PDA

View Full Version : Interesting APR Penalty for Oklahoma State

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2014, 11:24 AM
http://newsok.com/article/4815744

Does this mean that Ok State can only practice 4 days a week during football season?

Or, does this mean that Ok State can just have a "voluntary" practice on Fridays?

How would you handle this if you were Gundy?

FISHDAWG
05-14-2014, 12:03 PM
make those guys start hitting the books or get rid of the folks that are pulling them down would be my guess .... missing a day of practice each week of the season would be huge

Martianlander
05-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Didn't realize there was such a severe penalty. Should get some coaches attention if this is enforced.

dawgs
05-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Huge penalty. I'd imagine any "voluntary practice" would have to be player run. I highly doubt they'd be allowed to have coach run "voluntary practice".

starkvegasdawg
05-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Huge penalty. I'd imagine any "voluntary practice" would have to be player run. I highly doubt they'd be allowed to have coach run "voluntary practice".

It would be no different than when a manager is ejected from a mlb game. All he does is get just out of sight on the steps. The coaches would just all be hidden up in the press box or in a porta potty.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2014, 04:24 PM
The interesting thing is: I saw a tweet today that said the penalty for an inadequate APR is post season ban. Why wasn't OK State given a postseason ban?

dawgs
05-14-2014, 09:29 PM
It would be no different than when a manager is ejected from a mlb game. All he does is get just out of sight on the steps. The coaches would just all be hidden up in the press box or in a porta potty.

I guarantee you they'll be watched closely for "voluntary" practices. They'd be opening themselves up for a really serious penalty and coaches fired if they were caught sneaking practices.

And making a couple of baseball decisions from the lockerroom and running a full practice in football are pretty much completely different.