PDA

View Full Version : Adidas and our Logo

ShotgunDawg
05-15-2014, 12:53 PM
I just saw a tweet and noticed something. Since we signed our long term deal with Adidas, has anyone noticed how much more we are seeing the "MS baseball logo" on apparel and being marketed?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnsccrACEAAiJao.jpg:large

Have any apparel companies ever used this logo like Adidas is beginning to?

It makes me wonder if Adidas is slowly using this logo more and more to gauge the reaction?

I wonder if it will ever make it to the football helmets....If we are going to do so many funky uniforms, I'd love to play a game with that logo on the helmets, just to see how it looks

gtowndawg
05-15-2014, 12:57 PM
I just saw a tweet and noticed something. Since we signed our long term deal with Adidas, has anyone noticed how much more we are seeing the "MS baseball logo" on apparel and being marketed?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnsccrACEAAiJao.jpg:large

Have any apparel companies ever used this logo like Adidas is beginning to?

It makes me wonder if Adidas is slowly using this logo more and more to gauge the reaction?

I wonder if it will ever make it to the football helmets....If we are going to do so many funky uniforms, I'd love to play a game with that logo on the helmets, just to see how it looks

We are one of the rare fanbases that spends (good) money on team baseball related goods. I really think that's all there is to it.

ShotgunDawg
05-15-2014, 01:00 PM
We are one of the rare fanbases that spends (good) money on team baseball related goods. I really think that's all there is to it.

Your probably right. I'm just thinking with all the crazy helmet designs we have had in the last few years, it wold seem logical that, at some point, Adidas would just throw the MS logo on the helmet for a special game. And, if it looks good, watch out.

FWIW, it's my favorite MSU logo of all time.

mjh94
05-15-2014, 01:05 PM
I think Scott has made it pretty clear that the M over S will be strictly for baseball only. Cohen was interviewed after the M over S was installed on the scoreboard at DNF and harped again and again how special we are to have a separate logo for baseball that defines baseball only. There would be a lot of opinions flying around it were ever to be used for anything other than baseball... heads would roll in my opinion.

Your probably right. I'm just thinking with all the crazy helmet designs we have had in the last few years, it wold seem logical that, at some point, Adidas would just throw the MS logo on the helmet for a special game. And, if it looks good, watch out.

FWIW, it's my favorite MSU logo of all time.

spiritual_machine2005
05-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Yea. I think it should stay only for baseball.

quickstrike2
05-15-2014, 01:23 PM
I like those, where would one go about buying one?

Bubb Rubb
05-15-2014, 02:47 PM
I think Scott has made it pretty clear that the M over S will be strictly for baseball only. Cohen was interviewed after the M over S was installed on the scoreboard at DNF and harped again and again how special we are to have a separate logo for baseball that defines baseball only. There would be a lot of opinions flying around it were ever to be used for anything other than baseball... heads would roll in my opinion.

I don't know if this was true but was told by someone who would know that Cohen paid for that MS on the scoreboard out of his own money. If true, I really like that.

The Croom Diaries
05-15-2014, 02:56 PM
via Chillbilly

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image//82c163671d3839d980292aec1b4bfc6100ad3841_r.png

Todd4State
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM
When Cohen was first hired, he made it a point to say that he wanted either the MS logo or "Mississippi State" to be on our uniform because he wanted people to know who we were. That's one reason why we went back to the retro uniforms with the all white or the maroon top that say Mississippi State on them like what Will Clark and Palmeiro used to wear and why if we don't wear that, we usually wear something with the MS logo on it like the pin stripes or the cream uniform that Adidas had us wear SBW.

In fact the AssTros uniforms that Adidas is having us wear some right now are the first time since Cohen has been here that we have ever worn anything like that under him.

