PDA

View Full Version : Calling Mississippi "The Sipp". Does that irritate anyone besides me?

whosyourdawgy
05-13-2014, 09:16 AM
It's just one of those things that grates on my nerves for some reason. I can't explain it. But I absolutely hate it. Reed Stringer put in on a tweet this morning is what got me on this.

dickiedawg
05-13-2014, 09:21 AM
I don't think I've heard anyone say that non-ironically.

Yes, I would find that irritating.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2014, 09:22 AM
It's just one of those things that grates on my nerves for some reason. I can't explain it. But I absolutely hate it. Reed Stringer put in on a tweet this morning is what got me on this.

I've actually never heard anyone say that, but if I did, I'd.....

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/441251111.gif

godlluB
05-13-2014, 09:25 AM

Several of our football coaches use it on Twitter too. It irritates me too, but I figured it was just because I'm getting old.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2014, 09:27 AM
I don't even care for "Missippi" - like leaving out the other SS's

Maroonthirteen
05-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Yes, i think it is stupid. But I think the hip-hop/rap culture that has permeated every crevice of the U.S. Culture is extremely irritating.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2014, 09:34 AM
I don't even care for "Missippi" - like leaving out the other SS's

Yeah, I hate that too.

I also hate hearing people refer to the coast as the "228". Seaweed 17's!!*****.

BeardoMSU
05-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Yes, i think it is stupid. But I think the hip-hop/rap culture that has permeated every crevice of the U.S. Culture is extremely irritating.

That has little to nothing to do with this discussion.

desotodawg
05-13-2014, 10:11 AM
About as much as calling Dudy Noble .. 'The Dude'. It's Dudy Noble. Calling it 'The Dude' sounds ignorant and stupid to me.

hailmari
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM
For some reason, the plot of "Footloose" comes to mind here..

starkvegasdawg
05-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Better than landmass.

tcdog70
05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Do Ya'll live under a rock. people been calling it the "Sipp" for years. Why would that irritate you. Maybe you are just constipated

Pollodawg
05-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Doesn't bother me. I've called it that before. Like tcdog said, go get an enema. lol

hacker
05-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Other people may say or do things that you do not agree with. Move on with your life.

Political Hack
05-13-2014, 12:41 PM
it tate's me a lil'.

MSUDawg4Life
05-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Slightly irritating.

When I hear it or see it used, it's usually by a person trying way too hard. So there's a little pity for them too ....

AROB44
05-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Do Ya'll live under a rock. people been calling it the "Sipp" for years. Why would that irritate you. Maybe you are just constipated

I must have been abducted by aliens and just now been returned. I have never heard the "Sipp" before now.

BulldogBear
05-13-2014, 01:06 PM
I actually don't hear it that often but it is mildy irritating.

DudyDawg
05-13-2014, 02:03 PM
About as much as calling Dudy Noble .. 'The Dude'. It's Dudy Noble. Calling it 'The Dude' sounds ignorant and stupid to me.

I think that's stupid to say. I always call it the dude. When you talk about football do you always say "Davis Wade Stadium" or ever call it "Davis Wade"? And do you only go to basketball games in the Humphrey coliseum? Or the hump?

Sipp is gay as hell but the Dude and other stuff like that I have no problem with

scottycameron
05-13-2014, 02:23 PM
I've never heard it but that doesn't surprise me, I'm usually out of the loop. It sounds ghetto to me but it's hard to tell just reading it. The Dude is fine with me. Nerdy but ok.

Maroonthirteen
05-13-2014, 03:01 PM
That has little to nothing to do with this discussion.

What is the orgin of "sipp"? I bet you find it has everything to do with it. Or our coaches wouldn't be usimg the term in their pandering to teenagers.

sleepy dawg
05-13-2014, 06:23 PM
I think that's stupid to say. I always call it the dude. When you talk about football do you always say "Davis Wade Stadium" or ever call it "Davis Wade"? And do you only go to basketball games in the Humphrey coliseum? Or the hump?

Sipp is gay as hell but the Dude and other stuff like that I have no problem with

Was this a serious post? Sipp is gay as hell but the Dude and other stuff like that I have no problem with ....??? I'll say it again... Sipp is gay as hell but the Dude and other stuff like that I have no problem with ... How the **** does that make any sense? They're all stupid..

And yes, I say Davis Wade Stadium, when I say it all. I usually just say something along the lines of "I'm going to the State game". or an answer to the question, "where is the game?" would be "at State".

bulldawg28
05-13-2014, 07:00 PM

BS. It's all the same, a shortened term for the word.

MadDawg
05-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Was this a serious post? Sipp is gay as hell but the Dude and other stuff like that I have no problem with ....??? I'll say it again... Sipp is gay as hell but the Dude and other stuff like that I have no problem with ... How the **** does that make any sense? They're all stupid..

And yes, I say Davis Wade Stadium, when I say it all. I usually just say something along the lines of "I'm going to the State game". or an answer to the question, "where is the game?" would be "at State".

I think in today's culture, to say something is "gay as hell" means that it is the single most awesome thing in the entire world. Just sayin'

LiterallyPolice
05-14-2014, 09:28 AM
I condone the shortening of all words. That's why I call everyone "bro" and call pizza "za". ***

whosyourdawgy
05-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Slightly irritating.

When I hear it or see it used, it's usually by a person trying way too hard. So there's a little pity for them too ....

You know, the guy I know that says this is one of those that tries way too hard. He has alternate names for every damn thing. It's almost hard to comprehend half the shit he says. So maybe that's it. It isn't the Sipp, its the guy that is saying the Sipp that irritates me. But Sipp irritates me because I think of this guy every time I hear it