PDA

View Full Version : Soooo we got swept in Oxford, Sandberg wont be coming to State...what else?

Coach34
05-12-2013, 02:39 PM
anybody's family pet get hit by a car this weekend? Any ACL tears water skiing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeI5ke0BENw

msstate7
05-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Not only get swept in Oxford, but I'm predicting ole miss takes our host site.

GiggityDawg
05-12-2013, 02:43 PM
My wife actually did just run over a puppy 5 minutes ago. Now she's really upset...... so there's that...

msstate7
05-12-2013, 02:47 PM
My wife actually did just run over a puppy 5 minutes ago. Now she's really upset...... so there's that...

Kinda like col Reb just ran over bully

Will James
05-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Down goes Pirtle. Down goes Pirtle.

Political Hack
05-12-2013, 03:24 PM
God must've been happy with our sacrifice of the puppy. We're coming back!

msstate7
05-12-2013, 03:26 PM
I laughed

FlabLoser
05-12-2013, 03:52 PM
My wife ran over a squirrel. I hope it was the one that has been eating my outdoor furniture.

Bo Darville
05-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Soooo we got swept in Oxford

Am I missing something? We are currently up by 1. Game ain't over.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Am I missing something? We are currently up by 1. Game ain't over.

You must have just cut on radio/tv. Nostradamus wouldn't have predicted a comeback around the 3rd inning

Bo Darville
05-12-2013, 04:04 PM
You must have just cut on radio/tv. Nostradamus wouldn't have predicted a comeback around the 3rd inning

Been watching the whole game on TV. Didn't predict a comeback, but didn't concede the game either.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Been watching the whole game on TV. Didn't predict a comeback, but didn't concede the game either.

I must admit I gave up. I'm glad the team didnt. Huge win

swdawg
05-12-2013, 04:27 PM
So, who's weak minded??

Bo Darville
05-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Baseball is a funny game. There is no clock, so you can score an infinite amount of runs. One thing I have learned, especially in college baseball on Sunday, is that no lead is safe.

I did not predict a comeback, but I knew it was far from over.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 04:33 PM
So, who's weak minded??

I suppose me. I'm sure you predicted a win. Probably got it straight from the great prophet Barack Obama himself

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 04:35 PM

Well I've been pumping sunshine since we lost yesterday...and even I gave up in this one. Glad the team didn't. HUUUUGE win.

Coach34
05-12-2013, 04:46 PM
I came in from doing yardwork, heard it was 6-0, and immediately turned it back off

What a damn comeback

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 04:54 PM
I came in from doing yardwork, heard it was 6-0, and immediately turned it back off

What a damn comeback

Yep. By the way Coach, nice job with your tweet that stirred up the Bears. They don't realize that by responding to you they are showing just how much us ruining their series win today bothered them. I love it.

That's the type of loss that makes you feel like you lost the series if you're Ole Miss.

Ronny
05-12-2013, 04:55 PM
..Sandberg is probably pulling his U-Haul up to the Starkville Exxon even as I type this.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 04:58 PM
..Sandberg is probably pulling his U-Haul up to the Starkville Exxon even as I type this.

I would love to be wrong about him too.

swdawg
05-12-2013, 05:00 PM
No, I didn't make a prediction, but I didn't give up either, or slam the team as weak minded. And to your last remark...Really??

I suppose me. I'm sure you predicted a win. Probably got it straight from the great prophet Barack Obama himself

Ronny
05-12-2013, 05:02 PM

Obama is not a prophet, he is an Imam. An Islamic holy man.

Remember he is a Muslim infiltrator born in Kenya, but rumored to have been born in Hawaii where nobody ever issued him a long form birth certificate.

Hate to bring the political stuff over here, but at least get your facts right.**

msstate7
05-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Obama is not a prophet, he is an Imam. An Islamic holy man.

Remember he is a Muslim infiltrator born in Kenya, but rumored to have been born in Hawaii where nobody ever issued him a long form birth certificate.

Hate to bring the political stuff over here, but at least get your facts right.**

Thanks for the clarification.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Well, I didn't kill a puppy, BUT when I saw that we were down 5-0, I decided to go run some errands. So, I'm out buying my Mom something for Mother's Day, and the next thing I know, we are down 6-4. So, I then realize I just need to stay away from my house, so after driving around the reservoir roughly six times the game finally ended with us winning.

I got into one of those superstitious zones. I would check twitter every five minutes, and every time I did- "Bracewell sets them down in order again."

