PDA

View Full Version : Lingo

sbcmortgageman
05-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Since he pitched 1 2/3 yesterday and 5 on Sunday, does he have any sugar left in his tank this weekend? If Ross needs any relief I feel better with Lingo. I think tonight we start Briwn with Bracewell and Tatum in relief. Thoughts?

I seen it dawg
05-16-2014, 06:12 AM
He only threw 16 pitches last night so he should be good to go. We go Ross and hopefully he gets deep then follow with Holder. Go Laster Lingo and staff Saturday.

MarketingBully01
05-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Since he pitched 1 2/3 yesterday and 5 on Sunday, does he have any sugar left in his tank this weekend? If Ross needs any relief I feel better with Lingo. I think tonight we start Briwn with Bracewell and Tatum in relief. Thoughts?

No, no Brown this weekend in my opinion. I say we start Mitchell tonight and Laster on Saturday. Laster deserves the third slot after the way he has been pitching. Brown obviously is still hurt. I'd go ace for ace today. No sense in giving them a win if you don't have to.

RTO Dawg
05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
No, no Brown this weekend in my opinion. I say we start Mitchell tonight and Laster on Saturday. Laster deserves the third slot after the way he has been pitching. Brown obviously is still hurt. I'd go ace for ace today. No sense in giving them a win if you don't have to.

Friday Laster and the kitchen sink

Sat Mitchell and what's left

MarketingBully01
05-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Friday Laster and the kitchen sink

Sat Mitchell and what's left

Why is everyone not thinking we will pitch Mitchell tonight? He has been our second game starter basically the whole year. I think we pitch Mitchell tonight and Laster on Saturday. Why screw ourselves if we don't have to.

Dawghouse
05-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Why is everyone not thinking we will pitch Mitchell tonight? He has been our second game starter basically the whole year. I think we pitch Mitchell tonight and Laster on Saturday. Why screw ourselves if we don't have to.

He's been our Saturday starter all year. Mitchell might like pitching every 7 days versus coming back in 6. I have no idea if it's true but that is the common thinking on why Mitchell might pitch Saturday.

maroonmania
05-16-2014, 09:22 AM
He's been our Saturday starter all year. Mitchell might like pitching every 7 days versus coming back in 6. I have no idea if it's true but that is the common thinking on why Mitchell might pitch Saturday.

I would definitely go Mitchell on Saturday myself. Not only does he seem to pitch better on Saturdays with the full 7 days but also, for whatever reason, seems to pitch better in the daytime. Fri is a 6:05 start whereas Saturday is a 3:05 start. I could see it either way though. Pitching Mitchell Saturday would seem to give us the best chance of winning 2 out of 3 whereas pitching him tonight likely provides the best percentage chance of a sweep. If Mitchell beats Turnbull tonight we will have already beaten Bama's best, however if we use Mitchell tonight and he loses to Turnbull we will be very shaky on Saturday pitching wise trying to win the rubber game.

MarketingBully01
05-16-2014, 10:06 AM
I would definitely go Mitchell on Saturday myself. Not only does he seem to pitch better on Saturdays with the full 7 days but also, for whatever reason, seems to pitch better in the daytime. Fri is a 6:05 start whereas Saturday is a 3:05 start. I could see it either way though. Pitching Mitchell Saturday would seem to give us the best chance of winning 2 out of 3 whereas pitching him tonight likely provides the best percentage chance of a sweep. If Mitchell beats Turnbull tonight we will have already beaten Bama's best, however if we use Mitchell tonight and he loses to Turnbull we will be very shaky on Saturday pitching wise trying to win the rubber game.

You go for the sweep since you are trying to win a championship. Also, the seven days rest thing is bull shit. We are about to go into tourney season where he is going to have to get used to going on a lot less rest then 7 days. Besides he has a rubber arm so I don't think the 7 days rest thing holds water. I say pitch him tonight against Turnbull and we go for the sweep tomorrow.

Steakonastick
05-16-2014, 12:20 PM
You do not throw Mitchell tonight. Let him stay on Saturdays. He has shown all year when you mess up his schedule he is not near as effective.

We bumped him up a day vs ole miss. Only had six days to rest and he gives up 6 runs. We bumped him up again on 6 days rest vs a&m and he gives up 5 runs.

So far this year in sec games:
Ross on short rest (2 games) 11 runs
Ross 7 or 8 days rest (7 games) 8 runs

MarketingBully01
05-16-2014, 12:42 PM
You do not throw Mitchell tonight. Let him stay on Saturdays. He has shown all year when you mess up his schedule he is not near as effective.

We bumped him up a day vs ole miss. Only had six days to rest and he gives up 6 runs. We bumped him up again on 6 days rest vs a&m and he gives up 5 runs.

So by your logic Mitchell will suck in the post season because he is not going to pitch next week on Saturday nor in the regional on a Saturday. He still pitched the second game against A&M so I wouldn't count that at all. His rotation is the second game. The only thing that would mess up his routine would be pitching the third game. I say pitch him today and go for the sweep. Also, if you pitch him today he will be more ready for the second game in the SEC tournament which could be Wednesday or Thursday depending on how we finish the weekend. Also, he has done much better on the road then at home. Two of those starts you mentioned happened at Dudy Noble Field. I doubt he really is that affected by having to have a full week off.

Todd4State
05-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Ross is probably going to pitch tonight from what I have heard.

Steakonastick
05-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Anywhere in my post did I say he would suck post season. No I said he has shown regular season when we bump him up a day to start he is not near as effective. You throw him tonight and he pitches like he did vs ole miss and a&m we will loose the next two games.

Todd4State
05-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Anywhere in my post did I say he would suck post season. No I said he has shown regular season when we bump him up a day to start he is not near as effective. You throw him tonight and he pitches like he did vs ole miss and a&m we will loose the next two games.

We certainly could lose tonight if Ross is off. I have a lot of faith in Laster- assuming they don't start Preston Brown.

It's a tough decision.

MarketingBully01
05-16-2014, 01:19 PM

We didn't move him up a day against A&M that is where he fell into the rotation. The Ole Miss game we had him in the first spot in the rotation. What you did state is that when he is not in his routine he is not as effective which the post season is not like the regular season. I disagree with you. I don't think that had anything to do with routine. If I am not mistaken around that period for both games was when his grandfather was sick and had died by the A&M games. I think I would cut him some slack for those two bad performances.

Alabama's ace is going tonight and I think in order for us to win we can't give up many runs. Mitchell gives us the best chance of that happening. I think Laster will beat whoever they throw tomorrow so by pitching Mitchell here you are putting yourself in the best chance for a sweep. That is all I will say about that.

Steakonastick
05-16-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm expecting Preston to go since they are so right hand dominant

MarketingBully01
05-16-2014, 01:24 PM
We certainly could lose tonight if Ross is off. I have a lot of faith in Laster- assuming they don't start Preston Brown.

It's a tough decision.

Is Brown even fully healed? I thought they had learned with the Tennessee game that you can't start Brown unless he is fully healed. I would start Laster on Saturday.

Steakonastick
05-16-2014, 01:37 PM
I just hope we are patient at the plate tonight. Their ace will walk batters and usually only lasts 5-7 innings. Let's work the count and get his pitch count up.

MarketingBully01
05-16-2014, 01:39 PM
I agree with that. If we can take the same approach at the plate we had last night, we should be successful.

messageboardsuperhero
05-16-2014, 01:43 PM

This is why I'd like to see us save Ross until tomorrow.