterflies regarding our bball team is so quickly deflected and downplayed, yet a guy making shots in practice means "all is well! We're back!!".

People can see a negative, call it a negative, and not be stupid or wrong. And I'm not speaking about any posters in particular...just the entire message board bball discussion as a whole. So don't get all defensive unless u feel it describes you.

Things may not be as bad as certain posters act...but how are their comments any worse than those that are acting like things are so much better than they are? Answer: they're not...truth lies in between

engie
05-17-2014, 10:59 AM
What "actual basketball people" have said we are upgrading by replacing Borchert, etc with newcomers? All I've seen is message board people saying it and acting like they are "real basketball people".
The same message board people that have been generally right about basketball all along. Where do you think that information is coming from? People just making it up and putting themselves out there with the potential to posterize themselves? Think it through...

I just think it's funny that when something real happens, like a transfer, and people worry about our depth and numbers, they're told they're being Ridiculous and don't know basketball...
Did losing Davis actually hurt the team in any way? Answer that honestly. Once you produce the answer of "no" -- which you will if you are being honest with yourself -- then everything attempted big picture relation beyond that is simply pushing an agenda. Worrying about the "numbers" when your #3 2 guard and what most feel is the #13 "ceiling" scholarship player leaves the team is ridiculous. A guy that was basically the #2 2 guard last year and averaged 2.2 ppg. Very little contribution on a team that was razor thin. Yet he was going to contribute on one that actually has bodies?

yet the same people trying to call them out are claiming that 3 star guys that haven't played a single game, are going to easily replace some of our key producers with nothing but practice videos to base it on.
How many times are you going to need this explained to you before you "get it"? I've done it at least 3 times already -- and you are still pushing the same tired line. NOTHING has been based on a "practice video". It was supporting evidence of a position that MANY of us had already given throughout the season based on practice reports from former players among others. But you ignore all that as "just a couple of guys on message boards".

It's funny that in the past you have PMed constantly for recruiting info that has almost always proven to be good -- yet then assume the same sources for the info don't know a damn thing about what's actually going on behind the scenes with basketball players? Disconnect from reality much? Fact is -- Davis has been on the chopping block since early in the season last year. Was posted here by the same people whose info you now choose to ignore -- since you've made your mind up to believe something different regardless of what you are told.

Ha, it's like watching a train wreck while the guy next to you is telling you "this train will make it to the next stop on time". And then when saying "I don't think so", getting called ridiculous or a "worrier".
Fire Conehz!1!1 6-24 in the SEC!1!11 Ran off half the team and all of our best players!!1!! Shoulda never hired that clown!!1!1

It's just comical how anything that isn't sunshine and butterflies regarding our bball team is so quickly deflected and downplayed, yet a guy making shots in practice means "all is well! We're back!!".
What sunshine and butterflies are you referring to? Please point them out to me. Everyone that is in favor of giving Ray a fair shot with a full roster -- in the first season that he can be fairly judged -- and don't see the situation as permanently doomed = "sunshine pumper" to people pushing the opposite agenda.

People can see a negative, call it a negative, and not be stupid or wrong. And I'm not speaking about any posters in particular...just the entire message board bball discussion as a whole. So don't get all defensive unless u feel it describes you.
Sure they can. Jacoby Davis transferring is not a negative though. It affects our season and future in no notable way if we're being honest with ourselves. Presenting it as some big, encompassing negative is the problem.

Ndoye, Daniels, Zuppardo, Houston. Those 4 along with continued development of the 6 returners are the key to next year. Anything from Black, Dunlap, and Staley is a bonus. And if we're being honest, Davis fell down into that last category as well.

CadaverDawg
05-17-2014, 11:11 AM
What a bunch of side stepping and trying to act like a know it all that post was. You basically just admitted what I said in my post. That YOU are no bball expert, and hearing Paul Jones say that a player looked good in practice doesn't equal "we've got an immediate upgrade". And just like I said, you are trying to deflect and downplay the Davis transfer. Who said he was an impact player?? Nobody, that's right. But he was DEPTH. So yes, I'm right about that too. And if you're going to bring up history...I backed Cohen longer than anyone even when we sucked, so not sure why you brought Cohen up. I'm one of his biggest supporters and always have been.

