PDA

View Full Version : O.T. have yall seen the video where the cat saves a 4 yr old boy from a dog attack?

Bully13
05-15-2014, 10:31 AM
family security camera catches all the action. my first impression, without all the facts, makes me wonder why a 4 yr old is so close to the street without any parental supervision. the kid did end up with a nasty gash in is his calf that required 10 stitches. the dog (rightfully so) will more than likely be put down. this cat is a girl cat that is a royal ass kicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GQR3Ym5M8

Bully13
05-15-2014, 10:34 AM
here's more of a complete story on it, scroll down and see the cat lying on the little boy's lap. is she not a loving ass kicker; the cat's face says it all? wow.

Bully13
05-15-2014, 10:35 AM
oops

http://www.today.com/news/dog-did-not-know-even-what-hit-him-hero-cats-2D79669571

dawgs
05-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Looked like the mother was in the front yard doing yard work not too far away. She's just not as fast as the cat when the dog grabbed the kid. But he wasn't unsupervised, she just wasn't within the camera frame. And it looked like a pretty tame neighborhood street, not exactly a high traffic/dangerous area.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I would hate to know what would have happened if that Angel Cat hadn't stepped in. That's wild.

mjh94
05-15-2014, 10:55 AM
that's not your standard cat, there. most cats i've ever been around would've watched while bathing itself. that's a badass cat, though. glad he/she was there.

hacker
05-15-2014, 10:59 AM
stolen from a comment elsewhere on the internet:

When asked about his loyalty to the child, the cat replied "What child? I saw a ****ing dog, I acted. Nibbles is looking out for Nibbles."

hacker
05-15-2014, 10:59 AM
aw man, we have a language filter now? :/

MarketingBully01
05-15-2014, 11:04 AM
family security camera catches all the action. my first impression, without all the facts, makes me wonder why a 4 yr old is so close to the street without any parental supervision. the kid did end up with a nasty gash in is his calf that required 10 stitches. the dog (rightfully so) will more than likely be put down. this cat is a girl cat that is a royal ass kicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GQR3Ym5M8

I love cats. They are highly protective. This doesn't surprise me. Glad she was there to chase off that dog.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2014, 11:05 AM
This doesn't surprise me.

Wha?

dawgs
05-15-2014, 11:20 AM
that's not your standard cat, there. most cats i've ever been around would've watched while bathing itself. that's a badass cat, though. glad he/she was there.

We have 2 cats, sisters from the same litter. A friend was over one day and stepped on one of their tails and she screeched. The other cat came flying from the otherside of the room and jumped on the counter to get in his face, fur all bushed out. Cats can definitely be protective and loving just like dogs.

chainedup_Dawg
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Hell, we have an outside cat as well. She is mainly for mice purposes but the damn thing has killed 3 bats and several full grown squirrels, she is a killing machine. With that being said, if it were one of my kids, she probably would've just watched, that heffer hates kids.

MarketingBully01
05-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Wha?

What do you mean, wha? It doesn't surprise me that his cat jumped to his aid to scare off the dog. I thought I was pretty clear when I stated it but that is what did not surprise me.

MarketingBully01
05-15-2014, 11:48 AM
We have 2 cats, sisters from the same litter. A friend was over one day and stepped on one of their tails and she screeched. The other cat came flying from the otherside of the room and jumped on the counter to get in his face, fur all bushed out. Cats can definitely be protective and loving just like dogs.

THIS all day. Cats unfairly get a bad rep about not being loyal but as you saw from the video they can be just as loyal as dogs. We have a Korat and I know if my wife or I were in trouble our cat would come to our aid like this.

Bully13
05-15-2014, 11:53 AM
What do you mean, wha? It doesn't surprise me that his cat jumped to his aid to scare off the dog. I thought I was pretty clear when I stated it but that is what did not surprise me.

I'm going to have to lien towards cadaver's opinion on this one MB. this seemed HIGHLY unusual cat behavior. Thank God it happened though. And you just have to love it. Dogs are many more times likely to rush to the aid of a child or adult than a cat. I love all animals though. even the ones I eat.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Hell, we have an outside cat as well. She is mainly for mice purposes but the damn thing has killed 3 bats and several full grown squirrels, she is a killing machine. With that being said, if it were one of my kids, she probably would've just watched, that heffer hates kids.

They are good at killing snakes too.

MadDawg
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM

Cats are badass hunters/stalkers/killers. Many experts claim the domesticated cat in this country has severely taken a toll on the bird population here.

On a similar note, they say a cat is one generation from being able to go back to completely feral. So if all the humans on earth perished suddenly, the cat population would carry on and be able to hunt and eat it's food. The dogs? Not so much. They would pretty much be wiped out once there are no humans to feed them.

sleepy dawg
05-15-2014, 01:00 PM
How did this turn into a dog vs. cat debate? Just about any animal is capable of attacking or protecting. Stereotypes are usually derived from some truth though. Dogs are naturally more "loyal" than cats, but any animal can be loyal to their owners and family. I'm sure there's many dogs that wouldn't have protected the child the way that cat did, but on average, a dog would be more likely to protect a family member than a cat.

