PDA

View Full Version : game of thrones: the trial

Political Hack
05-12-2014, 07:46 PM
who else is a Tyrian (sp?) fan? love that guy. cracks me up.

tcdog70
05-12-2014, 08:21 PM
The only good Lanister. The Smartest person in the GOT

bgdog
05-12-2014, 09:29 PM
The only good Lanister. The Smartest person in the GOT

In the books tyrion is the only character smart enough to be straight up terrified of Varys.

SheltonChoked
05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Best character in the books and the series. Also, GRRM's favorite.

Sadest part about his character is that if his dad was not so proud, and vain, Tyrion would have been the perfect heir. He's by far the smartest Lannister, maybe the smartest in Westeros. He loves the Game. He's good at it. And his weaknesses ( whoring) is a consequnce to the things his dad did to him when he found a girl he loved.

Jamie has potential now that he has to think instead of fight. And now that Cercei hates him. I'm looking forward to seeing how much more he develops. (this mean he will die in chaper 1 of Winds of Winter)

I agree with most that Dinkledge just won an Emmy on Sunday night.

Political Hack
05-13-2014, 12:35 PM
I wonder if I'll lose interest when/if Tyrion dies. don't ruin it for me readers...

he, the mother of dragons, and the wall are all that really keep me engaged.

bgdog
05-13-2014, 01:08 PM
I wonder if I'll lose interest when/if Tyrion dies. don't ruin it for me readers...

I can definitely see the novelty of game of thrones wearing off over the next few seasons as more plots and storylines come in and arent fleshed out and the characters become more confusing. The 4th and 5th books aren't that good and this season finishes the 3rd book.

BulldogBear
05-13-2014, 03:22 PM
There is a actually a coffee table type book out that is filled with Tryion quotes. It's called "The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister."

SheltonChoked
05-13-2014, 03:47 PM
That's what I'm afraid of. A lot happens in the next 2 books, but so much of it is with new characters and people. How much are people going to tune in to watch new people?

That being said, I love they guy they have portraying Oberyn Martell. Makes me mad a little. He's way more interesting than he came across in the books. If they can continue to cast like that, should be no problem.

@Halfman isn't a bad Twitter follow either.

bgdog
05-13-2014, 06:12 PM
That's what I'm afraid of. A lot happens in the next 2 books, but so much of it is with new characters and people. How much are people going to tune in to watch new people?

That being said, I love they guy they have portraying Oberyn Martell. Makes me mad a little. He's way more interesting than he came across in the books. If they can continue to cast like that, should be no problem.

@Halfman isn't a bad Twitter follow either.

Also, a lot of what was wrong with the 4th and 5th books was the stupid format. I imagine it wouldn't be the same in the tv shows so it actually might come off a bit better than it did in the books

BulldogBear
05-13-2014, 06:27 PM
They're not gonna split it like in the books. They may mold some of the new characters into existing ones if it doesn't mess with the plot. Why have ABC cut off DEF's head when it's really all ABC does? Just have GHI do it. Stuff like that. Onscreen being a different medium it's even necessary sometimes to present material in a different order and/or way. I think they'll keep it interesting. Remember, they show runners know how it turns out so they know what characters may not be necessary, etc. I think the several different story lines we see now is as complicated as the TV show will get. I think some of them will wrap up sooner so that actors don't have to be paid another season, make room for new storylines, etc.

BulldogBear
05-19-2014, 02:32 PM

So, did you see this coming?:

-Bronn turns Tyrion down to be his champion
-Oberin Martell takes the Imp's cause

Political Hack
05-20-2014, 06:33 PM
So, did you see this coming?:

-Bronn turns Tyrion down to be his champion

no. I thought his brother would find him a way out of it.

Cabo32
05-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Stay tuned PH

bgdog
05-20-2014, 08:01 PM
no. I thought his brother would find him a way out of it.

Just keep watching man the tyrion storyline for the rest of the season is going to be ****ing awesome

tcdog70
05-21-2014, 11:12 AM
the IMP will prevail. Some unseen shit will happen

sandwolf
05-23-2014, 11:13 AM

Really looking forward to seeing this guy throw down with that big bastard.

bgdog
05-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Really looking forward to seeing this guy throw down with that big bastard.

yup.

It doesn't come on this week right. We have to wait until next weekend

BulldogBear
05-23-2014, 11:59 AM
No AGOT this week. It's okay, I'll be watching war movies!!

For you Hack: If Disney did animated Game of Thrones

Click on it for full size pic. For some reason anything I upload is this size till you click on it.

SheltonChoked
05-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Yeah. Not until next week. Just the first of several big event to end this season.

Should be fun.

War Machine Dawg
05-23-2014, 05:39 PM
I cannot wait for #ViperVsMountain. If they do it right, it's going to be EPIC. So sad I have to wait another whole week.