But I'm not about to get in a 15 page, "engie is the only opinion that matters in the history of message boards" thread with you. So you can try to act like you're right and everybody else is wrong that sees we aren't upgrading very much, all you want. I just want to point out that your constant calling realistic people, that see our bball for what it is, "wrong" or ridiculous, is just not accurate, and you can't use future players that haven't played yet as a way to say we've improved. Truth is, until we see it on the court, we're just a shitty bball program hoping for improvement this season.

Political Hack
05-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Did losing Davis hurt?

We don't know. The same people claiming that we have better talent this year than last are using last years stats to back up a claim that losing him will have no impact. The same people that claim it takes time to build a roster and that a roster of upper classmen is important to win. These same people are telling us that newcomers are here to rescue the program from the continual disaster we've seen for 4-5 years now. Let me make this clear... I am a basketball person. I know the game. There are ZERO signs that we will compete in the SEC at any point in the near future.

"We need upperclassmen! We're young and inexperienced. Don't worry we have new guys that are better than our old guys." See how those two things don't add up?

CadaverDawg
05-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Did losing Davis hurt?

We don't know. The same people claiming that we have better talent this year than last are using last years stats to back up a claim that losing him will have no impact. The same people that claim it takes time to build a roster and that a roster of upper classmen is important to win. These same people are telling us that newcomers are here to rescue the program from the continual disaster we've seen for 4-5 years now. Let me make this clear... I am a basketball person. I know the game. There are ZERO signs that we will compete in the SEC at any point in the near future.

"We need upperclassmen! We're young and inexperienced. Don't worry we have new guys that are better than our old guys." See how those two things don't add up?

Exactly. I understand hoping and being optimistic, but call it that. Don't try to tell realistic people that they don't know shit just bc you are trying to find the silver lining in a dark cloud. Wanna be positive? Great. Doesn't make you right.

engie
05-17-2014, 11:30 AM
What a bunch of side stepping and trying to act like a know it all that post was.
What did I sidestep?

You basically just admitted what I said in my post. That YOU are no bball expert, and hearing Paul Jones say that a player looked good in practice doesn't equal "we've got an immediate upgrade".
LOL -- you think my "info" comes from Paul Jones now? I didn't "admit" a damn thing about my basketball moxie. I've had an open invitation to anyone that thought they knew the game better than me to try to prove it in a game thread and let the board decide -- and I've still never had a taker. I just know that I've seen ZERO practices of our basketball team under Ray. So, you think I should provide with with firsthand information on that how?

But it's obviously better to blindly mistrust what you are told -- and ignore what 5 former players have told you that have CONSTANTLY been at the practices and seen us play**

And just like I said, you are trying to deflect and downplay the Davis transfer. Who said he was an impact player?? Nobody, that's right. But he was DEPTH. So yes, I'm right about that too.
He wasn't depth. He was a body. He was Tyson Cunningham -- just not as good. SKY IS FALLING!!!1!1

Accusations of downplaying -- when losing a walk-on quality scholarship player. That's richly hypocritical.

And if you're going to bring up history...I backed Cohen longer than anyone even when we sucked, so not sure why you brought Cohen up. I'm one of his biggest supporters and always have been.
Yet you've taken this opportunity to flip flop despite that actual happenings in the programs in the first 2 years being incredibly similar... Makes sense**

But I'm not about to get in a 15 page, "engie is the only opinion that matters in the history of message boards" thread with you. So you can try to act like you're right and everybody else is wrong that sees we aren't upgrading very much, all you want. I just want to point out that your constant calling realistic people, that see our bball for what it is, "wrong" or ridiculous, is just not accurate, and you can't use future players that haven't played yet as a way to say we've improved. Truth is, until we see it on the court, we're just a shitty bball program hoping for improvement this season.
I'm still looking for these "realistic" people in this thread? When dawg61 is one of your primary example of "realistic" -- you are fighting an uphill battle. Realism is in the minority in our basketball fanbase -- and this thread is a shining example of that.

