PDA

View Full Version : Saw this topic on the Caveman Site..... But Damn...

RougeDawg
05-15-2014, 11:51 PM
They are proposing some European Soccer type chants for our football games.........

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy soccer and the chants that come along with it but American football and unique Universities should be left alone in this respect, unless they develop one subconsciously.

As I said over on the stone age pack, how can we ever expect our stadium to perform a chant in unison, when we cant even get half of the blue hairs to stand up and yell on a crucial 3rd and whatever for our defense? Until we can change the attitude of our "Gameday is A social event, getaway day" into a "We Better ****ing Win Today" attitude, we'll never be able to get a stadium chant going. Our older fans go the game because it's "SOMETHING TO DO" win or lose. Wins and losses don't really affect them. I go to the games to see friends, but expect us to win no matter the opponent. I don't play any game just to participate, I ****ing play to win..... That's the mentality we need to change with our older alumni and supporters. I'm no spring chicken but I play to win.

I say we start with getting the Blue Hairs to stand and yell on 1st and 2nd down for our defense before we ask them to start a chant like song in unison.

Le Big Mac
05-16-2014, 12:27 AM
There's no way we will get a new chant started. It will just get drowned out by cowbells every time. Why would your "blue hairs" want to stand up and chant when they can sit down and ring their cowbell and be just as loud?

I personally think it would be cool to come up with some new chants. The maroon white one is getting old.

ClancyDawg
05-16-2014, 06:42 AM
It's the students that need to get their act together.

AFDawg
05-16-2014, 06:49 AM
"They" is one guy who was universally panned.

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 07:28 AM
they do soccer chants at the Ravens games... where they care about winning a lot... and historically have a really good defense.

Ohhhhhhhh-laaaaaaaaaaaaay, O-lay, O-Lay, O-Laaaaaaaaaaaay, Oooooooooh-Laaaaaaay, Oh-Laaay.

DawgHouseUnited
05-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Saw this cool chant for the US Men's Soccer team.
http://youtu.be/a71C2pg9UPs

CottonDog
05-16-2014, 08:17 AM
It wont catch on. Regardless if it is a good idea or not. They tried to get "First down" and in return "Hail State" from the crowd, but you can never hear it.

MaxedOutMaroon
05-16-2014, 08:22 AM
If we could chant like European soccer fans, it would be awesome and nuts! But it's just unrealistic. Proven facts reveal that we are an impatient society (U.S.). We like seeing frequent scores, big plays, etc. hence why soccer is not as big. If we are not seeing results, we get frustrated and bored (unfortunately). So chanting when nothing is happening is pretty unlikely. The main reason is pointed out by others. People don't even stand up and cheer here at MSU. I guess they are scared of being judged by the people they do not know.

MaxedOutMaroon
05-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Let me add that I would gladly be wrong. If we start chants I would be ecstatic and participate in them

DawgHouseUnited
05-16-2014, 08:33 AM
It might work if a couple frats got together and did one in the student section. That's the only spot that might have the enthusiasm to pull it off. Otherwise, you'd have the problems already mentioned- older folks who won't participate and competition from cowbells.

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Saw this cool chant for the US Men's Soccer team.
http://youtu.be/a71C2pg9UPs

that's pretty cool. gotta love how sports bring people together.

mic
05-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Goggle the Michigan st "Yes" chant they did at basketball game this year and I think on college basketball game day ..
Out student body could do that and even replace "yes" with "Dak"

Todd4State
05-16-2014, 12:19 PM
The higher ups in the athletic dept. need to stop trying to manufacture atmosphere and chants. Normally, when any established program- I don't care if it's the NFL or MSU- tries to do that, it simply comes off as lame.

Most cheers and chants happen spontaneously.

DawgHouseUnited
05-16-2014, 01:12 PM
The higher ups in the athletic dept. need to stop trying to manufacture atmosphere and chants. Normally, when any established program- I don't care if it's the NFL or MSU- tries to do that, it simply comes off as lame.

Agreed- I think it definitely needs to be fan-driven. Just like that "name the student section" thing they tried a few weeks ago.

Todd4State
05-16-2014, 01:19 PM
Agreed- I think it definitely needs to be fan-driven. Just like that "name the student section" thing they tried a few weeks ago.

Yeah- and the winning entry was "the student section."

They should look at the Bench Mobb that caught on last year. How did that happen? Because Ross, Lindgren, and Evan Mitchell were goofing off and made a rap video. In other words, it just happened.

TXDawg
05-16-2014, 09:02 PM

This actually started following one of Bob's interviews with Mullen. They were on the Road Dawgs Tour and Dan was talking about how much he loves soccer and how great it would be if DWS would do a "soccer-style" chant.

Reason2succeed
05-19-2014, 08:38 PM
I know I'm super late to this post but I would love the Wolf of Wallstreet chant! Other than the fact that the characters snorted coke it would be awesome. http://youtu.be/iggA6dHDK5o

Political Hack
05-19-2014, 09:31 PM
alright alright alright.

jumbo
05-20-2014, 08:36 AM
slight hijack, but I went over to that site for the first time in a while and the design they have now is horrible.