Tbonewannabe
05-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Are these there normal hitters?

Coach34
05-15-2014, 09:33 PM
that's today's college baseball

Tbonewannabe
05-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Just surprised me that a team in the top 10 has 2 hitters like that in the lineup

Todd4State
05-15-2014, 09:37 PM
that's today's college baseball

Ding, ding, ding! As bad as we are, we are still close to the middle of the pack in the SEC and our team batting average is only like 4 points off the league average.

Todd4State
05-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Just surprised me that a team in the top 10 has 2 hitters like that in the lineup

It's an issue with everyone. I was looking at stats for random teams and one team I was looking at was hitting at .240 on the year as a TEAM.

SignalToNoise
05-16-2014, 08:44 AM
It's an issue with everyone. I was looking at stats for random teams and one team I was looking at was hitting at .240 on the year as a TEAM.

Ouch.

Is there not some committee or something that's aware of whats going on, or do they just not give a shit?

Dawghouse
05-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Isn't that what the new ball next year is supposed to help with? My understanding is the new ball should be a good thing for batters since it's going to make pitching a little more difficult.

Bully13
05-16-2014, 09:26 AM
we just flat out need to improve offensively. I'm sure Cohen recognizes the problem. we've got about 6 teams in the SEC that have twice and sometimes 3 times the amount of HR'S, and extra base hits than we do yet we also have more strikeouts than them. then you couple that with bad base running and bunting in questionable situations and you get the picture.

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Isn't that what the new ball next year is supposed to help with? My understanding is the new ball should be a good thing for batters since it's going to make pitching a little more difficult.

it's going to flatten out breaking balls, but if the ball doesn't come off the bat harder I'm not sure it's going to impact things much. People are hitting the ball... they're just getting out more. I think we've bad around 20 HRs in our games this season between us and our opponents. if those hard hit balls keep getting caught at the warning track, it's still going to be very similar to this season IMO. pitching staffs are dominating because the hard hit balls aren't carrying. they aren't paying for their mistakes. I'm not sure strikeouts are up & slugging % is down... it's just batting averages are down.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2014, 09:40 AM
No fear, I'm sure Rougedawg has some drills that could make these hitters hit .300 w power w just a few tweeks.

Political Hack
05-16-2014, 10:37 AM
should make bunting easier too.

HailState39110
05-16-2014, 11:41 AM
I think you will see less strikeouts with the new balls thus creating more offense but I don't think it will help with HRs and power

Todd4State
05-16-2014, 12:25 PM

It will help a little bit- but I'm in agreement with those who think that pitching will still dominate.