Cabo32
05-23-2014, 11:49 PM
This season has been great so far. I'm pretty sure peter dinklage locked up an Emmy with that trial scene. Also, every scene of the imp in his cell, whether it's been with pod, bronn, the viper, or his brother have been great

bgdog
05-24-2014, 12:00 AM
This season has been great so far. I'm pretty sure peter dinklage locked up an Emmy with that trial scene. Also, every scene of the imp in his cell, whether it's been with pod, bronn, the viper, or his brother have been great

I don't envy the people that have to pick between tyrion walter white and rust cohle

Cabo32
05-24-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't envy the people that have to pick between tyrion walter white and rust cohle

They will have to pick between rust cohle and tyrion...and marty hart. They'll be in the supporting actor category. Peter dinklage won an emmy for the 2nd season. I remember because he beat out walton goggins(boyd crowder).

Walter White will get his final emmy

tcdog70
05-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Ole Rust will walk away with it.

SheltonChoked
06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Probably not what you expected.

BeardoMSU
06-01-2014, 11:58 PM
*******.....I thought I was in need of a drink after the baseball game.....watching GoT isn't the best prescription for when you're already feeling down, lol.

BulldogBear
06-02-2014, 12:03 AM
*******.....I thought I was in need of a drink after the baseball game.....watching GoT isn't the best prescription for when you're already feeling down, lol.

Pretty gruesome ending for Oberyn. In the book he beats his face in with a metal gauntlet but they topped that on the TV show! Just like in the books he whisks in, you just think his character is awesome and then... he's gone. Tyrion still around. I bet PH is getting nervous about him now. That's his fav character.

BeardoMSU
06-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Pretty gruesome ending for Oberyn. In the book he beats his face in with a metal gauntlet but they topped that on the TV show! Just like in the books he whisks in, you just think his character is awesome and then... he's gone. Tyrion still around. I bet PH is getting nervous about him now. That's his fav character.

Yeah, pretty gruesome; I wasn't expecting that. I'm only in the 2nd book so far.
Tyrion is my favorite character by default now...since Robb is dead, lol; I've always liked him though. These last two episodes are gonna be crazy, I'm guessing.

BulldogBear
06-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Yeah, pretty gruesome; I wasn't expecting that. I'm only in the 2nd book so far.
Tyrion is my favorite character by default now...since Robb is dead, lol; I've always liked him though. These last two episodes are gonna be crazy, I'm guessing.

"What do we say to the god of death? .....not today."

As for the rest of this season...

god of Death: "Ummm, sorry ...today."

A lot more twists, turns, and deaths coming... THIS season. Hang on. Gonna a be an intense last two episodes and probably awesome set up for the next. You ought to be caught up reading by next year!

BeardoMSU
06-02-2014, 01:18 AM
god of Death: "Ummm, sorry ...today."

Lol!!!!

You ought to be caught up reading by next year!

Yeah, that was my plan. I fully expect an epic last two episodes.

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 08:55 AM
ho-lee-chit. he popped his head like a water balloon. took me a little while to go to sleep after that one.

I'm pretty jacked about the final two episodes. I think Tyrian sneaks out somehow but nothing would shock me with this show anymore.

DanDority
06-02-2014, 11:51 AM
What I want to know is does Sansa Stark show us what's behind her dress? It looks as if she has made a little turn towards the dark side, siding with that snake little finger.

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 12:12 PM
What I want to know is does Sansa Stark show us what's behind her dress? It looks as if she has made a little turn towards the dark side, siding with that snake little finger.

I don't think she sides with him. I think she bypassed him and is about to rule the roost. She's positioning herself for the throne by way of that little gremlin.

DudyDawg
06-02-2014, 01:23 PM
I knew the whole time Oberyn was going to die once he started celebrating, you could feel it (not read the books yet, but probably will). But who expected him to squeeze his f'n head till it popped!!! That was crazy. I love GoT

DudyDawg
06-02-2014, 01:24 PM
I don't think she sides with him. I think she bypassed him and is about to rule the roost. She's positioning herself for the throne by way of that little gremlin.

Yeah I think she's learned how to play the game and now little finger is her first pawn. She's going to develop into something after the look she gave little finger while lying to save his ass, at least i think. If you've read the books and I'm way off, don't say anything but feel free to laugh at me on the inside

DanDority
06-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah I think she's learned how to play the game and now little finger is her first pawn. She's going to develop into something after the look she gave little finger while lying to save his ass, at least i think. If you've read the books and I'm way off, don't say anything but feel free to laugh at me on the inside

That is a very good point! I agree after reading your two posts, she has learned to play the game of thrones. Now that you mentioned it. Also, if you have read the books, don't tell or ruin it for us that have not read them, thanks.

