PDA

View Full Version : Chason Virgil commits to MSU (football recruit)

Todd4State
05-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Per Paul on twitter.

RougeDawg
05-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Good to hear. Seems like a good kid from what I've read.

ETA: High 3 Star. There's one thing we know about Mullen, he can evaluate coachable QB's with upside. Let's just hope we hang on to him. He has a nice list of offers.

Big4Dawg
05-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Grads in December, good to hear.

ShotgunDawg
05-15-2014, 06:55 PM
We now officially have the best QB situation in the history of our university and possibly our state. Any arguments?

Bothrops
05-15-2014, 06:59 PM
We now officially have the best QB situation in the history of our university and possibly our state. Any arguments?

No arguments, it is a fact.

Coach34
05-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Brian Johnson doing work

MetEdDawg
05-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Brian Johnson. Guy is a stud and I think is going to put us in the ball game consistently with big time recruits. He gets it. Virgil specifically said his relationship with Brian Johnson was big during this process.

Pretty sure we are about to turn a big corner folks. If we can show it on the field this year with 9 or 10 wins, we will have something legit that we might can sustain for a long time because we've got the coaches and recruiters necessary to sustain this thing long term. We've built a defense with solid talent and depth, we've got our QBs for the forseeable future, and we are gathering weapons on the edge. If we can solidify our OL I really think we can make a run at permanently elevating the status and expectations of MSU. Just my opinion but you have to like the pieces we have in place across the board right now.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Hell yes

MabenMaroon
05-16-2014, 06:30 AM
It is very nice to tune in the ESPN family of channels and see the ticker scroll by showing a 4* committed to MSU with offers from the likes of Florida, Auburn, Texas. Coach Johnson and Chason getting us some nice exposure. Also saw where Chason stated he was going to be an active and vigorous recruiter for us as well.

msstate7
05-16-2014, 06:40 AM
It is very nice to tune in the ESPN family of channels and see the ticker scroll by showing a 4* committed to MSU with offers from the likes of Florida, Auburn, Texas. Coach Johnson and Chason getting us some nice exposure. Also saw where Chason stated he was going to be an active and vigorous recruiter for us as well.

Any team mates worth offering?

ckDOG
05-16-2014, 07:24 AM
I'm pretty excited about this guy. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/441236/highlights/15261378

Any time him can get a nicely rated QB from TX it's a great thing. Their QBs and WRs are light years ahead of the high school products coming out of MS. It's amazing how improved our QB situation is. I've do not recall ever having so many options on campus and on recruiting trail. Excellent job by Mullen and Staff.

thunderclap
05-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Any time him can get a nicely rated QB from TX it's a great thing. Their QBs and WRs are light years ahead of the high school products coming out of MS. It's amazing how improved our QB situation is.

Amen and amen.

Johnson85
05-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Pretty sure we are about to turn a big corner folks. If we can show it on the field this year with 9 or 10 wins, we will have something legit that we might can sustain for a long time because we've got the coaches and recruiters necessary to sustain this thing long term. We've built a defense with solid talent and depth, we've got our QBs for the forseeable future, and we are gathering weapons on the edge. If we can solidify our OL I really think we can make a run at permanently elevating the status and expectations of MSU. Just my opinion but you have to like the pieces we have in place across the board right now.

The QB situation is great, but QB has not been our limiting since 2010 at least and arguably since 2009. This year is going to be a lot like 2011 to me. If we avoid injuries on the OL, we have the potential for a monster season, but we are only a couple of injuries away from fighting for bowl eligibility.

engie
05-16-2014, 09:40 AM
The QB situation is great, but QB has not been our limiting since 2010 at least and arguably since 2009. This year is going to be a lot like 2011 to me. If we avoid injuries on the OL, we have the potential for a monster season, but we are only a couple of injuries away from fighting for bowl eligibility.

I don't really see much similarity to 2011 up front. Maybe if Rufus was the starting left tackle at this moment, it would be similar.

There is more quality depth on our OL than we are giving ourselves credit for... With the possible exception of center. I can't believe the amount of people sleeping on Justin Senior when no one even noticed him playing in all 13 and getting a start at left tackle last year(a good thing)...

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2014, 09:45 AM

I agree that we have been OK at QB over the last few years, but there is a difference between being "OK" and actually having a QB that can win a game for you. The QBs we have on campus and committed right now can win games for us.

Pollodawg
05-16-2014, 10:25 AM
This is a good pickup, but this also one that really needs to redshirt. Virgil needs some time in the weightroom and with the playbook. If we throw him out there at the size he is next year, he will be broken in half.

Johnson85
05-16-2014, 10:31 AM
I don't really see much similarity to 2011 up front. Maybe if Rufus was the starting left tackle at this moment, it would be similar.

There is more quality depth on our OL than we are giving ourselves credit for... With the possible exception of center. I can't believe the amount of people sleeping on Justin Senior when no one even noticed him playing in all 13 and getting a start at left tackle last year(a good thing)...

I hope that's right and I assume since we haven't moved Senior to RT, the coaches must feel like we are in good shape there. So maybe if we have an injury at whoever starts at RT Senior can move over and be ready, but still concerning.

dawgs
05-16-2014, 10:42 AM
This is a good pickup, but this also one that really needs to redshirt. Virgil needs some time in the weightroom and with the playbook. If we throw him out there at the size he is next year, he will be broken in half.

Well there's no reason to throw him to the fire as a true fr. We should have a senior dak, Williams, and both QBs signed this past cycle. Unless he's vastly underrated and the next coming of Andrew luck (and even he redshirted), it'd be tough for him to get playing time as a true fr over guys that have been in the program and learned the playbook.

Westdawg
05-16-2014, 10:43 AM

there is very little if any chance that he sees the field next year. That would be mean that Dak is either hurt or left of the draft, Williams is hurt, and Fitz and Staley are hurt……which then means that our season is over anyway.

Seriously, we have the best quality and quantity depth at QB tat the program will probably ever have starting this fall and for the next few years.

spiritual_machine2005
05-16-2014, 10:43 AM

With Fitz, Staley, and Damian in front of him, I see no reason why he wouldn't redshirt.

Pollodawg
05-16-2014, 11:03 AM
I get all of that, but we also didn't redshirt Damian last season and we had a senior TR and a Sophomore Prescott. But, looking back on that, we also didn't have all of the depth there that we do now, so forget the brain fart, guys. lol

Westdawg
05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
no worries, Pollo.

It's FRIDAY !!!

thedawg
05-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Im not sure how all this is going to work out but however it works out it will be good for the Bulldogs.. Damien can play and has Moxie with a cannon of an arm.. He probably will never be the guy because of the talent coming in behind him... But he is better than any QB that Croom put out there. I am a huge Nick Fitzgerald fan. I have heard it come out of Dans mouth that Staley is better than Cam was coming out of high school. Then we follow that up with a high three/ four star out of Texas.. We are set at Qb for a long time

Bully13
05-16-2014, 11:16 AM
This thread is full of justified wool

jumbo
05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
I get all of that, but we also didn't redshirt Damian last season and we had a senior TR and a Sophomore Prescott. But, looking back on that, we also didn't have all of the depth there that we do now, so forget the brain fart, guys. lol

We didn't RS Damian because injuries forced us to play him.

drummerdawg
05-16-2014, 11:47 AM
This thread is full of justified wool

Don't forget there is a good chance at landing Jawon Pass for the next year to add even more quality depth.

engie
05-16-2014, 12:11 PM

We didn't burn Damian's redshirt until Tyler sustained the concussion and was out indefinitely. We had initially intended to redshirt him...