PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why...

preachermatt83
05-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Ross Mitchell is not listed as the starter for this weekend's series? Both Friday and Sat says TBA. My guess is that Ross doesn't throw well on Friday nights for some reason so Cohen is leaning towards throwing him the Saturday game. It will be out of rotation but it will also be putting Ross where he is used to pitching which is Saturdays. This is what I am hoping is the issue but if so why not just list him as Sat starter? Just hoping someone will shed some light and verify my thoughts.

Goat Holder
05-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Ross Mitchell is not listed as the starter for this weekend's series? Both Friday and Sat says TBA. My guess is that Ross doesn't throw well on Friday nights for some reason so Cohen is leaning towards throwing him the Saturday game. It will be out of rotation but it will also be putting Ross where he is used to pitching which is Saturdays. This is what I am hoping is the issue but if so why not just list him as Sat starter? Just hoping someone will shed some light and verify my thoughts.

You answered your own question.

Todd4State
05-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Ross statistically speaking pitches better on Saturday, as you said. I think they feel like it's more of a routine/rest thing with him more than anything.

I think they are trying to decide what would be better to do because Laster pitched quite a bit on Sunday. I suspect we will see Fitts on Thursday, Preston Brown on Friday- although I don't agree with that, and would go with Laster personally, and then Ross on Saturday.

DawgSaint
05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
I also think you answered own question, but I love the fact Ross will be pitching final game of series.

State82
05-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Not sure who I would run out there Friday night, but I definitely would like to see Ross held to his normal day, Saturday. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cohen/Thompson pencil him in for Friday either. It's a tough call, but whatever, we need to pull out all stops to get that first round bye next week at Hoover. If we do that I will be satisfied, all things considered.

ClancyDawg
05-14-2014, 08:38 PM
If we can win tomorrow without using Lindgren (or if we get down a ton) we should save Ross till Saturday. If we have to use Lindgren tomorrow then Ross has to go Friday.

Todd4State
05-14-2014, 10:41 PM
If we can win tomorrow without using Lindgren (or if we get down a ton) we should save Ross till Saturday. If we have to use Lindgren tomorrow then Ross has to go Friday.

We need Trevor to go 7 if he goes Thursday.

Thing is this though- Alabama is starting a freshman on Thursday, Turnbull their best pitcher on Friday, and then Kamplan on Sat.

I think we should go with Brown on Thursday knowing that he is fresh, then go with Fitts/Lindgren against Turnbull and then go with Ross on Sat. If Brown struggles again, I'd go ahead and put Bracewell in and hope that our offense will wake up against their freshman long enough until we can get Holder out there.

preachermatt83
05-15-2014, 12:45 AM
We need Trevor to go 7 if he goes Thursday.

Thing is this though- Alabama is starting a freshman on Thursday, Turnbull their best pitcher on Friday, and then Kamplan on Sat.

I think we should go with Brown on Thursday knowing that he is fresh, then go with Fitts/Lindgren against Turnbull and then go with Ross on Sat. If Brown struggles again, I'd go ahead and put Bracewell in and hope that our offense will wake up against their freshman long enough until we can get Holder out there.

I agree completely, but Fitts has been named the starter for Thurs.

Todd4State
05-15-2014, 12:54 AM
I agree completely, but Fitts has been named the starter for Thurs.

True- but until its game time, we can't count rule out #Cohening

ClancyDawg
05-15-2014, 06:51 AM
I see where we are listed on ESPN3 tonight. That won't be blacked out for any reason will it?

RougeDawg
05-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Is anyone factoring in LSU playing Auburn this weekend. It's on the plains but LSU will most likely sweep. If I'm not mistaken, we must win 2 this weekend to eliminate all chances of them passing us in standings this weekend. Game 1 is critical. Who is catching will probably be the deciding factor in tonight's game. Seems like the one position that's influenced our W/L record the most this year.

HailState39110
05-15-2014, 10:06 AM
I would throw Ross Saturday then not even use him in the SECT or Lingdren or Holder for that matter . I think we are a solid two seed and nothing we can do will really change that .

dickiedawg
05-15-2014, 10:48 AM
It makes sense to pitch Ross Saturday since that's what he's used to. I was kind of hoping to see Ross vs. Turnbull on Friday- that would be a matchup worth driving over to watch.
Though if Ross were to lose Friday, our odds of winning the series go way down.

CadaverDawg
05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
I'd let it all hang out...

Fitts, with Lindgren and Holder if needed on Thursday
Ross, with Lindgren and Holder if needed Friday
Laster, with Bracewell/Brown/Ross/Lindgren/Holder if needed on Saturday

Sweep em and then rest all week***