PDA

View Full Version : Homerboy, aka OleMissGuy had this to say about Golson's transfer...

blacklistedbully
05-13-2014, 10:55 AM
From his rivals.com post:

"He thinks he is a future NFL Left Tackle star, but has no hope of taking that job away from Laremy Tunsil at Ole MIss. Actually, he wasn't likely to play RT,either. When he played last year, it was always at guard, and he wasn't that effective.

He wants to try somewhere else because he doesn't think he will see the field at Ole Miss at LT.

Why he thinks he will just walk in and play LT for Auburn is puzzling. Gonna bench Shon Coleman?

He is very talented, but no one is going to just hand him the LT job. He will have to compete for it. The players starting at tackle for Ole Miss are clearly better, but then, Golson was a Freshman. Seems to be a rather impatient freshman, though."

blacklistedbully
05-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Just another twist on their infamous, "We didn't want him", "We pulled his offer", "We didn't have room for him" BS they use to explain any and every recruit they don't get.

TrapGame
05-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Ever seen the movie The Fisher King with Robin Williams? He's a crazy homeless guy that lives in his own little surreal fantasy world. I imagine that's what it's like to be an ole miss fan.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2014, 11:10 AM
chasing that golden challis known as the egg bowl trophy

blacklistedbully
05-13-2014, 11:16 AM
chasing that golden challis known as the egg bowl trophy

That they don't really care about that much, except when they rush the field and attempt to tear down the goalpost after a victory.

DawgSaint
05-13-2014, 11:23 AM
These are the same idiots a month ago who said "We're very thin on the OL. If somebody goes down with injury we're in trouble." TSUN can spin anything in their favor. As has been said before...They have Alabama's arrogance with Vanderbilt's trophy case.

M.Fillmore
05-13-2014, 12:02 PM
They have Alabama's arrogance with Vanderbilt's trophy case.

Funny!

GreenheadDawg
05-13-2014, 12:07 PM
I love the quote, " he wouldn't have started at RT anyway". They think if they tell theirselves that enough times it will be true

maroonmania
05-13-2014, 12:12 PM
These are the same idiots a month ago who said "We're very thin on the OL. If somebody goes down with injury we're in trouble." TSUN can spin anything in their favor. As has been said before...The have Alabama's arrogance with Vanderbilt's trophy case.

So from what I gather we are essentially left to believe that Golson was likely not going to start on what most have said is a "very thin" OL at OM because what they have at Tackle is clearly better than Golson but he is still very talented so Auburn took him. Yea, makes perfect sense. Just not enough playing time up there on the plantation with all the super stud blue chippers they have.

TrapGame
05-13-2014, 12:15 PM
...The have Alabama's arrogance with Vanderbilt's trophy case.

I want this on bumper stickers and t-shirts pronto!

Political Hack
05-13-2014, 12:40 PM
DawgSaint wins post of the day.

AlSwearengen
05-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Before the talk of Golsen transferring, the word out of spring camp was that Golsen owned the starting RT position and had done really well.

I can sort of buy the story that Golsen wants to play LT (they make the big bucks in the nfl), but I can also buy Golsen just not liking olemiss and oxford. He and Tunsil were the two most "out of left field" signees they had among that class and he probably didn't do much homework on olemiss or spend any time there.

I am really surprised they didn't come up with another care package to keep him in oxford though and I would love to know how much he took them for on signing day.

BulldogBear
05-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh gimmee a break. Par for the course. BLB and DawgSaint said it best.

See below

codeDawg
05-13-2014, 01:24 PM
The piece this guy is missing is that Pierce Burton was a SR at RT. They had injuries at G and so Freeze was playing his best available talent at G even if he wasn't 'very effective' there. Golson would have definitely started at RT this year and to say otherwise is sour grapes.

Now it's a competition between a guy that got moved to C and a JUCO that wasn't on campus this spring. This should end well for them.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2014, 01:29 PM
They have Alabama's arrogance with Vanderbilt's trophy case.