SheltonChoked
06-02-2014, 02:09 PM
As I said before, there are still some big things to happen before this season ends.

Oberyn was a way better character in the show than the book.

DanDority
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
I know I maybe the only one, but I don't want to see the mother of dragons end up being queen, however, that's the only way I see it going.

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I know I maybe the only one, but I don't want to see the mother of dragons end up being queen, however, that's the only way I see it going.

it would make more sense for her to die along with the last dragons left on earth. It would make sense for John Snow to end up being critical in delivering a beast army to one of the claims to the throne. Eventually the Dragon Queen and the army marching on the wall will have to face off or be destroyed when attacking kings landing. I don't see any other way for either of those army's to die.

Cabo32
06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
“Elia of Dorne,” they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. “I killed her screaming whelp.” He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. “Then I raped her.” Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. “Then I smashed her ****ing head in. Like this.” As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch. Ellaria Sand wailed in terror, and Tyrion’s breakfast came boiling back up. He found himself on his knees retching bacon and sausage and applecakes, and that double helping of fried eggs cooked up with onions and fiery Dornish peppers.

This is how the book explained the head popping

BeardoMSU
06-03-2014, 01:03 AM
“Elia of Dorne,” they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. “I killed her screaming whelp.” He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. “Then I raped her.” Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. “Then I smashed her ****ing head in. Like this.” As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch. Ellaria Sand wailed in terror, and Tyrion’s breakfast came boiling back up. He found himself on his knees retching bacon and sausage and applecakes, and that double helping of fried eggs cooked up with onions and fiery Dornish peppers.

This is how the book explained the head popping

Fu......ck.......

Thanks for that, Cabo.

Cabo32
06-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Yeah man. I like the show much more than the books. They're are a few episodes I wont watch again and the last episode is one of them.

DanDority
06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
For those that have read the books and or have more knowledge than I.
Just out of curiosity, the author is american, why then do all characters speak with English accents?

Political Hack
06-04-2014, 05:31 PM
For those that have read the books and or have more knowledge than I.
Just out of curiosity, the author is american, why then do all characters speak with English accents?

we don't have kingdoms in America?

BulldogBear
06-04-2014, 05:35 PM
we don't have kingdoms in America?

That's it. It wouldn't sound authentically "middle ages" enough!! Although.... sometimes the food/fare and descriptions make it sound like medieval Pennsylvannia or something LOL

curmudgeon
06-05-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm a reader and the actress that plays Cercei sent out a instagram that has me STOKED for the final two episodes.

Cabo32
06-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Damn. I knew it. I was telling someone the other day that the last scene of this season was going to involve the character that picture is referring to

DanDority
06-05-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm a reader and the actress that plays Cercei sent out a instagram that has me STOKED for the final two episodes.

I have no idea what that is referring to, I guess since I have not read the books I shouldn't; or should I?

BulldogBear
06-05-2014, 07:27 PM
I have no idea what that is referring to, I guess since I have not read the books I shouldn't; or should I?

Don't feel bad. I've read books and have theorized extensively and I don't know what this is referring to. Now, I DO KNOW what should be coming in the last two episodes but the heart shaped rock formation escapes me. Is it a heart?

SheltonChoked
06-05-2014, 07:31 PM
It's a stone heart. Not a rock heart.

Cabo32
06-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Bulldog bear...stoneheart

BulldogBear
06-06-2014, 12:10 AM
Shelton, Cabo. Thank you.

That was an example of me not seeing the forest because of the @#$%^& trees. I guess I missed it 'cause I was looking for something Cersei related.

That's gonna shock some folks.

SheltonChoked
06-06-2014, 07:09 AM
To be fair, I had to read the caption. I'm guessing that reveal will be the last scene of the season.

Twitter is going to explode over the last 3 scenes.

curmudgeon
06-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Twitter is going to explode over the last 3 scenes.

Hell, next week is going to be huge. Looks like by the previews, a good amount of the hour is going to be the attack on Castle Black.

War Machine Dawg
06-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Hell, next week is going to be huge. Looks like by the previews, a good amount of the hour is going to be the attack on Castle Black.

I'd be shocked if most of the episode isn't the Battle at the Wall. That was a HUGE fight. And the aftermath is pretty epic as well.

mparkerfd20
06-06-2014, 02:11 PM
For those of you that haven't read the books, if what I think will happen in the finale happens, you will "shit yourself".

tcdog70
06-06-2014, 03:35 PM
a bunch of 'Oh Shit" moments in the last 2 episodes. Stay tuned.

Cabo32
06-06-2014, 05:46 PM
For those of you that haven't read the books, if what I think will happen in the finale happens, you will "shit yourself".

I'm thinking that will happen this week. There is always a big event in the 9th episode