You, yourself, did a GREAT job of deflecting and not answering a single damn question I posed though...

engie
05-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Did losing Davis hurt?

I'd love to see these posts about the "newcomers saving the program" that you are conveniently straw manning into your agenda...

4 of 5 starters return to a team that had quality starters -- but lacked depth -- and in the case of PG, lacked experience. And "the newcomers are saving the program" because people project that we'll be a much improved team when filling those holes in depth with a guy in his 4th yr of college, a guy in his 3rd yr of college, and a guy in his 2nd yr of college = "new young guys to save the program"? That's rich.

CadaverDawg
05-17-2014, 11:40 AM
What did I sidestep?

LOL -- you think my "info" comes from Paul Jones now? I didn't "admit" a damn thing about my basketball moxie. I've had an open invitation to anyone that thought they knew the game better than me to try to prove it in a game thread and let the board decide -- and I've still never had a taker. I just know that I've seen ZERO practices of our basketball team under Ray. So, you think I should provide with with firsthand information on that how?

But it's obviously better to blindly mistrust what you are told -- and ignore what 5 former players have told you that have CONSTANTLY been at the practices and seen us play**

He wasn't depth. He was a body. He was Tyson Cunningham -- just not as good. SKY IS FALLING!!!1!1

Accusations of downplaying -- when losing a walk-on quality scholarship player. That's richly hypocritical.

Yet you've taken this opportunity to flip flop despite that actual happenings in the programs in the first 2 years being incredibly similar... Makes sense**

I'm still looking for these "realistic" people in this thread? When dawg61 is one of your primary example of "realistic" -- you are fighting an uphill battle. Realism is in the minority in our basketball fanbase -- and this thread is a shining example of that.

You, yourself, did a GREAT job of deflecting and not answering a single damn question I posed though...

Ha, spin doctor.

And it's hilarious that you say you've challenged people and haven't had any takers. Haha! First off, what a douchey statement. Secondly, are you THAT naive? The reason nobody debates you is bc you can never admit being wrong and you spin EVERYTHING into making you right regardless of what happens.

I used to like your posts, but lately you've become this entitled "I'm better and smarter than everyone", person that people would rather avoid than get into a discussion with. It's "Engie spoke, anyone that doesn't agree is a moron" with you...and it's lame. Just saying what many other have wanted to say. And since you like bringing up PM's, I have the ones that show I'm speaking for others.

You aren't always right..,and you're wrong to act like everything is just great with our bball recruits bc you have no proof yet. And nobody said "sky is falling" by the way...but feel free to spin away....what do you always say? "Straw man". I've said all I care to say.

HailState39110
05-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Some more not so encouraging news from Twitter as Diamond Stone says him and Malik Newman are a 'package deal' . Unfortunately we are not one of the schools on his radar.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/467701447589515264

engie
05-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Ha, spin doctor.

And it's hilarious that you say you've challenged people and haven't had any takers. Haha! First off, what a douchey statement. Secondly, are you THAT naive? The reason nobody debates you is bc you can never admit being wrong and you spin EVERYTHING into making you right regardless of what happens.
I've admitted I'm wrong a higher percentage of the time I'm actually wrong than probably anybody on this board. I was the first damn person on here to own Mullen proving me wrong in the Egg Bowl.

The reason no one will debate it is because they realize the extent to which I actually know the games. Baseball first, basketball second, football third. Try it in the court of public opinion -- I'm still waiting. Anyone that thinks they can provide more insight and analysis into the game of basketball than me -- it's an open invitation. I'm sure there are a couple here that can do just that -- but they damn sure aren't the ones losing their mind about what virtually amounts to a forced transfer of our worst scholarship player.

I used to like your posts, but lately you've become this entitled "I'm better and smarter than everyone", person that people would rather avoid than get into a discussion with. It's "Engie spoke, anyone that doesn't agree is a moron" with you...and it's lame. Just saying what many other have wanted to say. And since you like bringing up PM's, I have the ones that show I'm speaking for others.
You call what I say "douchey" -- then come with that? LOL. You think I care what anyone on here "thinks" of me? Seriously? News flash bud -- it isn't a popularity contest to me -- and never has been. Why do you think I wasn't one of the original showrunners of this site when I knew of it's impending existence for months before it launched? Why do you think I haven't proceeded with an offer to an exclusive forum on here to database my numbers on stuff?