The Russell Athletic uniforms that we wore at the end of the Polk era were hideous. I will say this about Polk though- he saved the baseball hat logo at least. I'll thank him for that. Allegedly, LT had some up with some M-State hats like what the football team was wearing under Croom to go with the uniforms that we were wearing at the time.

quickstrike2
05-15-2014, 03:37 PM
I was embarrassed for us as a university for having to wear Russell Athletic uniforms. Adidas definitely has there flaws and makes us and A&M look the same, but in the SEC wearing hideous Russell Athletics stuff was horrible. USM is getting to wear some shitastic Russell Athletic baseball and football stuff now.

esplanade91
05-15-2014, 03:41 PM
GT's stuff isn't horrible, but there's a difference in being the face of a franchise and having to wear something out of desperation.

What I've slowly noticed is that we're in a rare group of schools that seems to wear ONLY one brand in baseball. Adidas EVERYTHING. Vanderbilt for example wears Nike apparel, Perfect Game hats, and Wilson everything else. Adidas seems to be hanging their figurative baseball hat on Mississippi State. Good for them, good for us.

dickiedawg
05-15-2014, 03:43 PM
I don't know if this was true but was told by someone who would know that Cohen paid for that MS on the scoreboard out of his own money. If true, I really like that.

My understanding was that he used money in the baseball budget, and didn't ask Stricklin for any extra money. At first it read like he paid for it out of pocket but after rereading I don't think that's the case.

ETA: This from the hailstatebeat story about it:

And it was Cohen himself who had the idea for the big, bright sign, according to Stricklin. When head coach came to athletic director with the proposition, the first thing Stricklin asked, naturally, was “how much will it cost?”

Cohen told him, then followed up by saying he had money in his budget to pay for it himself. It was that important to him.

http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2014/03/21/how-the-m-over-s-sign-came-to-dudy-noble/comment-page-1/

Dawg61
05-15-2014, 04:02 PM
This would look better if the logo was reduced in size imo

ScoobaDawg
05-15-2014, 04:20 PM
via Chillbilly

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image//82c163671d3839d980292aec1b4bfc6100ad3841_r.png

JUST HELL NO. NO NO NO

ScoobaDawg
05-15-2014, 04:23 PM
When Cohen was first hired, he made it a point to say that he wanted either the MS logo or "Mississippi State" to be on our uniform because he wanted people to know who we were. That's one reason why we went back to the retro uniforms with the all white or the maroon top that say Mississippi State on them like what Will Clark and Palmeiro used to wear and why if we don't wear that, we usually wear something with the MS logo on it like the pin stripes or the cream uniform that Adidas had us wear SBW.

In fact the AssTros uniforms that Adidas is having us wear some right now are the first time since Cohen has been here that we have ever worn anything like that under him.

The Russell Athletic uniforms that we wore at the end of the Polk era were hideous. I will say this about Polk though- he saved the baseball hat logo at least. I'll thank him for that. Allegedly, LT had some up with some M-State hats like what the football team was wearing under Croom to go with the uniforms that we were wearing at the time.

I'd believe it. I have been told many times LT had a personal financial interest in that logo being used. SCREW HIM

BulldogBear
05-15-2014, 04:45 PM
via Chillbilly

Won't happen but THIS^ would be awesome. Not sure how I feel about the need to keep baseball a seperate logo, but if we do, that concept is not unique to Mississippi State. More than a few of schools with more than a single word (Michigan, Iowa, Oregon, etc.) for a common name not only have one, but it is similar. ***Auburn doesn't count***

ShotgunDawg
05-15-2014, 05:36 PM
via Chillbilly

The MS on this helmet is entirely too big. That's why it doesn't look great. Use the right size and it probably looks good.

ScottH
05-15-2014, 06:37 PM
The MS on this helmet is entirely too big. That's why it doesn't look great. Use the right size and it probably looks good.

Correct.

It's the stacked MS but not exactly the baseball MS.

It is out of proportion to the baseball MS due to the gray border around it and it's too large for the helmet area its printed on.

Also the helmet stripe probably needs to go or at least needs to be minimized to a single white.