PDA

View Full Version : Saw a 10 footer at the Reservoir yesterday

CadaverDawg
05-14-2014, 11:50 AM
I went out on the water yesterday evening, and then went over to dogwood to pick up dinner with my wife. On the way back across the spillway, I saw what I thought was a long log....but it had me curious, so I turned around and went back across 4 times until I could pull over and get a good look. It was a gator that was at least 10 feet or so, and it was right by where we had gotten in the water about 45 minutes earlier. There were wake boarders skiing about 100 yards from it. This dude was a beast, and looked to be just sitting there hunting. He wasn't scared of the constant boat traffic or cars right there at the spillway. Kinda creepy.

Anywho, here's a few pics I shot...and I got a good video that shows his whole body. There's another foot or 2 of length behind what you can see in these pics. Hope they show up...

BeastMan
05-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Those are big scary animals. They can definitely do some damage

DawgSaint
05-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Those wake boarders apparently didn't know they were a few yards way from their own "wake"

CadaverDawg
05-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Those wake boarders apparently didn't know they were a few yards way from their own "wake"

Well played

+1

chainedup_Dawg
05-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Never understood why wakeboarders and skiiers would want to e in the water with those things. There is a stretch of river on the Tombigbee that I know of at least 8 different gators and wakeboarders, skiiers, and people on tubes go through there every weekend. You won't catch my ass in that water!