That said it COULD have been the puppy.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 06:18 PM

Rally Puppy!

bgdog
05-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Well, I didn't kill a puppy, BUT when I saw that we were down 5-0, I decided to go run some errands. So, I'm out buying my Mom something for Mother's Day, and the next thing I know, we are down 6-4. So, I then realize I just need to stay away from my house, so after driving around the reservoir roughly six times the game finally ended with us winning.

A true Bulldog.

Also are people sure about sandberg not coming or is that just the message board consensus for the week?

msstate7
05-12-2013, 06:32 PM
A true Bulldog.

Also are people sure about sandberg not coming or is that just the message board consensus for the week?
Based on mock drafts I believe

maroonmania
05-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Well I've been pumping sunshine since we lost yesterday...and even I gave up in this one. Glad the team didn't. HUUUUGE win.

Actually now our last 3 SEC wins have all been of the cardiac comeback variety with this one obviously being from the biggest deficit. I'm really glad we have that capability BUT we have GOT to start getting better quality starts so we don't have to come back late for every win we get.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 06:44 PM
A true Bulldog.

I don't think anybody is "sure", but Sandberg's draft stock has been rising lately. I'd say based on the mock drafts I've looked at, he appears to be a second round pick. He is consistently rated around the top 50-60 picks. That would mean his slot is about 750-900K depending on where he is actually drafted. From what I have heard, the Mets seem to be the most interested in him, and they tend to like to take high school kids high in the draft historically- Strawberry, Gooden, Wright, etc.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't think anybody is "sure", but Sandberg's draft stock has been rising lately. I'd say based on the mock drafts I've looked at, he appears to be a second round pick. He is consistently rated around the top 50-60 picks. That would mean his slot is about 750-900K depending on where he is actually drafted. From what I have heard, the Mets seem to be the most interested in him, and they tend to like to take high school kids high in the draft historically- Strawberry, Gooden, Wright, etc.

So if he's a 2nd rounder, do you think he signs?

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 07:02 PM
So if he's a 2nd rounder, do you think he signs?

I think he will go pro in baseball if he is drafted in the second round.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I think he will go pro in baseball if he is drafted in the second round.

I do too and it sucks bc he probably will be

State82
05-12-2013, 07:12 PM

I got into one of those superstitious zones. I would check twitter every five minutes, and every time I did- "Bracewell sets them down in order again."

That said it COULD have been the puppy.

You sound like me with that superstitious zone. I won't listen or watch, just peek from time to time. Another thing, you pushed that Mother's Day shopping to the last minute didn't you?

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 07:31 PM
You sound like me with that superstitious zone. I won't listen or watch, just peek from time to time. Another thing, you pushed that Mother's Day shopping to the last minute didn't you?

I like living on the edge.

Coach34
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
A true Bulldog.

Sandberg is projected in the top 60- if that happens there is no way in hell he comes to State- the 60th draft slot gets about 875K...he's not coming to State

state66
05-12-2013, 09:18 PM
How accurate are baseball mock drafts? If its anything like the NFL draft this year where they got like 2 picks right out of the 32 in the first round I feel optimistic these baseball predictions could be wrong and maybe just maybe sandberg falls.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 09:27 PM
How accurate are baseball mock drafts? If its anything like the NFL draft this year where they got like 2 picks right out of the 32 in the first round I feel optimistic these baseball predictions could be wrong and maybe just maybe sandberg falls.

They're about as accurate as any other mock draft out there. You have to take it for what it is. Jonathan Mayo is the most accurate guy as far as the draft goes because he talks to GM's- the guys that actually make the final call. And he doesn't really have a mock draft. He just ranks players 1-100. He has Wahl at 28, Renfroe at 57 and Cord at 64.

I do think you can get a general idea of where a guy is going to go based on them.

Coach34
05-12-2013, 10:09 PM

I havent seen anything that has him even close to falling to the 90th or so- and that's how far he would have to drop just for us to even sniff having a chance

msstate7
05-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I havent seen anything that has him even close to falling to the 90th or so- and that's how far he would have to drop just for us to even sniff having a chance
Unfortunately the only way I think he ends up at state is if he's injured (I don't wish that on him), team drafts him that he doesn't wanna play for, or drafting team offers bad contract. All are longshots -- he's gone...

bgdog
05-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Thank you

swdawg
05-12-2013, 11:52 PM
You know, you could change the title of the post now, but I guess the rest of your post wouldn't be so effective. Just a thought...