PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

msstate7
05-16-2014, 12:36 PM
If we keep up this pace in recruiting and have the year we're capable of, we're probably gonna have a hard time holding onto coaches.

I'd hate to lose our staff. That said if they leave for promotions at other schools, I think it's a good thing for our program bc hot, young coaches will want to come here.

Thoughts?

maroonmania
05-16-2014, 12:49 PM
On the positive side, while our existing coaches will become more attractive to other programs, our ability to continue to attract good coaches should get much easier.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
If we keep up this pace in recruiting and have the year we're capable of, we're probably gonna have a hard time holding onto coaches.

I'd hate to lose our staff. That said if they leave for promotions at other schools, I think it's a good thing for our program bc hot, young coaches will want to come here.

Thoughts?

If we keep improving our recruiting, there is only a few programs in the country our coaches would leave for. Or the NFL.

This is nothing but positive IMO.

starkvegasdawg
05-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Or we could pony up and keep the good young coaches and really show our commitment to winning.

Todd4State
05-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Or we could pony up and keep the good young coaches and really show our commitment to winning.

We did that with Geoff Collins after the Liberty Bowl.

msstate7
05-16-2014, 12:58 PM
We did that with Geoff Collins after the Liberty Bowl.

Yes we did. I'd like to see him get a HC job when he does leave though.

LC Dawg
05-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Sometimes coaches leave and there's not much you can do about it. GA's want to be position coaches, position coaches want to be coordinaters, coordinaters want to be head coaches. I don't want to lose coaches but it's not always a bad thing. If there's a lot of top DI head coaches and coordinaters who used to be receivers or linebacker coaches at MSU that makes us look really good to recruits and potential top young coaches.