I'll tell you why. Because I like being independent and doing my own thing -- and not being tied to any one group of fans -- or any form of group think. The fact that it seemingly rustles your jimmies so badly is of no consequence to me.

The fact is -- my posting style has NEVER changed actually. I've ALWAYS gone for the jugular on stuff -- and always been fully vested in my opinions on stuff when I care enough to give them. People love me when they agree and hate me when they are on the receiving end of it. Simple fact of life. You loved it when you agreed -- and now that you don't, not so much.

You aren't always right..,and you're wrong to act like everything is just great with our bball recruits bc you have no proof yet. And nobody said "sky is falling" by the way...but feel free to spin away. I've said all I care to say.
Never said I was always right. But I know that what I've been told by whom gives me a MUCH higher percentage chance of being right than people talking out of their ass with no actual information on the topic whatsoever -- which is what you are doing.

And a hefty percentage of this thread is literally acting as if the sky is falling because the 13th best player on our team left. Including you. You don't have to say "the sky is falling" for that to be reasonably inferred as your actual opinion.

Raytoraid83
05-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Some more not so encouraging news from Twitter as Diamond Jones says him and Malik Newman are a 'package deal' . Unfortunately we are not one of the schools on his radar.

Yep I was told Brooks feels like he is being played by Horatio and our chance of getting him now is zero.

Goat from MSU
05-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Who cares , no who really cares after Ray has a subpar season and we don't get Newman . Next year at this time. we be talking about the new coach anyway
I'd love to see these posts about the "newcomers saving the program" that you are conveniently straw manning into your agenda...

4 of 5 starters return to a team that had quality starters -- but lacked depth -- and in the case of PG, lacked experience. And "the newcomers are saving the program" because people project that we'll be a much improved team when filling those holes in depth with a guy in his 4th yr of college, a guy in his 3rd yr of college, and a guy in his 2nd yr of college = "new young guys to save the program"? That's rich.

tcdog70
05-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Engie, Ha, people are finally seeing through your egotistical bullshit. A Wise Man said " It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are and idiot, than open it and remove all Doubt"

engie
05-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Who cares , no who really cares after Ray has a subpar season and we don't get Newman . Next year at this time. we be talking about the new coach anyway

Exactly.

Which is why it's ridiculous to be pushing an agenda right now. Next year will make or break Ray. Simple as that.

tcdog70
05-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Exactly.

Which is why it's ridiculous to be pushing an agenda right now. Next year will make or break Ray. Simple as that.

The main agenda that you push is the "Engie is the smartest M'fer on the Message Boards" simple as that.

CadaverDawg
05-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Some more not so encouraging news from Twitter as Diamond Jones says him and Malik Newman are a 'package deal' . Unfortunately we are not one of the schools on his radar.

We never had a chance in hell. But I'm glad we forced some players out to clear up scholly room.*

JOHNHEVESYMADE
05-17-2014, 01:15 PM
THIS year will make or break Ray. You have got to show significant improvement 3 SEC wins aren't going to cut it.

Dawg61
05-17-2014, 11:02 PM
Nobody gives a shit about losing Davis. What we care about is how Ray responds to that loss of a player suddenly. He has 6 months to get another player yet something tells me he won't. He'll just move forward with the bullets he's got oblivious to the possibility he'll lose even more which history has taught us is almost a certainty. Come game 1 tip our 13 I mean 12 man roster will have been deprived of a few more bodies and we're dressing 10. Then the injuries happen and we're suddenly down to 8 scholarship players again for SEC play. Or Ray could just add another two players right ****ing now and tell Black thanks but no thanks we can't afford to do the wait and see approach with you right now and we'll place you in Juco or have you a scholarship down the road once you get your grades in order. Cue the losers pissed about the idea of yanking Black's rug. The new Tennessee coach just signed 5 players in the last 3 weeks. We can't get a replacement for Davis in the next 6 months. There's something horribly inept with that.