RossDawg82
05-15-2014, 01:04 PM
He seemed a little big for that bike. Maybe the dog found him a new bike that was better suited for his size and wanted to show him. Since they lack communication skills and the dog was obviously excited to bring such joy to this young boy he decided to drag him by the leg to show him his new present. The point being let's not judge the dog based on a video with no sound

mjh94
05-15-2014, 01:10 PM
My dog and cat watch out for each other. If there is a cat in the yard that doesn't belong, my dog goes apeshit and has chased off several cats. Surprised he's not blind for doing it. My cat goes apeshit, hisses and swats at any dog that he doesn't know. Other than that, i get sacrificial gifts years round for the warm garage and the cat food he gets.

Cats are badass hunters/stalkers/killers. Many experts claim the domesticated cat in this country has severely taken a toll on the bird population here.

On a similar note, they say a cat is one generation from being able to go back to completely feral. So if all the humans on earth perished suddenly, the cat population would carry on and be able to hunt and eat it's food. The dogs? Not so much. They would pretty much be wiped out once there are no humans to feed them.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2014, 01:18 PM

Ha, no reason to get upset...I just find it funny that it's "not surprising" to you to see a damn house cat swoop in like a super hero and plow into a manic dog to save an autistic kid that was being attacked. If that shit doesn't "surprise" one, what the **** would?

hacker
05-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Gotta say, the new filter on the F word is lame as ****

HereComesTheSpiral
05-15-2014, 02:11 PM

Shit piss cock balls

Those still work

BulldogBear
05-15-2014, 03:04 PM
They are good at killing snakes too.

Mine brought me 2 foot copperhead in his prime at about six years old. He's an old man now. He'll have to register with selective service later this year.

BulldogBear
05-15-2014, 03:08 PM
The only problem I have with the cat in this video is that while he got the "big hit," he still failed to wrap up and make the tackle. Points for aggression and effective delayed blitz. Demerits on technique. *****

HereComesTheSpiral
05-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Mine brought me 2 foot copperhead in his prime at about six years old. He's an old man now. He'll have to register with selective service later this year.

We had a barn cat that would bring us little cotton mouths when he was a young cat

bulldogcountry1
05-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Cats are good hunters, but all the ones I have known would see that going down and think, "Whatever....my genitals need licking."

Dawg61
05-15-2014, 04:14 PM

Could not agree more. It's the single best descriptive word in the English language. Bring it back please.

smootness
05-15-2014, 04:30 PM
It's the single best descriptive word in the English language.

...which makes it great for people with a tiny vocabulary.

Dawg61
05-15-2014, 04:56 PM
...which makes it great for people with a tiny vocabulary.

Name another word that can be used in so many different ways as that word. The 5% that get offended by it ruin it for the other 95%. That's not uncommon though. Those 5% ruin most things for the rest of the 95%. Hey look over there. Those people are having fun. How can the 5% ruin it for them this time?

Dawgcentral
05-15-2014, 06:18 PM
My cat is 16 years old and a BadAss. He spent most of his life outdoors as a youngster. Beat the crap out of the Toms, hung out in a slew at the reservoir and killed snakes and nutria, and can still jump up on the back of the couch from the ground. All this even though I had him fixed at the earliest opportunity when he was a kitten.

He has his war wounds and ain't what he once was, but he costs $1.50 a week to feed, and I'm glad to see he's taking it easy in his last years. Wouldn't trade him for any dog, even though dogs are really cool.

sleepy dawg
05-15-2014, 07:52 PM
My cat is 16 years old and a BadAss. He spent most of his life outdoors as a youngster. Beat the crap out of the Toms, hung out in a slew at the reservoir and killed snakes and nutria, and can still jump up on the back of the couch from the ground. All this even though I had him fixed at the earliest opportunity when he was a kitten.

He has his war wounds and ain't what he once was, but he costs $1.50 a week to feed, and I'm glad to see he's taking it easy in his last years. Wouldn't trade him for any dog, even though dogs are really cool.

Would you trade him for any cat? I bet not. Again, I have no idea why this has turned into a knife fight of which is better, cats or dogs. Most people's cats or dogs are family members.

Bothrops
05-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Cats are a lot more territorial than dogs. I've had both and notice that cats have more obsessive compulsive behaviors when it comes to territory. Look how their wild relatives constantly patrol their boundaries, killing trespassers. House cat behavior is no different from that of a lion or a tiger. They just can't dominate like their cousins.

BulldogBear
05-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Just found out dog owner has been given choice to send dog through some particular training program or have it put down. My wife said she saw a pic of the boy's leg and it's nasty. Cat's name is Tara, pronounced Tah-ra

smootness
05-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Name another word that can be used in so many different ways as that word. The 5% that get offended by it ruin it for the other 95%. That's not uncommon though. Those 5% ruin most things for the rest of the 95%. Hey look over there. Those people are having fun. How can the 5% ruin it for them this time?

First, I said nothing about being offended. I said that if someone uses it in so many instances, it simply means they have a small vocabulary.

But welcome to the world of curse words. They're all similarly 'expressive'. If some people didn't like them, or it wasn't seen as 'wrong' on some level, then it wouldn't be so 'fun' and 'exciting' to use them. You would just sound dumb for using the same word for so many different things.

But hey, I love saying the n-word. What a drag that some people don't like it, it really ruins the fun. By the way, I use it as a noun, a verb, an adjective, and an adverb. It's so expressive***