PDA

View Full Version : Rashun Dixon tweets that he'll be in MS all summer

Harrydawg
05-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Most likely in Starkvile......anybody have an update on what he's been doing and what maybe next?

engie
05-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Rumor is that he may walk on in football -- with MLB paying for his college...

https://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Rashun-Dixon-53114

Harrydawg
05-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Oh my, that'd be good. Can't have too many good DBs

dawggoneit
05-12-2014, 08:47 PM
He did say "most likely in StarkVegas"!!!

msstate7
05-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Give me a Dixon any day. Love anthony

War Machine Dawg
05-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Give me a Dixon any day. Love anthony

+infinity More Dixons be fun, fun, fun!

whosyourdawgy
05-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Rashun was a 4 star DB coming out of Terry right? I remember seeing highlights and hoping the baseball money wasn't too good to make him skip out. Well, now he's what 2-3 years more mature and coming back? Older, wiser, stronger. Let's hope he comes and the rust comes off easily!!!

whosyourdawgy
05-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Damn, in 3 sentences I used a form of come 4 times. That's some grade English right there.

Bully13
05-12-2014, 11:23 PM
"Grinding for my state" and "From Dixon with love" part 2... would like very much

Todd4State
05-12-2014, 11:52 PM
I have only seen him play baseball. When I saw him it was at an All-Star Game and he was easily without a doubt the best athlete there.

Some of the other people at this all-star game included Wes Rea, Demarcus Henderson, Taylor Stark, among others. So- some people that are pretty good athletes.

That was high school and I'm sure he has filled out a little bit now- but I think he could likely step in and play safety some for us and maybe in the coming years he could possibly even bulk up a little bit and play linebacker.

Todd4State
05-12-2014, 11:55 PM
+infinity More Dixons be fun, fun, fun!

One of the biggest knocks on him as a baseball player is he would show up the other team sometimes and they would knock him down or hit him the next at bat. If I remember correctly, Terry and Brandon almost got into a brawl over him showing them up.

Of course in football- we might be looking at a cross between Nikoe Whitley and AD. And as you say- that is going to be fun, fun, fun!

esplanade91
05-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Would be an interesting experiment. I've only ever seen the MLB route with QB's. Never seen a 25/26 year old college DB. That's when athletes' bodies are usually in their prime. Could be a huge get if true.

Todd4State
05-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Would be an interesting experiment. I've only ever seen the MLB route with QB's. Never seen a 25/26 year old college DB. That's when athletes' bodies are usually in their prime. Could be a huge get if true.

BYU?**

Reason2succeed
05-13-2014, 08:27 AM
As long as he doesn't have a sense of entitlement and doesn't mess up the chemistry of the team I say let him compete. You can never have too much speed, talent, and healthy bodies in football.

starkvegasdawg
05-13-2014, 08:38 AM
As long as he doesn't have a sense of entitlement and doesn't mess up the chemistry of the team I say let him compete. You can never have too much speed, talent, and healthy bodies in football.

Something tells me if he tried to do something like that Dan would plant his foot in his butt all the way from campus to Carl Hogan Honda and back. If he has no problem telling 5 stars that are not giving the effort to take a hike I don't imagine he would have much problem telling anybody where the door is.

whosyourdawgy
05-13-2014, 08:45 AM
BYU?**

FYIW he will be 24 this August. 6'2 and 210 was the measurables on the baseball website I looked at.

deltadawg99
05-13-2014, 08:59 AM
We've got nothing to lose by having him join the football team.

He was a stud football player in high school that has been playing pro ball for 6 years. He's still in good shape and it's not like he was just hanging around.

On a side note, it made me cringe going back and looking at the 2008 recruiting class that he was apart of. By my count we had 11 guys that were either a bust, transfer, grade casualty or quit.
Rashun Dixon - MLB draft
Josh Jackson - bust/transfer or quit (can't remember)
Antonio Hoskins - grades
Terrance Davis - quit
Delmon Robinson - quit
Charles Bailey - transfer
Kirkland Gainous - grades
Nelson Hurst - transfer
John Paul Alford - quit
Bo Walters - quit due to injuries
Montario Patterson - transfer

I'm sure some of these guys were run off, but damn.

whosyourdawgy
05-13-2014, 09:11 AM
We've got nothing to lose by having him join the football team.

He was a stud football player in high school that has been playing pro ball for 6 years. He's still in good shape and it's not like he was just hanging around.

On a side note, it made me cringe going back and looking at the 2008 recruiting class that he was apart of. By my count we had 11 guys that were either a bust, transfer, grade casualty or quit.
Rashun Dixon - MLB draft
Josh Jackson - bust/transfer or quit (can't remember)
Antonio Hoskins - grades
Terrance Davis - quit
Delmon Robinson - quit
Charles Bailey - transfer
Kirkland Gainous - grades
Nelson Hurst - transfer
John Paul Alford - quit
Bo Walters - quit due to injuries
Montario Patterson - transfer

I'm sure some of these guys were run off, but damn.

Recruiting has come a long way because the only names I even remotely recognize are Rashun and Delmon Robinson. No clue!

FISHDAWG
05-13-2014, 09:38 AM

pardon my ignorance but is he related to Anthony ?

Dawghouse
05-13-2014, 09:41 AM
pardon my ignorance but is he related to Anthony ?

younger brother

FISHDAWG
05-13-2014, 10:43 AM
thanks ... there's some talent in that family it appears

Harrydawg
05-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Signed a pro baseball contract right out of Terry Highschool - I think he
may have recently failed a drug test and faced some type of
Suspension.

Been playing in the Angels organization I think.

It's time for him to hang em up and do something else.

Irondawg
05-13-2014, 10:58 AM
He just didn't develop very well. Here's minor league page:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=543109

Would love to see him put on the pads again.

Dawghouse
05-13-2014, 12:32 PM
thanks ... there's some talent in that family it appears

4 brothers and all 4 played something after HS.
Antwon signed with us for football but never made it. Looks like he went to Hinds then to Div II
Rashun drafted in 10th round by the A's
Deshun drafted in 10th round by the Rays

mic
05-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a pretty smart kid to me.
Make your money and give the MLB a shot and now looks like he comes back to play sec football.
I know one guy who probably wished he had been that smart.
Rashun Dixon > Senquez Golson

dawgs
05-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Turning 24 this year. Never made it past high A ball. Never hit over .270 of a substantial stretch since low A ball in 2010. K'd around 1/3 of the time. At that point you might as well take a stab at football and see if you can get yourself into the nfl before your prime is gone. Just unlikely any substantial further development after this long in MiLB, definitely not likely to be enough to make it to the bigs.

Jack Lambert
05-14-2014, 08:10 AM
BYU?**

They use to leave and go on their mission's at 19. So that put them 22 to 23 returning to school. Most have already played one year of college football when they left. I think that the church just change the age to 18 that they can leave for their missions.

chainedup_Dawg
05-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Not to be a downer or anything but all I saw was that he was going to be in MS this summer and "likely" in Starkville. What are the odds it is for football and for that matter for State? I saw a guy had asked about suiting up for State but that he hadn't answered either.