Beautiful and accurate

http://media.tumblr.com/f3c94163c0c3b46e614734170d41d3ed/tumblr_inline_mso8auuUYb1qz4rgp.gif

thf24
05-13-2014, 01:31 PM
All I could think of as I read that quote is this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sVdXg0aYYw

smootness
05-13-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm sure he wants to play LT, but if Tunsil is the stud most believe him to be, he won't be there more than 2 more years anyway. By transferring, Golson has to sit out next year already and then fight his way through a new depth chart for the possibility of one extra year starting.

If he stayed 4 years, the LT job should be his as a senior. Playing RT for 3 years and then switching didn't turn out too poorly for Jake Matthews.

War Machine Dawg
05-13-2014, 01:59 PM
These are the same idiots a month ago who said "We're very thin on the OL. If somebody goes down with injury we're in trouble." TSUN can spin anything in their favor. As has been said before...The have Alabama's arrogance with Vanderbilt's trophy case.

Epic WIN. Literally the best description of the BearShark fan base of all time. This will never be topped. Someone start putting this on shirts. It will drive them nuts.

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2014, 02:21 PM
So, who will Chris Jones be lining up against in the Egg Bowl?

Vancleave
05-13-2014, 02:36 PM
The truth is Golson's loss has put their coaching staff in full panic mode. They are out of options and are in the process of converting a DL to OL just to have a warm body to plug in if one of the starters go down. Their starting O-line is pretty decent but they have Zero depth, none, nada.

blacklistedbully
05-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I want this on bumper stickers and t-shirts pronto!

Great line, DS!

Something like this?

BossDawg
05-13-2014, 05:50 PM
The have Alabama's arrogance with Vanderbilt's trophy case.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj218/msudawgs1978/DANCING-OLE-MISS-FAN-2_zpsbea9a9d4.gif?t=1400021353

BulldogBear
05-13-2014, 05:55 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj218/msudawgs1978/DANCING-OLE-MISS-FAN-2_zpsbea9a9d4.gif?t=1400021353

La danse de douchepoche

BossDawg
05-13-2014, 06:05 PM
All that excitement over a last minute win against Vandy. I honestly would hate to be around them if they were a legit powerhouse like Bama. I would probably seriously consider moving out-of-state.

mic
05-13-2014, 07:08 PM
DawgSaint wins post of the day.

Of the day ?? Hell of the year...

DistrictDawg92
05-13-2014, 07:34 PM
One might wonder why freeze would release him to another SEC west team? An agreement to keep Golson's mouth shut possibly? Kinda reminds me of the Gary Irvin situation.

DawgSaint
05-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Of the day ?? Hell of the year...

Just telling it like it is!

blacklistedbully
05-14-2014, 09:27 AM
More from homerboy'OleMissGuy:

"I don't know what he is doing but it is not a new thing. He announced his intention to leave at the end of the season last December. Freeze convinced him to stay through the spring and told him he would release him if he still wanted to go somewhere else at the end of spring practice where he would be given every opportunity to earn the position he wanted. Auburn was not the only place he considered. FSU isn't any closer to his grandparents than Ole Miss. They don't own a condo there, either.

I am afraid he mistakenly believes that he is so good that he can start ahead of anybody, anywhere, even those you list. I think he believes he is better than Tunsil and feels he has been mistreated. He has never graded out very well and graded out poorly in the spring game, but he may have still demanded a starting tackle job, or else. Not something you can let players dictate.

By the way, have you ever seen someone release a player to another SEC West school? Unheard of, but Freeze said he would release him if he still wanted to go, so he did. Can't think of an SEC West team that would release a player to us. You think LSU would release a player to go play for Alabama?

Wonder if Auburn's goal was just to get him off our team????? They did that and didn't even have to give him a scholarship. We needed him to play guard where he could have likely started for the next 3 years. Now, he may not ever be heard from again. Bad decision. He may have gotten some bad advice."

blacklistedbully
05-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Folks, this is the same Black Bear who posted on Rivals that the reason Ole Miss struggles to compete in the SEC is because, "their academic standards are so much higher that they can't take the same level athletes as other SEC schools".